What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 World Club Series

Valheru

Coach
If you don't understand what he was getting at you shouldn't be typing on this forum idiot.

He was saying the dynamic of the team is very different this year from last year.

As it is with most teams in the WCC

You seem quite salty over the loss but the fact is you can't point to offseason player movements as a reason for failing miserably in the WCC. Valentine Holmes is a valid 'out', the other two are not.

adamkungl

Immortal
On a side note, Josh Starling is bagging Joe Burgess on twitter, and getting carved up.

How a plod like Starling can bag another professional footy player is beyond me, he's 1 dud game from reserve grade at any given moment. At least Burgess has achieved something.

MilkShark

First Grade
As it is with most teams in the WCC

You seem quite salty over the loss but the fact is you can't point to offseason player movements as a reason for failing miserably in the WCC. Valentine Holmes is a valid 'out', the other two are not.
True, if we didn't have Barba or Ennis last year we still would have won the comp.

rabbitohs95

Bench
I think a lot of people also forget Wigan had a number of players out too. Starting hooker Mike McIlorum and Sam Tomkins, not to mention they too lost a number of players at the end of the year, Josh Charnley, Dan Sarginson, Matt Smith, the list goes on.

Wigan knew they had to play rough and they roped in the Sharks to their level, ironically thats what the Sharks had done to NRL teams in the past to grind out close wins.

Very happy with how the Warriors won and I'm happy Warrington got a win on the board too. Next year's series will be interesting to see.

wittyfan

Referee
Outrageous that it took the NRL's official twitter account 4 hours to tweet about the WCC result.

MilkShark

First Grade
So you would have won the comp without them but they are the reason you lost the WCC?

Makes sense.
In case you can't figure it, out i'm saying you're a moron that expects us to perform at the same level without these players.

AJB1102

First Grade

I know who Jason Smith is. What the f**k do you know?

Now from the idiot to the game..

Maloney was the only one who really looked likely to open anything up in attack for the Sharks. The only real threat without Ennis or Barba as Chad was a crab offloading to flatfooted 2nd rowers mostly. While Beale was solid (probably our best) he offered nothing in attack like Barba would have. Hopefully Val can add another point of attack and Chad steps up because as is it'll be a tough grind for Cronulla in 2017 going to back to relying on our forwards to do it. That only got us so far in 2015/16 and now those forwards are mostly on their last legs.

some11

Referee
On a side note, Josh Starling is bagging Joe Burgess on twitter, and getting carved up.

How a plod like Starling can bag another professional footy player is beyond me, he's 1 dud game from reserve grade at any given moment. At least Burgess has achieved something.

Even my mate wound him up on instagram, complete insecure loser which probably explains why he'll be on the club merry-go-round his whole career.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Sharks look screwed without Ennis and Barba.

Chad Townsend??? Seriously???

Chad absolutely killed for the first three quarters of last year - upstaging Maloney. Then went quiet - got hooked in one game..

Anyway, he's still got a premiership ring.

shaggs

Coach
Wigan hit with the shoulder, didn't worry about the wrestle. It really effected jack bird's running game
The nrl is obsessed with the wrestle.

Simply hit and stick.
The sharks were much better when they hit hard and fast last year. The games we tried to wrestle we got penalised and ended up on the back foot.

The way we defended against Wigan reminded me of the 2014-15.

Roosters managed to win their WCC game in 2016 with a new starting fullback, five eight and halfback, plus were missing 2 of their best forwards due to long term injury. The "we were missing Bara and Ennis" excuse doesn't look that good ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts