What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

24 Hour NRL channel

Generalzod

Immortal
I get FOxtel via Optus cable so that how get my NRL and have the internet with Optus, The NBN people are currently in our area laying fibre optic cable, I was told that when the NBN arrives your cable TV and internet service will cease. So what are my Options in the future?

Incorrect

Coach
I get FOxtel via Optus cable so that how get my NRL and have the internet with Optus, The NBN people are currently in our area laying fibre optic cable, I was told that when the NBN arrives your cable TV and internet service will cease. So what are my Options in the future?

There are none.... You might as well curl up and die right now.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Cute girl in the background on tonights Professor.

I have noticed the last few times watching they have put a good looking girl in the background. Must be in their contract.

Just saw a replay of it, I'm glad they made fun of Ch 9's reporting on Corey Norman. How ridiculous was it having a reporter coming to his house and using that footage as part of their news.

No wonder people have turned off Channel 9.

Life's Good

Coach
I have noticed the last few times watching they have put a good looking girl in the background. Must be in their contract.

Just saw a replay of it, I'm glad they made fun of Ch 9's reporting on Corey Norman. How ridiculous was it having a reporter coming to his house and using that footage as part of their news.

No wonder people have turned off Channel 9.
I wish my place of employment stipulated cute girls. Heck I'd do the interviews in my spare time.
On Ch9, yeah they are ordinary esp. The Footy Show(I watch maybe 5 mins a month of it). Fortunately I watch Fox for the games to spare me the matey dribble that goes with ch9 coverage.

Reactions: Vee

Incorrect

Coach
That's a f**king bummer...
In all seriousness, I believe that once the NBN is in your area, you will have 18 months (or is it 6?) to pick a new ISP and arrnage your NBN plan with them. Once the time has elapsed, you could lose your existing internet access, along with landline number (if you have one). There were some articles in the paper recently about Optus disconnecting unsuspecting customers internet and home phone and some small businesses lost their phone number as a result and could not get it back

Perth Red

Post Whore
Only here could we spend billions and end up with internet speeds slower than some developing countries!

AJB1102

First Grade
Why? Because they cut out the ads & crap time wasting plays....packing a scrum, penalties etc

Cut out what ads? This foxtel, they still show the halftime ads. And a quarter of every game is not time wasting and scrum packing.

I'm okay with chopping stuff like waiting for the drop-out/scrum clock and any time off for injuries, but you cannot sufficiently show an 80min game in 60. Might as well be a highlights package.

I've seen replays where the commentator says its so and so's 3rd forced drop-out and I hadn't seen any of them - building pressure might bore some ADHD kids buts its an integral part of the game.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Cut out what ads? This foxtel, they still show the halftime ads. And a quarter of every game is not time wasting and scrum packing.

I'm okay with chopping stuff like waiting for the drop-out/scrum clock and any time off for injuries, but you cannot sufficiently show an 80min game in 60. Might as well be a highlights package.

I've seen replays where the commentator says its so and so's 3rd forced drop-out and I hadn't seen any of them - building pressure might bore some ADHD kids buts its an integral part of the game.
but you'll get to see even more replays of NRL 360 if they edit games to 60 minutes

TheFrog

Coach
NRL360 appear to have Origin on the brain. The 3rd game was played three weeks ago. It is time to leave it behind and concentrate on the main attraction.