What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How did you select your team to support

nick87

Coach
Grew up in Penrith, mum was a panthers fan, dad was an old school dogs fan... i was a petulant little pissant who wanted to annoy them both off and green was my favourite colour

OldPanther

Coach
Going through school in the 80’s Brandy(& Tim Brasher & Phil Blake)are etched in my memory as superstars. I’m not sure why but amongst my footy mates in class they were the go to players that were talked about a lot.

I'm not surprised. Looking back it really was a great time for football. So many players I'd still race to get an autograph from now.

Shorty

Staff member
"select"?

I am from Newcastle. If you are from Newcastle and don't support the Knights, you are human garbage.
I feel this way about people from NQ who support the Broncos or Storm.
I'm from the Ville so I was always going to be a North Queensland supporter.
Before them, I liked watching the Bears (was very young).

SBD82

Coach
I feel this way about people from NQ who support the Broncos or Storm.
I'm from the Ville so I was always going to be a North Queensland supporter.
Before them, I liked watching the Bears (was very young).
Holy shit shorty.

I only ever use this forum on my phone and the avatars are tiny.

I always thought that was gal holding up the trophy in your avatar. I thought you were a sharks fan.

I'm so so so so so very sorry. I feel like a downright merkin.

Canard

Immortal
Grew up in Penrith, mum was a panthers fan, dad was an old school dogs fan... i was a petulant little pissant who wanted to annoy them both off and green was my favourite colour

There was a dickhead here, years ago,that claimed he stopped being a Raiders fan when they changed the shade of green on their jerseys

beave

Coach
There was a dickhead here, years ago,that claimed he stopped being a Raiders fan when they changed the shade of green on their jerseys

If you stopped supporting your team if they change to a shit jersey, I would have stopped being an NQ fan after 2 years.......

Stallion

First Grade
If you stopped supporting your team if they change to a shit jersey, I would have stopped being an NQ fan after 2 years.......

Yes. Complain to the club or they will work it out through their pocket in poor jumper sales. However I will say that I was attracted to the Roosters as a young kid by their jumper. So it does matter in so far as gaining new fans go!

Knight76

Juniors
Started out as a Souths fan, I respected what they were about back then. No compromising tough play. Back when Mario and Les Davidson were in the team.

When Newcastle got admitted to the league there was no option but to support them and leave Souths behind. I'm born in Newcastle, nuff said!

The Knights played a brand of football much like Souths, hard football, we may not win the game, but teams who visited went away worse for wear. Many struggled the week after playing us.

Last edited: