What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mayweather Vs McGregor

Woosh

Head Moderator
You stupid motherf**ker... :joy::joy:

The only difference between MMA and a street fight is in MMA there's a f**king ref to pull the MMA fighter off you to keep your stupid ass alive.

But sure... why not get into a street fight with a nasty motherf**ker who trains 7 days a week to f**king strangle other highly trained killers...

With no f**king rules or no f**kng referees to pull them off you once they start pummelling your unconscious ass on the ground or worse still.... holding you in a f**king choke where he can legitimately choose to hold you long enough to leave you brain damaged and needing someone to wipe your ass for the rest of your life...

Get the f**k outta here fool... :joy::joy:

ARE YOU FCKEN FOREAL??!!!
If you think UFC is like a street fight then you're DUMBEST C UNT I know.
You have NFI.

shiznit

Coach
ARE YOU FCKEN FOREAL??!!!
If you think UFC is like a street fight then you're DUMBEST C UNT I know.
You have NFI.
ohhh please dipshit... the fact you are even arguing this shit shows you've obviously never actually had a fight in your life.

A fight is a fight idiot... the only difference is in the UFC there's a ref to keep your ass alive...

But go ahead genius... go pick a street fight with an MMA fighter... see how that works out for you... :joy::joy:

mozza91

Coach
These press conferences are lame and staged. McGregor is an idiot and PBF is borderline geniused. The only good trash talker in MMA is Chanel Sonnen.

Woosh

Head Moderator
ohhh please dipshit... the fact you are even arguing this shit shows you've obviously never actually had a fight in your life.

A fight is a fight idiot... the only difference is in the UFC there's a ref to keep your ass alive...

But go ahead genius... go pick a street fight with an MMA fighter... see how that works out for you... :joy::joy:

Yeah you're an Internet tough guy cause you watch UFC Hahahahaha.
You think you know how to fight cause you watch UFC Hahahahaha.

I'm more than happy to meet you in the park for a scrap.
No rules.
Eye Gouging, headbutts, kicks to goins, biting all allowed.
No referees, rounds, tap outs.
Last man breathing.

Let's see what you have learnt watching the UFC tough guy Hahahaha

shiznit

Coach
Yeah you're an Internet tough guy cause you watch UFC Hahahahaha.
You think you know how to fight cause you watch UFC Hahahahaha.

I'm more than happy to meet you in the park for a scrap.
No rules.
Eye Gouging, headbutts, kicks to goins, biting all allowed.
No referees, rounds, tap outs.
Last man breathing.

Let's see what you have learnt watching the UFC tough guy Hahahaha
You calling me the internet tough guy?? And you want to meet in the park for a fight?! :joy::joy:

Get the f**k outta here you imbecile...

Watching the UFC or Boxing doesn't make you a tough guy.... it makes you appreciate that there are REAL bad motherf**kers out there who you don't f**k with...

But sure... as you say... your more than happy to put out the invitation on an Internet forum to meet up with strangers at the local park at night for a bit of groin kicking and biting... amongst other things...

Get the f**k outta here cockboy... keep your gay hookup invitations to a different type of forum...

shiznit

Coach
These press conferences are lame and staged. McGregor is an idiot and PBF is borderline geniused. The only good trash talker in MMA is Chanel Sonnen.
Nahhh Chael just uses old wrestling promos.

And the fact he was really an average fighter made him sound more delusional than anything.

Conor has really backed up everything he's said...

Although... I think he's sounding pretty delusional at the moment...

shiznit

Coach
Nah Dominick Cruz is the only good trash talker
Now HE is a good f**king trash talker...

And he doesn't do it by swearing and crossing the line... he does it by analysing you and breaking you down.

The shit he did with TJ was f**king brilliant... same with Cody Garbrant... until Cody beat the brakes of him...

I still think Conor is the best though... watching him destroy Team Alpha Male on TUF was a thing of beauty... the whole TJ is a snake in the grass... that caused a problem that carried over to this f**king season of TUF... :joy::joy:

What... 3 years later... :joy::joy:

Next level shit...

Edit - if you want to see what he did to Alpha Male...

Watch this video from like 3 or so years ago...
And then watch this from a couple of months ago...
:joy::joy:

Last edited:

Jack_Napier

Staff member
The press conferences legit look staged and imo it's obvious all parties are in this just for the payday.

Actually had a mate try to convince me the fight is going to be closer than everyone thinks. Connor will barely land a clean shot imo and it'll be an absolute schooling from PBF from about 3-4 rounds in.

Had to laugh at Connor in one of the press conferences giving Floyd shit about not being to afford a suit. I know he is shit talking but that was lame as . Floyd would surely have 10 times the wealth of Connor.

Frankus

Juniors
The press conferences legit look staged and imo it's obvious all parties are in this just for the payday.

Actually had a mate try to convince me the fight is going to be closer than everyone thinks. Connor will barely land a clean shot imo and it'll be an absolute schooling from PBF from about 3-4 rounds in.

