What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Judiciary & Match Review

no name

Coach
It is a 5 week ban bare in mind. He only gets 3 with an early plea.

I hate the plea system but it is what it is.

For the record I'd have been happy if he copped 6 weeks.
It was only a grade 3 though.
All things considered I think 6 weeks should have been the minimum after any plea.

lockyno1

Post Whore
It was only a grade 3 though.
All things considered I think 6 weeks should have been the minimum after any plea.

It was never going to be a grade 5. Forget who it was but there was one a few years back that got a grade 4, which was a fraction worse. He got 5 games, reduced to 3. My main issue is the silly early plea thing- don't get e started on it. there is too much a reduction. My view is that if the initial charge is more than 3 games you shouldn't get more than a 1 game discount. he worse the tackle is the more games you are shaving off with this discount as it is right now...a 7 match ban goes down to 4 or whatever.

no name

Coach
Inu was the 4 and I reckon they are very similar.
A grade 5 will never be given if these 2 don't qualify.
Agree that a higher downgrade for a higher charge is f**king ridiculous.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Inu was the 4 and I reckon they are very similar.
A grade 5 will never be given if these 2 don't qualify.
Agree that a higher downgrade for a higher charge is f**king ridiculous.

That's right, wasn't there one that was 6 weeks as well? Could have been a Cronulla player? (I'm seriously just going off the top of my head)

The shaving off weeks is the problem. If we said he got 4 would it be that big a deal, probably not. It's on the light side, but 3 seems pretty weak. I've said this for years, it is the one massive problem with the system. You have to have some discount for an early plea but it shouldn't be the same amount...25% of 100 is fine...25% of 800 is far from fine. Too big a downgrade!

skeepe

Immortal
Not only does injury count, but so does who you do it to... imagine if he's tackled Slater like that...

Simon Woolford got 8 weeks for a "spear" tackle on Slater where Billy landed on his back.

Reactions: JJ

Saxon

Bench
Simon Woolford got 8 weeks for a "spear" tackle on Slater where Billy landed on his back.

True, but it had nothing to do with it being Slater.

He didn't get 8 weeks for that one tackle. He was charged with a grade 2 dangerous throw. At the time that's a 3 week suspension, or 2 with an early plea.
He got 8 weeks because of priors and loading - 2 head high charges earlier that season. That's why he got the 8. Would have only been 6 with an early plea.

Nothing to do with who he tackled, everything to do with Germ being a repeatedly careless tackler.

skeepe

Immortal
True, but it had nothing to do with it being Slater.

He didn't get 8 weeks for that one tackle. He was charged with a grade 2 dangerous throw. At the time that's a 3 week suspension, or 2 with an early plea.
He got 8 weeks because of priors and loading - 2 head high charges earlier that season. That's why he got the 8. Would have only been 6 with an early plea.

Nothing to do with who he tackled, everything to do with Germ being a repeatedly careless tackler.
Sure, but even a grade 2 charge was a joke.

Grade 1 would have been a stretch.

The fact he was charged at all is because the tackle was on Slater - it wasn't even worth a penalty.

POPEYE

Coach
Not only does injury count, but so does who you do it to... imagine if he's tackled Slater like that...
Imagine if King hadn't tucked his head in . . . Slater is also smart enough to tuck his head in when he sees something coming

Judiciary aside because it's after the fact, shouldn't every player be required to undergo stringent training to help lessen the impact. If players spend so much time learning to wrestle why not spend a little time on 'feet off the ground, chin on chest' procedures

. . . and punishment to suit the injury is still just plain old f**king bullshit

yobbo84

First Grade
Pile drive a guy's head into the ground = 3 weeks
Throw a water bottle = 2 weeks

Seems legit.

Tiger5150

Bench
The base charge was 100 points for JWH. By taking the early guilty plea he does not miss a week but has 75 carry over points.

Amazed. I understand that on replay it looks bad but he is not looking etc etc etc, but I was at the game, it happened right in front of me and I happened to be staring right at him when it happened, it was an intentional elbow to the head.

Amazed. I understand that on replay it looks bad but he is not looking etc etc etc, but I was at the game, it happened right in front of me and I happened to be staring right at him when it happened, it was an intentional elbow to the head.

Yeah. I hope he went and bought some Lotto tickets as I thought it didn't look good on the day either (and I was there too). Was incredibly dumb thing to do, to say the least.

Clifferd

Coach
Sam Burgess gets off for a swinging arm plus an elbow to the face/head slam

Yet chee kam gets suspended for a harmless little shoulder charge

I love the NRL.

super_coach

First Grade
Like most justice systems the NRL's system is very unfair and stinks of being influenced by certain clubs. All you want is a level playing field, but like the salary cap it just doesn't happen.

The people at HQ are wondering why fans are leaving the game in droves, time to take your heads out of the sand and treat all teams the same instead of bowing down to certain players and certain clubs

Sadly it will never happen

Latest posts