What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Knights

Meth

Staff member
Still a lot of ambiguity over the return time for injured players.

1- Nicoll-Klokstad/Tuivasa-Sheck
2- Watene-Zelezniak
3- Berry
4- Tuivasa-Skeck/Leiataua
5- Kosi
6- Metcalf
7- Johnson
8- Fonua-Blake
9- Egan
10- Barnett
11- Ford
12- Capewell
13- Harris

Res- Tevaga, Walker, Ale, Harris-Tavita

I don't know if it's the right time to bring in Kosi in terms of his fitness and form, but I'm generally over Montoya. A mediocre player who aimed up initially, but has settled back into his mediocrity.

I don't want to select Ford, but we don't really seem to have any options, especially with Niukore out and Barnett shifted to the middle. I toyed with bringing Maui'u in and sticking with my proposal of Barnett to the second row, but he was sensational last night in the middle.

Hard to get a read on Harris-Tavita's effectiveness as a back up hooker, but selected him over Lussick because he offers more versatility, a bit of spark and we're generally going better with Egan playing as close to 80 minutes as possible anyway, right? It's tricky, with Egan under a bit of an injury cloud. But there's a few others in that camp too.

CNK is due back this week or the next.

Big Marn

Juniors
How about Leiataua on the Wing if CNK comes into the side and Roger has to go back to centre.
David Fusitua originally came into the Warriors as a centre but ended up being lethal on the wing.
RTS originally started on the wing so there could be a bit of interplay there to keep the opposition guessing if they switch around on attack etc.
Ali can still do the hitups needed getting the ball out of our 20m and hes just as big as Kosi. And he couldnt be any worse than Monty on D could he? I think you need your best 13 out there even if someone is playing out of postion.
Worth a crack imo.

01. RTS .
02. DWZ.
03. Rocco Berry.
04. Ali Leiataua.
05. Marcelo Montoya.
06. Luke Metcalf.
07. Shaun Johnson.
08. Bunty Afoa.
09. Freddy Lussick.
10. Mitchell Barnett.
11. Jackson Ford.
12. Kurt Capewell.
13. Tohu Harris.

14. CHT.
15. Tom Ale.
16. Zyon Mau'u.
17. Jacob Laban.

vvvrulz

Coach
I haven't had a huge problem with Montoya so far, aside from a couple of bad errors he's mostly doing his job. As long as he and Ford aren't making mistakes it's not the worst having a couple of hard working journeymen.

Nice throwback to the wasted potential of Fus, who I thought was incredible at fullback once he settled into it.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
01. RTS .
02. DWZ.
03. Rocco Berry.
04. Ali Leiataua.
05. Marcelo Montoya.
06. Luke Metcalf.
07. Shaun Johnson.
08. Bunty Afoa.
09. Freddy Lussick.
10. Mitchell Barnett.
11. Jackson Ford.
12. Kurt Capewell.
13. Tohu Harris.

14. CHT.
15. Tom Ale.
16. Zyon Mau'u.
17. Jacob Laban.
Dropping Tevaga already? He went well yesterday. Really not a fan of bringing a player in and dropping him straight away unless he has a shocker. And I doubt Webster is either.
Egans a shoo-in too if he’s fit.

Still a lot of ambiguity over the return time for injured players.

2- Watene-Zelezniak
3- Berry
4- Tuivasa-Skeck/Leiataua
5- Kosi
6- Metcalf
7- Johnson
8- Fonua-Blake
9- Egan
10- Barnett
11- Ford
12- Capewell
13- Harris

I don't know if it's the right time to bring in Kosi in terms of his fitness and form, but I'm generally over Montoya. A mediocre player who aimed up initially, but has settled back into his mediocrity.

I don't want to select Ford, but we don't really seem to have any options, especially with Niukore out and Barnett shifted to the middle. I toyed with bringing Maui'u in and sticking with my proposal of Barnett to the second row, but he was sensational last night in the middle.