Had to laugh at Connor in one of the press conferences giving Floyd shit about not being to afford a suit. I know he is shit talking but that was lame as . Floyd would surely have 10 times the wealth of Connor.
Floyd isn't smart enough to just straight up ask Connor how much he is worth, pull out a coin and say, I'll flip you for it bitch. That is the difference in networth between these two.

Their bank balances will be as big a mismatch as this fight.

Danish

Referee

I tend to just lurk in this thread as the fight is somewhat interesting but I'm not a UFC fan, so don't feel I've got the knowledge to discuss it with any intelligence.

But MMA is pretty far from a real fight. There are a tonne of illegal moves in UFC (kicking a guy on the ground, gouging, groin, pulling hair, etc) which would all come out in a genuine fight. Not to mention the use of any sort of weapons/objects/300+ pound friends that are nearby.

There is also just the sheer physical difference that is not easy to over come, regardless of skill level. A bloke giving away 4 inches in height and 50-60 pounds of weight is going to struggle in a one on one fight unless the bloke he is fighting has no idea what he is doing. There is a reason they have weight classes in combat sports after all

shiznit

Coach
I tend to just lurk in this thread as the fight is somewhat interesting but I'm not a UFC fan, so don't feel I've got the knowledge to discuss it with any intelligence.

But MMA is pretty far from a real fight. There are a tonne of illegal moves in UFC (kicking a guy on the ground, gouging, groin, pulling hair, etc) which would all come out in a genuine fight. Not to mention the use of any sort of weapons/objects/300+ pound friends that are nearby.

There is also just the sheer physical difference that is not easy to over come, regardless of skill level. A bloke giving away 4 inches in height and 50-60 pounds of weight is going to struggle in a one on one fight unless the bloke he is fighting has no idea what he is doing. There is a reason they have weight classes in combat sports after all
Yeah... you don't need to know anything about the UFC to figure this one out...

If I'm going to choose the winner in a street fight between a top level professional fighter who trains 7 days a week and Mr Joe Bloggs who just rolled in off the street untrained....I'm rolling with the trained killer...

There is indeed a reason why they have weight classes in combat sports... and size makes a BIG difference... IF YOUR A TRAINED FIGHTER.

Giving away 60lbs and 4 inches in height to an untrained person means next to nothing as they wont know how to use it.

And there's no real solice in the fact that in a street fight you can throw groin shots and headbutt.... that's really just more weapons your giving the trained killer...

Last edited:

Frankus

Juniors

If I'm going to choose the winner in a street fight between a top level professional fighter who trains 7 days a week and Mr Joe Bloggs who just rolled in off the street untrained....I'm rolling with the trained killer...

There is indeed a reason why they have weight classes in combat sports... and size makes a BIG difference... IF YOUR A TRAINED FIGHTER.

Giving away 60lbs and 4 inches in height to an untrained person means next to nothing as they wont know how to use it.

And there's no real solice in the fact that in a street fight you can throw groin shots and headbutt.... that's really just more weapons your giving the trained killer...

Yes the bigger better man almost always wins. Look at the heavyweight division in boxing, recently dominated by super-heavyweights like Lennox, the Klits, etc.

But your logic is somewhat flawed.

In a fight on the street you don't touch fists before going at it like Kimbo f**king Slice. Half the time you won't even know you're in a fight until it is too late and it will rarely be 1on1. Cheap shots are not 'cheap' in a street fight. 90% of fights are won in the first punch. Not to mention weapons, 12-6s, eye gouging, etc.

I agree a trained person would be better equipped to handle a situation, but if they are incapacitated before they even know what has happened what good is all that '7 days a week trained killer BS'?

shiznit

Coach
Yes the bigger better man almost always wins. Look at the heavyweight division in boxing, recently dominated by super-heavyweights like Lennox, the Klits, etc.

But your logic is somewhat flawed.

In a fight on the street you don't touch fists before going at it like Kimbo f**king Slice. Half the time you won't even know you're in a fight until it is too late and it will rarely be 1on1. Cheap shots are not 'cheap' in a street fight. 90% of fights are won in the first punch. Not to mention weapons, 12-6s, eye gouging, etc.

I agree a trained person would be better equipped to handle a situation, but if they are incapacitated before they even know what has happened what good is all that '7 days a week trained killer BS'?
So basically the crux of your argument is that a fighter could potentially get hit with a coward punch before he even knows what's happening....

That's not a street fight... that's just a straight out assault.

But even if someone did that to a fighter... they better hope to god they knock him out cold because if they don't they are f**ked.

The question I ask you is... what chance would you give yourself if you had a street fight with a pro fighter??

Serious question.... what percentage would you give yourself??

Frankus

Juniors
So basically the crux of your argument is that a fighter could potentially get hit with a coward punch before he even knows what's happening....

That's not a street fight... that's just a straight out assault.

But even if someone did that to a fighter... they better hope to god they knock him out cold because if they don't they are f**ked.

The question I ask you is... what chance would you give yourself if you had a street fight with a pro fighter??

Serious question.... what percentage would you give yourself??

Serious question - Are we bowing and touching gloves before it happens?

