What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 ladder predictions

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
1. Cowboys
2. Broncos
3. Roosters
4. Storm
5. Souths
6. Cronulla
7. Parramatta
8. Canberra

As was the case this year, the bottom half of the 8 is completely up in the air, both in terms of which teams will be involved and where they'll finish. Melbourne will miss Cronk and Slater (?) but they still have the quality (and the dogshit tactics) to make it to the top 4 again. I think Souths will benefit from a change of coach but I think I am giving them a heap of credit initially putting them at 5th. They could just as easily finish 8th or 9th and I wouldn't bat an eyelash. That's how loose the competition really is outside of the top 4.

Parramatta's drop off? I think this year was their chance to make a big dent. So many close finishes flattered them in 2017 and being sent packing in straight sets by the depleted Cows after so much hype surrounding them will cost them mentally. Canberra cannot possibly miss the 8 again with that squad. It is just unfathomable that they could, and if it looks like they will again by mid season, the media will be all over Stuart like a bad rash. He may even be odds on to be the first coach seen off in 2018 if they are struggling by Origin season, closely followed by Merge Mary and Kearney.

Shorty

Staff member
Swap Parra and Broncos.
I know your mob aren't the most objective of fans, but there's a lot of players leaving the Broncos...who is replacing them?
Parra made top 4 with a boatload of injuries, they'll be stronger next year.
Can't decide on the rest atm.

LineBall

Juniors
Swap Parra and Broncos.
I know your mob aren't the most objective of fans, but there's a lot of players leaving the Broncos...who is replacing them?
Parra made top 4 with a boatload of injuries, they'll be stronger next year.
Can't decide on the rest atm.

I don’t think my mob (Broncos) will make the top 4.

I also think Parra will just scrape into the 8. Semi could score tries no other winger in the game could. I expect them to be down a fair bit in the ‘For’ column next year.

This Year?

Immortal
So Manly and Penrith out and Raiders and Souths in.

OK then....

These kinds of predictions really get me. Why can't people make bold predictions with Broncos, Storm, Sharks and Cowboys out of the 8. It's getting tiresome seeing the same teams make it.

Shorty

Staff member

I also think Parra will just scrape into the 8. Semi could score tries no other winger in the game could. I expect them to be down a fair bit in the ‘For’ column next year.
That's a good point but with Cuthberson coming back and Moses having a full off season will also help.
They could do a Raiders though, depends on the coaching.
So Manly and Penrith out and Raiders and Souths in.

OK then....

These kinds of predictions really get me. Why can't people make bold predictions with Broncos, Storm, Sharks and Cowboys out of the 8. It's getting tiresome seeing the same teams make it.
Why would it be bold?
You should have got used to it by now but Melb/Bris are powerhouse clubs, it is rare for them to miss the 8 completely.
They have solid recruitment, a strong roster and great coaches.
Those 3 things are not always happening at once but one of those is usually enough to make the 8.
Sharks/Cows might drop but can't see either of those coaches tolerating playing poorly.

Pedge1971

First Grade
That's a good point but with Cuthberson coming back and Moses having a full off season will also help.

Why would it be bold?
You should have got used to it by now but Melb/Bris are powerhouse clubs, it is rare for them to miss the 8 completely.
Those 3 things are not always happening at once but one of those is usually enough to make the 8.
Sharks/Cows might drop but can't see either of those coaches tolerating playing poorly.

And brown paper bags, boats and double contracts.

This Year?

Immortal

Why would it be bold?

I get your point about Storm and Broncos being powerhouse clubs but it still can happen. Canterbury and St George used to be powerhouse clubs too and look at them now. The whole salary cap thing was designed to give all clubs a fair chance. How can they do it when clubs when the "powerhouse clubs" pretty much have a mortgage on the top 8. I think it'd be great to see a top 8 not consist of the usuals just for a change, wouldn't you?

Clifferd

Coach
Opinions are opinions but how anyone has souffs in their 8 with an untested coach and the burgess twins still stinking it up is beyond me.

Not to mention a bloke they signed who's only good for about 5 club games a year and a 70 year old Greg Inglis.

No offense but I see them struggling.

Someguy

First Grade

This! A rather high percentage of semis tries were him making something out of nothing. Halves and centres stifled the attack and he rarely touched the ball. I want this guy back in the NRL but with a team that is willing to feed him the ball. Parra going to miss this guy big time.

The_Shield

Juniors
Melbourne will miss Cronk and Slater (?) but they still have the quality (and the dogshit tactics)
Dogshit tactics?? Did you even watch the Storm vs Broncos game last week? You as a Broncos fan can not complain one bit about the Storm after the cheap shots your team was using. Stop being a whiny little bitch about Melbourne when your team is worse then the Storm

Latest posts