What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bryce Cartwright gone

franklin2323

Immortal
Guarantees their futures until a better option comes along.

These guys loved the club and their teammates. Staying put doesnt mean you like the coach. There's more reasons to stay at a club than leave one normally.

Edit
And both players re-signed before Hook did. Thry didnt agree to 5 year contracts knowing he would be their coach for all 5 years.

No both Moylan and Cartwright extended for 2 more years in Sept last year. Still had 3 left if he was bad why re-sign so soon?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I live in the country which often doesn't have such things as Gould interview on their news. What was said, a run down please ?

mxlegend99

Referee
No both Moylan and Cartwright extended for 2 more years in Sept last year. Still had 3 left if he was bad why re-sign so soon?
They extended in September 2016.
Hook re-signed in October 2017.
Moylan released November 2017.
Cartwright released just now.

In 2 years as coach Hook has moved on 20+ players. And more than 10 who were contracted still. Theres many reasons for why they left... but at the end of the day the common denominator they had was Hook/Gus.

franklin2323

Immortal
They extended in September 2016.
Hook re-signed in October 2017.
Moylan released November 2017.
Cartwright released just now.

In 2 years as coach Hook has moved on 20+ players. And more than 10 who were contracted still. Theres many reasons for why they left... but at the end of the day the common denominator they had was Hook/Gus.

They had 3 years left under hook anyway. Why re sign and risk another 2? Your theory makes no sense.

Wouldn't you not re-sign if you wanted to coach gone? It has more pressure that way

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Give us the run down if you can please

According to Gould this was on the agenda since the personal issues arose during late 2016 and sadly split over into 2017 which of course sadly resulted in his ex's death.

With all of this (hanging around like a bad smell, my words not Gould's) Bryce has decided he needed a fresh start (not unlike what Brandy did after his brother's death, this analody is mine not Gould's) I could sense in Gould's words that he needed to get away from the Ghosts that are dodging him down in Penrith.

It has been months in the making, with Bryce toing and foring about leaving. Just recently was asked whether he had decided to move on or not, and this is the result.

Doing this time Bryce had been in communication with Garth to whom he is very close to.

Gould spoke fondly about Bryce and hopes that will return in the future.

A very sad situation: Leads back to the rumours that have been floating around.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
They had 3 years left under hook anyway. Why re sign and risk another 2? Your theory makes no sense.

Wouldn't you not re-sign if you wanted to coach gone? It has more pressure that way
How did they have 3 years left under a coach who only had 2 years left?

Both were gone not long after his extension. Their extensions didnt add any time under Hook until he was extended.

Karnivayne

Juniors
Players leaving or being forced out, whatever reason, it is going to have a long term effect on the club. Its not how we perform in the next 10 years, its the supporter base for the future. In the last 5/6 years my children's favourite player has gone from, Gordon to Lewis, Lewis to Jennings, Jennings to Soward Soward to Segeyaro, Segeyaro to Moylan now Moylan to Cleary... How are kids supposed to build a trusting relationship with the club when the club are a bunch of deceitful, unloyal pricks.. How can they build a lifetime bond with a club if they dont have heros in the club?? I try and push my kids to support Penrith but honestly it doesnt even seem worth it the way things are going.

For the first time in years i havent bought a membership, i dont feel like wasting 5-600 dollars on an organisation that i have no faith will keep the same playing group together or maybe even one day sign a top quality player, all the angst isnt just the Cartwright release its the 10-15 guys prior.

The tactics/coach are pathetic, retention is disgusting, game day is boring, seriously what is there to look forward to.....

Panther Pete

Juniors
Give us the run down if you can please
Gus said Cartwright had been thinking about moving on for a few months and it got to the point Gus had to get him to make a decision but he will be welcomed back. They also asked him about Moylan leaving and Gus just said if someone had of suggested 18 months ago both Moylan and Cartwright would be gone he would have thought there was no way.

Nothing to do with the Gus interview but I have it from the most reliable source that although Moylan had issues, the main factor he left was coach related. Furthermore the rumours about TMM were 100% rubbish, he left because the coach didn't get on with him.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Players leaving or being forced out, whatever reason, it is going to have a long term effect on the club. Its not how we perform in the next 10 years, its the supporter base for the future. In the last 5/6 years my children's favourite player has gone from, Gordon to Lewis, Lewis to Jennings, Jennings to Soward Soward to Segeyaro, Segeyaro to Moylan now Moylan to Cleary... How are kids supposed to build a trusting relationship with the club when the club are a bunch of deceitful, unloyal pricks.. How can they build a lifetime bond with a club if they dont have heros in the club?? I try and push my kids to support Penrith but honestly it doesnt even seem worth it the way things are going.

For the first time in years i havent bought a membership, i dont feel like wasting 5-600 dollars on an organisation that i have no faith will keep the same playing group together or maybe even one day sign a top quality player, all the angst isnt just the Cartwright release its the 10-15 guys prior.

The tactics/coach are pathetic, retention is disgusting, game day is boring, seriously what is there to look forward to.....

I disagree folks follow winners. They are folks (and plently of them that have an NRL jersey for every team in the NRL) I know it's a slight enhanced of the truth: If Panthers have a good year the crowds will follow.

Memberships are up for this year: it's because over the last 4 years we've been in the finals every year except 2015.

Children and adults alike follow teams that win. (only place where this isn't the case is Newcastle) where they follow because of the John's years of success.

franklin2323

Immortal
How did they have 3 years left under a coach who only had 2 years left?

Both were gone not long after his extension. Their extensions didnt add any time under Hook until he was extended.

He would of been off contract after this year without the re-signing. Why re-sign to play under a coach you don't like?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    112.8 KB · Views: 11

ACTPanthers

Bench
He would of been off contract after this year without the re-signing. Why re-sign to play under a coach you don't like?

Probably because you can leave whenever you want anyway, regardless of what contract you sign... It doesn't matter who signed what, when or for how long - Contracts mean absolutely nothing, to club or player.

franklin2323

Immortal
Probably because you can leave whenever you want anyway, regardless of what contract you sign... It doesn't matter who signed what, when or for how long - Contracts mean absolutely nothing, to club or player.

This is true. Though more likely is people on here don't know shit. Just take the chance to pin everything on the coach