Trevor Berbick and Tue Bjorn Thomsen both pro fighters killed in street fights involving weapons.

If I was jumping into the cage or ring with a top level pro, I would give myself 0%.

You are talking about street fights like there is a level of fairness to them, which for anyone who has been in one, there is not. I've been set upon by 3-4 guys before. A friend of mine (was a decent boxer) was stabbed about 12 times whilst giving someone a hiding. Another friend of mine was glassed - I was there. A friend of mine gave a guy a hiding then had collapsed 2 knuckles and we saw the guy 3 weeks later, looking completely fine whilst my mate still had his arm in a cast.

I've also seen someone have a limb or finger broken whilst "winning" a fight. No one wins a street fight. It happens very quickly and is the reason I avoid them at all costs nowadays.

Never know what someone else is carrying and prepared to do in that rush of blood moment.

shiznit

Coach
Serious question - Are we bowing and touching gloves before it happens?

Trevor Berbick and Tue Bjorn Thomsen both pro fighters killed in street fights involving weapons.

If I was jumping into the cage or ring with a top level pro, I would give myself 0%.

You are talking about street fights like there is a level of fairness to them, which for anyone who has been in one, there is not. I've been set upon by 3-4 guys before. A friend of mine (was a decent boxer) was stabbed about 12 times whilst giving someone a hiding. Another friend of mine was glassed - I was there. A friend of mine gave a guy a hiding then had collapsed 2 knuckles and we saw the guy 3 weeks later, looking completely fine whilst my mate still had his arm in a cast.

I've also seen someone have a limb or finger broken whilst "winning" a fight. No one wins a street fight. It happens very quickly and is the reason I avoid them at all costs nowadays.

Never know what someone else is carrying and prepared to do in that rush of blood moment.
Dude... I'm sure everyone has had there fair share of fights...

I've busted a knuckle and broken my nose in a fight. And I certainly didn't lose it... I gave as good as I got.

But my point is... the chances are I would have had the shit beaten out of me if I fought a pro fighter.

And I have seen with my own eyes a former Olympic gold medal boxer beat the snot out of 3 gang members who decided they were going to pick a fight with him.

There was no bowing or touching gloves...

All that showed me is there are levels to this shit...

Sure anything can happen.... I mean FFS.... a guy could pull a gun out and shoot you...

But I'll go with a trained fighter over a nobody off the street every time.

And 95% of the time I'll be right.

Frankus

Juniors
Dude... I'm sure everyone has had there fair share of fights...

I've busted a knuckle and broken my nose in a fight. And I certainly didn't lose it... I gave as good as I got.

But my point is... the chances are I would have had the shit beaten out of me if I fought a pro fighter.

And I have seen with my own eyes a former Olympic gold medal boxer beat the snot out of 3 gang members who decided they were going to pick a fight with him.

There was no bowing or touching gloves...

All that showed me is there are levels to this shit...

Sure anything can happen.... I mean FFS.... a guy could pull a gun out and shoot you...

But I'll go with a trained fighter over a nobody off the street every time.

And 95% of the time I'll be right.
I get your point and somewhat agree.

This all comes back to your boy McGregor saying he would destroy Floyd in a street fight. What would actually happen is that McGregor would be set upon by Floyd's bodyguards and left with life threatening injuries. There is no honour in a street fight mate.

Danish

Referee

Size difference is going to make the most difference providing both people know at least something about how to fight - and obviously providing the size difference is actually made up with muscle. (Some fat bloke obviously isn't going to gain any advantage just from being fat)

Yeah the skill is going to help immensely, but if the big guy at least know the basics of how to defend himself and throw a few different punches and kicks, the size difference is going to be tough for a small guy to overcome.

To take it to the extreme, I'm sure you've seen the footage of McGregor and the Mountain "sparring". It looked like a dad play fighting with their toddler. There isn't a thing McGregor would be able to do except run away if those 2 ever actually had a genuine fight. No amount of skill on McGregor's part is going to make a lick of difference. If McGregor didn't run, the fight would only last as long as it took for the bloke to get his arms around McGregor and then it would be done.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Size difference is going to make the most difference providing both people know at least something about how to fight - and obviously providing the size difference is actually made up with muscle. (Some fat bloke obviously isn't going to gain any advantage just from being fat)

Yeah the skill is going to help immensely, but if the big guy at least know the basics of how to defend himself and throw a few different punches and kicks, the size difference is going to be tough for a small guy to overcome.

To take it to the extreme, I'm sure you've seen the footage of McGregor and the Mountain "sparring". It looked like a dad play fighting with their toddler. There isn't a thing McGregor would be able to do except run away if those 2 ever actually had a genuine fight. No amount of skill on McGregor's part is going to make a lick of difference. If McGregor didn't run, the fight would only last as long as it took for the bloke to get his arms around McGregor and then it would be done.

No point talking sense to shitnitz

edabomb

First Grade
A live stream of Woosh and shiznit meeting in a park to get it on is infinitely more exciting than PBF and some UFC guy.