What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

I actually can't cop this forum anymore. (Not a shot at you Gronk). I can't see it improving, maybe it's just the off-season but it's changed and it isn't for the better.
I think I get what you're saying but then again maybe not? When I joined the forums many years ago, it was impossible to get a word from anyone. It was an extremely insular environment and i spose in some ways still is but much improved now IMO and that is coming from someone who is getting more and more jaded with humanity as I get older.
It seems to me that people nowadays have nothing but disdain for any belief that differs to their own and absolutely will mock or shun you if you aren't in the clique of their way of thinking. This can happen from any side of any social, moral, religious, economic or political divide and it's the very reason I try to not get involved in arguments about these things as what is right for you (not you) may not be right for me (someone else).
We all like to be knowitalls and I'm just as guilty as anyone. We live in a world where words like "freedom" and "democracy" are thrown around like plates at a Greek wedding.
The western world (for the most part) operates on a 2 party preferred system. That system is the root of the divide I have listed above. It's a divide and conquer system that will never conquer anything but the people it's designed to represent. This will never change until political parties and religions as we know them are outlawed and independence is encouraged on those 2 levels.
This is just my free thought opinion. Crucify me if you must. Cheers merkins.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Men and women fall in and out of love (and lust) when they do. It's not something a passionate person can control. You don't know what is going on in any given relationship unless it is your own , and even then you may still be miffed about that. IMO only an atomic turd would stay in a toxic , loveless or lustless relationship for the sake of piety or morality.
It's called loyalty you f**king child.

Don't you know any men or women Pou who havn't traded up or down for any of the reasons that any statistical analysis could provide? Just because you aren't contemplating it ATM, doesn't mean that anyone else who ever did didn't have a valid reason for doing so. I would have thought if there was anyone on this site who knew that, it'd be you.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Men and women fall in and out of love (and lust) when they do. It's not something a passionate person can control. You don't know what is going on in any given relationship unless it is your own , and even then you may still be miffed about that. IMO only an atomic turd would stay in a toxic , loveless or lustless relationship for the sake of piety or morality.
upload_2018-2-14_2-54-55.jpeg

Don't you know any men or women Pou who havn't traded up or down for any of the reasons that any statistical analysis could provide? Just because you aren't contemplating it ATM, doesn't mean that anyone else who ever did didn't have a valid reason for doing so. I would have thought if there was anyone on this site who knew that, it'd be you.

Women engage in hypergamy all the time. Their ability to do so successfully, however, decreases after having children.

Men don't get to do it, because it is the women who do the selection. So, basically, a man only gets to trade up if he is chosen by a higher status female and that will usually only happen if he himself has experienced a rise in the dominance hierarchy.

Still, I agree with Pou. Once you've signed on the dotted line, that's it. You've sworn the vow, now stick to it. Divorces undoubtedly reduce favourable results in the children across a swathe of areas, so suck it up, bucko.

Gronk

Staff member
You really trust people from Goldman Sachs? For every article that says they will be zero there is ten that says they will be US$50 to US$100K. Nobody knows exactly but zero it will not be. They are secretly buying bitcoin just like the other doomsdayers to profit at a later date.

I actually can't cop this forum anymore. (Not a shot at you Gronk). I can't see it improving, maybe it's just the off-season but it's changed and it isn't for the better.

Goldman Sachs are not Robinson Crusoe when it comes to crypto. You must acknowledge that your opinion of these matters fall in the minority.

Anyways, I hope this does not upset you further, but your quote - mate !

They are secretly buying bitcoin just like the other doomsdayers to profit at a later date.

00669E68-9F9A-4C7C-9192-0B16CDA90180.jpeg

hindy111

Post Whore

Agree love comes and goes but cheating is almos t like hedging bets....

hindy111

Post Whore
Women engage in hypergamy all the time. Their ability to do so successfully, however, decreases after having children.

Men don't get to do it, because it is the women who do the selection. So, basically, a man only gets to trade up if he is chosen by a higher status female and that will usually only happen if he himself has experienced a rise in the dominance hierarchy.

Still, I agree with Pou. Once you've signed on the dotted line, that's it. You've sworn the vow, now stick to it. Divorces undoubtedly reduce favourable results in the children across a swathe of areas, so suck it up, bucko.

Interesting stat when a marriage breaks up that if the female choses to leave 75% of time she has found a mate already and tested him out.
While when the male leaves the percentage is extremely small that he already has another relationship to settle into.
I dated a physcologist who was telling me these stats. She was saying it is kind of funny men get the bad wraps when comes to divorces but women are a lot more sneakie about it if decide to leave.

Gronk

Staff member
I don't think that humans are black and white and relationships amongst merkins, crazy.
freakout.gif

[Edit: ^^^ ok maybe that didn't come out right. Not B&W in the race way merkns]

Whilst I don't condone what Barnaby has done (if what is reported in the unreliable agenda driven Telecrap is true) there are many marriages that exist on paper only and with grown up daughters, it may well have been on it's last legs anyway.

Just saying that merkins are quick to judge on matters of the heart.

Having said that, Barnaby is a massive hypocrite by recently playing the sanctity of marriage card during the SSM debate and last year suggesting that young girls would be encouraged to be promiscuous if they were inoculated against the virus which caused cervical cancer. Yes he may have been playing politics and pandering to his old fart electorate, but these things always find a way to come back and bite you.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Interesting stat when a marriage breaks up that if the female choses to leave 75% of time she has found a mate already and tested him out.
While when the male leaves the percentage is extremely small that he already has another relationship to settle into.
I dated a physcologist who was telling me these stats. She was saying it is kind of funny men get the bad wraps when comes to divorces but women are a lot more sneakie about it if decide to leave.
How often does a man have an alternative when he decides to pull the pin?

Gronk

Staff member

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I don't think that humans are black and white and relationships amongst merkins, crazy.
freakout.gif

[Edit: ^^^ ok maybe that didn't come out right. Not B&W in the race way merkns]

Whilst I don't condone what Barnaby has done (if what is reported in the unreliable agenda driven Telecrap is true) there are many marriages that exist on paper only and with grown up daughters, it may well have been on it's last legs anyway.

Just saying that merkins are quick to judge on matters of the heart.

Having said that, Barnaby is a massive hypocrite by recently playing the sanctity of marriage card during the SSM debate and last year suggesting that young girls would be encouraged to be promiscuous if they were inoculated against the virus which caused cervical cancer. Yes he may have been playing politics and pandering to his old fart electorate, but these things always find a way to come back and bite you.
Racist.

Latest posts