What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bryce Cartwright gone

mxlegend99

Referee
Hopefully we use some of this money to bring in another backline player and use the rest to keep mansour, cleary etc. If this doesnt happen then it was a stupid decision to let him go. Penrith have to look after Penrith and stop doing what is right for everyone else
Someone mentioned Nikorima after being sacked by Roosters.

He could be a good depth option.

martielang

Bench
His defence certainly isnt as good as the Gus groupies.

Releases 30% of his top 25 squad early in 2017. Signs one top 25 quality player. His groupies are still talking it up like its a good thing.

MX, seriously, are you a 16 year old girl? Meowwww.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I was struggling to see Bryce in our top 17, when everyone is fit.

Rocks n Diamonds old Cartwright. To many Rocks for my liking.

Hopefully this means a starting spot for Kikau. Who from all accounts is training the house down.

franklin2323

Immortal
The real question is if we plan to sign anyone to replace him. A backup half or centre/winger would be nice. Or a decent front rower.

Or are we just promoting another guy to replace him? I feel we need to balance our top 30 a bit.

This is it for me. Having to release Bryce is one thing. Adequately replacing him is another

franklin2323

Immortal
GC will have so much issues in defence. Lee, Latu, their halves and of course Bryce. Being a nice guy only gets you so far

mxlegend99

Referee
GC will have so much issues in defence. Lee, Latu, their halves and of course Bryce. Being a nice guy only gets you so far
Meanwhile RCG. Maloney. Peachey. CHN etc. Are defensive beasts.

Dead set. The f**king bias shown toward players in our jersey is a joke. I love our club as much as anyone. But a player is not automatically better if he wears our jersey and worse when he doesnt.

Why not judge them all on the same scale?

franklin2323

Immortal
Sounds like someone is really going to be ecstatic to see Brennan fail. Is "nice guy" your new go-to insult?

Not at all but how many times would he of had to tell a player he is out of FG? Or bag a players performance? That is the stuff head coaches do that assistants/lower grade coaches don't.

Bellamy, Robinson, MaGuire, Bennett etc all have mean sides. Which all good coaches need not sure Hook has that side either. Seems more like an arrogant tool then hard ass

franklin2323

Immortal
Meanwhile RCG. Maloney. Peachey. CHN etc. Are defensive beasts.

Dead set. The f**king bias shown toward players in our jersey is a joke. I love our club as much as anyone. But a player is not automatically better if he wears our jersey and worse when he doesnt.

Why not judge them all on the same scale?

Never said we were a good defending team either. Of those guys though 2/4 I'd have off the bench. A vast different then a left side of say Copley, Lee, Elgey, Bryce and Latu

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Not at all but how many times would he of had to tell a player he is out of FG? Or bag a players performance? That is the stuff head coaches do that assistants/lower grade coaches don't.

Bellamy, Robinson, MaGuire, Bennett etc all have mean sides. Which all good coaches need not sure Hook has that side either. Seems more like an arrogant tool then hard ass

I mean, I agree that Brennan is in no way a guaranteed success at all. He may well fail - a lot of coaches do. But it's just the glee with which you are talking up the Titans potential failings is odd. I hope he goes well because he deserves his shot, though not so well that they do better than us, of course.

franklin2323

Immortal
I mean, I agree that Brennan is in no way a guaranteed success at all. He may well fail - a lot of coaches do. But it's just the glee with which you are talking up the Titans potential failings is odd. I hope he goes well because he deserves his shot, though not so well that they do better than us, of course.

I wish them well. I still will have a soft side more so than those wankers in Maroon. Good teams will attack their left side hell even Hurrell can't defend. Though that said they beat plenty of good teams last season

mxlegend99

Referee
He hasn't coached a FG game. How do you say he is good? He has potential and spoken of highly but so has many other players and coaches in the past
Clearly our players rate him more than they do Griffin.

The telling fact is no player has ever followed Griffin to Panthers. Yet Barrett and Brennan had multiple players follow them. Cleary has players wanting to follow him.

I expect Brennan will need atleast a season to rebuild Titans. But he was the better choice for us. Gus didnt even give anyone else a chance.hedecides the job is Hooks without interviewing anyone.

One things certain. Players wouldnt be leaving because of the coach under Brennan.

Latest posts