What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor Mill

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Who'll be the first off-load
Well, I'd be willing to discount any new signings - JTS knows he is on a secondary contract and he's more here for the off field role. Beale and Hiku both coming home, can't imagine either of them going within a year. Gelling just signed to be with his girlfriend, so I reckon he's okay.

That leaves:
Fusi
Big Ken
CNK
Kata
Ayshford

This will really test Kearneys hard on for Ken and Kata.
I wouldn't be surprised to see CNK go if he got an offer from somewhere.
Fus, please tell me he won't leave. Please tell me he won't do that!

Ayshord is an interesting one, he's been loyal and a quiet achiever.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Id be happy with:

1. RTS
2.Hiku
3. Kata
4. Gelling
5. Fusitua

RTS and Fus are probably the only locks in that backline. If Beale was fit he would probably take Kata's spot I reckon. Still though a lot could happen in the trials...

Could trade someone for a prop mid season

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
I'd go
1.RTS
2.CKN
3.Hiku
4.Kata/Ayshford/Beale when fit
5.Fusitua

CKN looked good when he had his chance last year, and Fus is a great finisher who usually makes good decisions.
Only thing that concerns me is there are no 'big' players in that backline, and we've had one there for such a long time Kearny might keep Maumalo there... really hope not!

MKEB...

Staff member
Yeah...that is one thing I cant work out; what has Aysh done wrong? He has more upsides IMO than most of the outside backs that are here.

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
Whos that? Chicken? lol.

It's CNK, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad.

Not a bad back line. Just wouldn't have Kata over Aysh as I thought Ayshford was more reliable last year.

Haha come on mate, a simple error that I thought most would have let go...its good to see there are still grammar police around :joy:
Yeah I'm not too fussed who plays inside Fus as long as they get the message to give him as much ball as possible, so Ayshford would be a much better fit.
Not that it will happen anyways, because Kearny will probably have Maumalo with Kata inside him :thinking:

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I look at our forward pack now and I think we could do with a Dave Taylor who's probably more robust then most of our current pack. Not only is he a visual and actual handful giving whoever he plays for consistent go forward, but he's also able to play prop or 2nd row and loves to offload.

I'd put Taylor on the bench and bring him on for our right side as an impact player. Johnson would love to run off a powerful very capable off-loader like Taylor. Also Johnson likes to hit the 2nd row coming in on the unders line during the block play, as we seen him do with Thompson, imagine TAYLOR being the recipient. Like Papalii, he's a hard man to stop 5 metres out and a real force to have when setting up mismatches.

playdaball

Bench
The Dave Taylor video tribute doesn’t include his recent times at the Titans and the Raiders. I saw him at Mt Smart last year and he is a big unit. He won’t end up at the Warriors but I’d love to see the club take a punt on him.

Latest posts