What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Take a look at how well the grey, yellow and navy combination has been presented on Matt Scott's training top as opposed to the all navy jersey and shorts. That training top has the perfect ratio of the 3 colours and cannot be mistaken for anything other then NQLD. Their last couple of jerseys have not embraced this.
View attachment 17635

Its depressing when clubs take more care designing the training gear than they do with the jumpers.

Its is even more depressing when the club cannot even agree with itself on the club colours....

hellteam

First Grade
Without changing the design and just re-arranging colours improves the jerseys making it look more recognisable asa a NQLD jersey

View attachment 17690

The grey horn around the upper chest just completely ruins that jersey for me.

If it's gone the jerseys would look a lot better. Only problem is they're pretty much the only grey in the jersey. The home might look a bit better if the horns were grey

Seems the Cowboys targeted these designs at kids, surely adults wouldn't wear them.

beagle

Juniors
Would be ideal but the supporter's jerseys would look odd without the number. Ideally the NRL numbers wouldn't have a transparent section for the inner keyline but it looks like they have done so to reduce the number of variations they have to make. Unfortunately we're probably stuck with those numbers for a while yet. Wish they went with a single keyline and a blockier font instead.

It looks like a supporters jersey worn by the Manly player in that picture. It looks looser in fit and the players jerseys have a space for the number.

Last edited:

beave

Coach
If only we could get someone to design a jersey that has a great mix of colour proportioning, sponsorship integration, older school charm and instantly recognisable as an NQ jersey.

3_NQC_Retro1.jpg

Oh wait.

jim_57

Staff member
If only we could get someone to design a jersey that has a great mix of colour proportioning, sponsorship integration, older school charm and instantly recognisable as an NQ jersey.

3_NQC_Retro1.jpg

Oh wait.

I haven't bought a jersey for a couple years, grand final jersey last and before that a few years ago I bought the heritage jersey similar to this. My girlfriend hinted at buying last year's as a gift, I put that idea on hold hoping they'd improve this year... I may be waiting a while.

I know it'd probably be illegal but I'd totally put in for 1 of those from a dodgy batch someone got made up. Better yet Cowboys could use it as their jersey and use the gimmick stuff for an "alternate" to sell to the kids and wear once a year.

M2D2

Bench
And ill say once again, that jersey is nowhere near bad compared to alot of other teams 'shit' jerseys they have had over the years.
If thats as bad as it gets for you, you are doing well.

GAZF

First Grade

3_NQC_Retro1.jpg

Oh wait.
Its a better design than their new one but the sponsor integration would be terrible with this design. The striping needs simplification and the colour balance makes it hard to make an adequately contrasting away design. Great for a heritage design but it has its own pitfalls if it were to be used as a regular design these days.

I think the Cowboys were reasonably close to the mark with their 2016-17 set. The striping was a bit odd but the all navy look for the home and grey look for the away looked pretty good. Its all fallen into a shitheap this year unfortunately.

gzerounian

Juniors
Its one of their better looks to be honest. So good that the GC used that style too, then Souths.
Its funny how we positively reflect on some super league jersey designs 20 years on. This one probably needs more grey on the sleeves somewhere.

beave

Coach
Its a better design than their new one but the sponsor integration would be terrible with this design. The striping needs simplification and the colour balance makes it hard to make an adequately contrasting away design. Great for a heritage design but it has its own pitfalls if it were to be used as a regular design these days.

I think the Cowboys were reasonably close to the mark with their 2016-17 set. The striping was a bit odd but the all navy look for the home and grey look for the away looked pretty good. Its all fallen into a shitheap this year unfortunately.

For an away, they could just do something completley different every year to drive merch sales, i know what you mean by inversing that jersey doesnt really change it all that much but thats fine, just keep it for home. Your sponsor integration is much more pleasing to the eye, the current version as with the last 3 jerseys the toyots logo is just too big.

GAZF

First Grade
For an away, they could just do something completley different every year to drive merch sales, i know what you mean by inversing that jersey doesnt really change it all that much but thats fine, just keep it for home. Your sponsor integration is much more pleasing to the eye, the current version as with the last 3 jerseys the toyots logo is just too big.

I doubt they'll be shrinking that logo anytime soon. If there was ever a jersey to use the horizontal lockup, its this year's one.

flippikat

Bench
Its funny how we positively reflect on some super league jersey designs 20 years on. This one probably needs more grey on the sleeves somewhere.

To be fair, the Cowboys SL jersey was the best of the bunch (imo). The rest were rubbish, apart from Reds, Sharks & Bulldogs which had their flaws, but were still sort-of ok.

The Cowboys SL jersey is probably my second fave of theirs (after the 1995 original jersey), but I think it benefits in the rankings due to the horrible series of designs they've had since 2000.. there's not much competition!

flippikat

Bench
Its one of their better looks to be honest. So good that the GC used that style too, then Souths.

The Roosters used a striped V too (white jersey with striped red/navy V).

I think I remember it being used for the league sevens (not any regular season matches).. but wouldn't that have been early-mid 1990s?

Anyway, I'm a huge fan of the striped V, would make a great alternate/away for some team.. *cough*Souths*cough* ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.