What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R1 - Sharks 18-26 Broncos @ SCGS

Round 1: Sharks v Broncos

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MilkShark

First Grade
Lol yeah mate it is the touchies job, the ref relies heavily on the touchies to call these. Its a lot easier when you are standing in line with the play rather than in front or behind it.

''Relies heavily''

I rely heavily on my wife to cook dinner also, but I can do it too.

Last edited:

Hutty1986

Immortal
Brisbane will go a lot better than the dooms-dayers have been predicting. Still a quality side. Both teams with a heap of improvement in them and will be serious contenders once again. Benny Hunt's awful game management and inconsistent kicking game is a huge concern for saints

Bronco18

Juniors
Two things I learnt tonight...

1. Edrick Lee is not a Rugby League player of ANY standard.

2. Gus Gould is Darius Boyd's new stepfather. Whatever Boyd has digested, Gould has eaten. Wayne "Bentface" Bennett has been sacked.

One thing I questioned tonight....

Has the voluntary tackle rule been scraped? On two occasion, Boyd, and on one occasion, Kahu, dropped to the ground like expelled tampons when covering a last tackle kick by the Sharks. As I didn't see the whole game, there was probably more of the same occurrence by both teams.

Round One and I'm already pissed off. Probably because the Broctards won.

Whining.jpg

betcats

Referee
Brisbane will go a lot better than the dooms-dayers have been predicting. Still a quality side. Both teams with a heap of improvement in them and will be serious contenders once again. Benny Hunt's awful game management and inconsistent kicking game is a huge concern for saints

Their forward pack is average, origin will f**k them worse than usual and if they pick up any long term injuries in the forwards they are gone.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Their forward pack is average, origin will f**k them worse than usual and if they pick up any long term injuries in the forwards they are gone.

Sims, Thaiday, king of the meetings, Gillett, Glenn. Still a pretty solid pack. Even Blar doesn't embarrass himself sometimes. Let's not forget a bloke named Jai Arrow. Absolutely cracking name.... so there's that.

betcats

Referee
Sims, Thaiday, king of the meetings, Gillett, Glenn. Still a pretty solid pack. Even Blar doesn't embarrass himself sometimes. Let's not forget a bloke named Jai Arrow. Absolutely cracking name.... so there's that.

Their middle rotation sucks. Blair and sims are solid and the rest are kids, I just don't see it holding up over the year. They have some good prospects but if you're already relying on good prospects to step up at full strength it's not a good sign. You need depth to do well in this comp or a shitload of luck.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Their middle rotation sucks. Blair and sims are solid and the rest are kids, I just don't see it holding up over the year. They have some good prospects but if you're already relying on good prospects to step up at full strength it's not a good sign. You need depth to do well in this comp or a shitload of luck.

I'm pretty sure we have Mitchell Dodds, George Fai, Joe Ofahengaue and Salesi Funaki waiting in the wings. Not a rep standard depth setup but not horrible either.

betcats

Referee
I'm pretty sure we have Mitchell Dodds, George Fai, Joe Ofahengaue and Salesi Funaki waiting in the wings. Not a rep standard depth setup but not horrible either.

I don't know a lot about these blokes tbh though I liked Ofahenguue whenever I saw him last season. To me it just feels like your a solid experienced nrl prop or two short. Next season will be different, these prospects will be fairly battle hardened by then.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Broncos win away to the reigning premiers.
The salt is flying around everywhere.
They have more depth than any team in the comp

blaza88z

Coach
Our pack isn't THAT bad, the one thing that I think will keep us in the games is those 2 hulking backs we have in Corey Oates and Moga (no idea how the f**k you say his first name), our second row is still really good and obviously our props are lacking but they're not the worst

It's a case of let's wait and see but we absolutely need to see more from Ben Hunt, we can't just give it away due a poor kick when we're in a threatening position