What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are you most disappointed with?

JJ

Immortal
Apart from 2004 Anderson's record is better than Ivan's. and his win % is significantly better.
Yep, my thinking too - and Leaguenut's graph :)

I like Ivan too - but Anderson played a big role in turning us into a real force - staggered that if the likes of Cleary or Toovey were keen on the job they gave it to a proven failure who's a good assistant

Big Marn

Juniors
Yep, my thinking too - and Leaguenut's graph :)

I like Ivan too - but Anderson played a big role in turning us into a real force - staggered that if the likes of Cleary or Toovey were keen on the job they gave it to a proven failure who's a good assistant
One could argue Cleary paid a big role in turning us into a real force, on the field. Safe as houses, good support runner and high percentage goal kicker turned some of Andersons potential losses into wins, (especially the goal kicking) :p

Reactions: JJ

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
One could argue Cleary paid a big role in turning us into a real force, on the field. Safe as houses, good support runner and high percentage goal kicker turned some of Andersons potential losses into wins, (especially the goal kicking) :p

That's true but this discussion is more about Cleary the coach than Cleary the player. We've had some quality fullbacks over the years but in terms of value for money its that aussie trio of Cleary, Webb and McKinnon that stand out.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
4. Thompson - gave us 1 good year and since then has drifted badly in and out of games
3. Hoffman - Thought his signing would have given us a lot more then it did, kind of saw him as a 2nd coming of Pricey.. Maybe its time to steer clear of Storm boys, fearing for Tohu a little tbh...
2. Luke - just not consistent enough
1. Foran - no impact, in hindsight it probably would have been better going with Ata

I would like to include Kata into this list, but I just can't because of some of the issues that he has had to deal with during the season. I'm hoping he has a break over the off-season and comes back next year mind clear and ready to roll

JJ

Immortal
I am now leaning towards Doyle tbh - huge expectations - but his signature moves are Luke, Foran, Kearney and RTS :(

RTS can't be faulted for effort etc, but without a good coach and a strong team he's pretty one-dimensional, we have a running fullback who's a turnstile in defence... he was a kid with the world at his feet, and has now stagnated rather than develop into an elite fullback

I'm trying to stop commenting on SK, Luke and Foran

Thompson was always ordinary, and Kata isn't a first grade centre at the moment, they don't pick themselves...

Hoffman might well have had a gutsful, and not sure I can blame him

I am now leaning towards Doyle tbh - huge expectations - but his signature moves are Luke, Foran, Kearney and RTS :(

RTS can't be faulted for effort etc, but without a good coach and a strong team he's pretty one-dimensional, we have a running fullback who's a turnstile in defence... he was a kid with the world at his feet, and has now stagnated rather than develop into an elite fullback

I'm trying to stop commenting on SK, Luke and Foran

Thompson was always ordinary, and Kata isn't a first grade centre at the moment, they don't pick themselves...

Hoffman might well have had a gutsful, and not sure I can blame him

Doyle did his job convincing quality players to come here, but not sure if it is his job to keep them quality or if it is the coaches?

I guess if they don't fit the culture ala Hayne, it could be on him as should pick that up in interview process, but suspect we take what we can get.

If Doyle is sole reason for Kearney's appointment then it's on him, but suspect the board had a bit of a hand in that.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Doyle did his job convincing quality players to come here, but not sure if it is his job to keep them quality or if it is the coaches?

I guess if they don't fit the culture ala Hayne, it could be on him as should pick that up in interview process, but suspect we take what we can get.

If Doyle is sole reason for Kearney's appointment then it's on him, but suspect the board had a bit of a hand in that.

Yep im not counting the player appointments against him. Kearney possibly.

JJ

Immortal
Having seen the same team again when we are so far gone it's not funny, Kearney still warrants a mention

Everyone knew he was rubbish but this is beyond a joke. At least at the Eels he made the odd insane selection, now he just incoherently rambles about lack of effort and ability before photocopying last week's team sheet

playdaball

Bench
Most disappointed with whoever employed Steve Kearney. He's made some bad calls this year and despite having a Solid roster, 2017 will go down as the Warriors
worse season.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Im mostly disappointed with Kearneys 'process'.

I think the first part of his process was to increase our number of completed sets. Im not just slapping our only positive this year to his credit. Earlier this season we wondered where our offloads went to and you couldn't help but think that Kearney got rid of the '50/50 balls' that offloads are also known as. A conservative approach thats indicative of completing sets and a boring style to watch.

Kearney and the players are not going to tell us what the process is so you cant help but to wonder what it could be. Shedding some light on what it could be may help one to suss out what the next step could be.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

Yeah, the player signings aren't totally on Doyle. He signed Luke when he was top qualty, RTS when he was a record metre eater, the only one you can be critical of is Foran when we resigned ourselves to being a year-long halfway house set-up. The inability to sign players in the position we truly needed, prop, is one definite failure. Who appointed Iro? If that's Jim, another failure.

Kearney, I don't care who really made the call. As CEO, that falls on Doyle and he has to cop it as part of his legacy that he signed a complete bum to the coaching job - following 3 other bum coaching decisions by Scurrah before him.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
The first and last time he had impact in the Warriors colours.
No I dont that was. From an objective look at Forans performance, whilst he hasnt been all we hoped (same can be said and IS said for the others RTS, Luke) he has provided some try assists. No impact is over the top, he has done more than zilch.

JJ

Immortal
No I dont that was. From an objective look at Forans performance, whilst he hasnt been all we hoped (same can be said and IS said for the others RTS, Luke) he has provided some try assists. No impact is over the top, he has done more than zilch.
Yes, have you seen how direct he is, he straightens everything up

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Yes, have you seen how direct he is, he straightens everything up
Straight? whats running straight have to do with him having no impact, because thats the post you quoted.

Im talking about him doing zilch, having NO IMPACT. No means zilch, nothing. If some one said 'JJ has no impact on this forum', I would say 'well he does'. Remember, I was debating Foran having no impact, not him running straight. The proof is in the traded posts!