Hard to get a read on Harris-Tavita's effectiveness as a back up hooker, but selected him over Lussick because he offers more versatility, a bit of spark and we're generally going better with Egan playing as close to 80 minutes as possible anyway, right? It's tricky, with Egan under a bit of an injury cloud. But there's a few others in that camp too.

CNK is due back this week or the next.

Correct me if i am wrong but didnt Barnett slot into right edge??
Pretty sure him, Ale and Afoa were all on at the same time

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
2- Watene-Zelezniak
3- Berry
4- Tuivasa-Sheck/Leiataua
5- Montoya
6- Metcalf
7- Johnson
8- Fonua-Blake
9- Egan
10- Barnett
11- Ford
12- Capewell
13- Harris

Not ready to drop Monty yet unless someone has an absolute blinder in reserve grade.

Dropping Tevaga already? He went well yesterday. Really not a fan of bringing a player in and dropping him straight away unless he has a shocker. And I doubt Webster is either.
Egans a shoo-in too if he’s fit
Thanks. I overlooked adding Tevaga.

Laban withdraws.

Egan is indispensable when fully fit. Rushing him back prematurely could worsen his elbow injury, so proper management is crucial.

Meth

Staff member
Egan will play if he’s fit and won’t if he’s not. He was close this week, so I’d suggest he’s a good chance of being good to go

Meth

Staff member
Correct me if i am wrong but didnt Barnett slot into right edge??
Pretty sure him, Ale and Afoa were all on at the same t

yeah, I think when Tuaupiki came off. So, not sure whether it was planned or reactive.

obviously, he or Niukore doing a stint on the edge is a legitimate form of cover when the bench is so loaded with middles.

yeah, I think when Tuaupiki came off. So, not sure whether it was planned or reactive.

obviously, he or Niukore doing a stint on the edge is a legitimate form of cover when the bench is so loaded with middles.
Im with you. Id prefer him on an edge.

To achieve that w need to purchase a prop of a higher quality that Afoa until Ale develops fully

Meth

Staff member
Yeah it’s hard to know with Afoa. The reality is that Webster doesn’t want him to play more than a stint and when he is on the field, he isn’t really required to take the ball up. It’s unlikely to be a lack of desire. He’s good on defence

Egan will play if he’s fit and won’t if he’s not. He was close this week, so I’d suggest he’s a good chance of being good to go
Gees I hope so. Attack looks so much better and straighter when he's on.

If fit, he's gotta be in the mix for Origin. Madge likes him, and with Cook struggling like everyone else at Souths, there could a spot there. Robson is a workhorse but Api and Egan would have to be the most creative options for NSW.

ozenzud

Juniors
Are the RTS picks at 1 based on wanting to see him there (assuming CNK isnt fit yet), or has Tuaupiki been ruled out?
Mandatory 11 day stand down as he failed the HiA. I'm guessing based on no actual evidence , that CNK is some way away. Webster has been putting players in the team list when they aren't quite there. CNK has not been heard from.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Mandatory 11 day stand down as he failed the HiA. I'm guessing based on no actual evidence , that CNK is some way away. Webster has been putting players in the team list when they aren't quite there. CNK has not been heard from.
I see the Roosters got Walker’s grade 1 downgraded to a grade 2 so he avoids the stand down (because uncle Nick gets what he wants). As Tuapiki didn’t even look dazed I wonder if it’s worth getting his reviewed?

Leber

Bench
CNK is fit (apparently) So He'd be the only change.

Unless Egan is ready then I'd have him in there for CHT.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
CNK is fit (apparently) So He'd be the only change.

Unless Egan is ready then I'd have him in there for CHT.
Good news. I really don’t want Roger distracted by having to cover FB. He’s growing into the centre role and needs to get settled, and all the signs are that when he does we’re going to have an absolute gun pairing with him and Rocco.