What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nine axes Footy Show? Fatty gorrrn

Incorrect

Coach
Does anyone else remember that Footy Show 'spinoff' Sam and the Fatman . Sam Newman and Paul Vautin hosting together. Quality television that.
Must have been part of my therapy that I've managed to block all memories of any such TV show.... Money well spent!!

DC_fan

Coach
Give the Job to Rebecca W*lson have Keiran Foran come on and abuse her corspe.

You have obviously attended the Harvey Weinstein School of our how to treat females. You would probably make a good director or producer in that regard

Last edited:

DC_fan

Coach
The Footy Show will now appear three times aweek. Monday and Thursday nights, and on Sunday.

Anyone who has watched The Footy Show in the last ten years needs help.

A bunch of mumble mouthed ex players thinking they're the worlds best comedians .

ed-grimley

Bench
I predict:

Panel

* Erin Molan - host - a chick for chick's sake. A touch of glamour. Mutton dressed up as lamb for the meatheads.

* Eddie McGuire to co-host both Footy Shows, simultaneously...without either audiences realising it, through trick photography and through generic "footy" topics, Q&As, and "his feelings on the 'game', etc.".

* Paul Kent - poached from Fox. The ex-player; everybody's "mate"; the know-it-all; the hard-hitting journo, for the "keeping it real" angle (with the occasional sly wink/nod to camera left as if to say 'I'm one of you...really, I am.").

* Beau Ryan - everyone's favourite everyman.

* David Middleton

* Paul Gallen - the grunt and the gristle.

New Segments

* Beat The Buzz - a competition hosted by Buzz Rothfield. If the contestant (NRL players) get it wrong, skoll a shot. If the player wins, they literally get to beat up Buzz Rothfield.

* Hey, Hey It's Thaiday. Sam Thaiday takes over The Big Marn's role, interviewing kids and squeezing that lemon dry for a few more years. Also goes out on the street and/or at games, and does 'funny' stuff.

* X + O's - think Hindy and Fletch, but with Z-Grade ex-footballers (with Ben Hannant in support [think Beaver Menzies] and going out and filming 'comedic' shit, stunts, pranks. Running gags, inside innuendo. Diminishing returns, detritus feeder humour, cult following assured.

* Australian Ninja Warrior - NRL edition.

* Know It All. David Middleton asking and answering his own RL trivia questions for 15 minutes.

* You Better, You Bet - all the gambling odds and match-ups, stats and what not. Hosted by Tim Simona.

* Who Wants To Be The Next Rugby League Immortal?- hosted by Darren Lockyer as he goes on the road in search of the 9th Immortal. Interviews genuine nominees such as Provan, Sterling, Meninga and Fittler over the 25 rounds of the season, culminating in a massive inauguration night where Lockyer himself is installed as the 9th Immortal.

* M*U*S*H* - James McManus, Issac De Gois and Nigel Plum star in this hilarious and heart warming segment about ex-footy players going about rudimentary, every day activities like buying a bottle of milk, helping their kids tie their shoe laces, and watering the garden and also remembering to go to the toilet and trying to find their house keys. You'll laugh, you'll cry...
The Lockyer segment could actually work.

big hit!

Bench
thurs night footy really f**ked the show....started about 9:30pm and would drag on after 11:30pm....who the f**k is watching anything at that time, and particularly the drivel the footy show came up with?

the segments were really lame....player probe horrendous, the games quizzes, etc....it became bad television. not fatty's fault, just what the show had become.

afl's version is just as f**ked apparently, losing lots of numbers to the front bar format on 7 in melbourne.

c9 really haven't done much good for rugby league at all. apart from paying broadcast rights, they've done a real disservice to the sport.

Stallion

First Grade
thurs night footy really f**ked the show....started about 9:30pm and would drag on after 11:30pm....who the f**k is watching anything at that time, and particularly the drivel the footy show came up with?

the segments were really lame....player probe horrendous, the games quizzes, etc....it became bad television. not fatty's fault, just what the show had become.

afl's version is just as f**ked apparently, losing lots of numbers to the front bar format on 7 in melbourne.

c9 really haven't done much good for rugby league at all. apart from paying broadcast rights, they've done a real disservice to the sport.

Agree with general comment on nine. When no mention of the world cup happened on grand final night I thought that was very short sighted. Another thing ive noticed is that other codes will get free to air coverage for a game in all capital cities and rugby league rarely gets the same treatment. This is amazing given that rugby league rates the socks off the other codes like union etc!?

King Cliffy

Juniors
She's more of a woman now than when she had a pulse.
I notice their ratings for their football coverage has dropped too.I always watch fox's coverage,as you don't have too put up with Phil Gould.Also I can't understand how Ray Hadley got re signed.They should get Andrew Voss back as he is a far better commentator than Hadley or Gould.

Stallion

First Grade
I notice their ratings for their football coverage has dropped too.I always watch fox's coverage,as you don't have too put up with Phil Gould.Also I can't understand how Ray Hadley got re signed.They should get Andrew Voss back as he is a far better commentator than Hadley or Gould.

Yes. Vossy has the goods! He also has a better feel for the game and respects that the code should be alot bigger than it is!

Latest posts