What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amazing win

Tiger Ted

Bench
I’m actually starting to question where the f**k does Reynolds fit in when he comes
Back

Benji has been immense. Brooks has been the perfect foil
Been thinking the same thing.In an ideal world Reynolds would play hooker.

It’s looking like the best fit for us re spine is : 1 Thompson
6 prodigal son. 7 Brooks
9 Reynolds/Liddle

The bonus for us & pleasant surprise has been Benji’s measured game management.No doubt the temperamental taskmaster Wayne Bennett deserves credit.

Had we not got the late try it still would've been a top performance. If you defend like we did tonight then it's hard to be critical of the boys if they lose a game. 2 games in and 2 big scalps, once we get our attack clicking we will be a tough side to beat if we can maintain this level in defence. Long way to go, but hats off to Ivan Cleary.

OldPanther

Coach
Good win Catbros. Honeslty didn't see it coming and it's my one tip this week I was happy to lose.

Wonder what happens with Jeynolds.

You're going to have a big year. See you in the GF Haha.

Benji is our first choice half IMO.

Brooks has improved over the two games and while the team is winning you don't want to f**k up the Chi.

Reynolds will wear the 14 I'd wager.

super_coach

First Grade
You wonder what Gus was thinking when he showed IC the door at Penrith. He is just amazing coach when you think what he has at his disposal. Team of no big names and training facilities that would not be out of place in a third world country

Clifferd

Coach
You wonder what Gus was thinking when he showed IC the door at Penrith. He is just amazing coach when you think what he has at his disposal. Team of no big names and training facilities that would not be out of place in a third world country

IC is up there. If he gets our team into the 8 he’s my pick for coach of the year

What a man

Tiger05

First Grade
It’s harder to do the 3/2/1 this week then last.

If I had to give a man of the match I’d honestly give it to Lawrence. His defence was top notch, had some good runs and put in the grubber that got us the repeat set we scored from

How good was Lawrence. That kick he put in was class.. His tackle on Slater was awesome and the runs with power and speed that he came up with were awesome.

A champion effort.

It is so hard to give a 3, 2, 1 because the whole team were great. ET tackled everything that moved. Eisenhuth just kept going forward. Thompson was safe. Nofo killed them out there. Heaps of great performances. I think Packer and Matulino played big as well especially Matulino. I'm starting to really like Mats. He seems like a quiet guy who goes out there and plays hard.

Front-Rower

First Grade
The last two weeks remind me of the first two semis in 2005. Amazing defence where we just didn’t hang on, but belted and hit extremely hard time and time again.

Having Mautalino and Packer is such a joy after putting up with stay puft and his creamy crusaders for so long.

super_coach

First Grade
How good was Lawrence. That kick he put in was class.. His tackle on Slater was awesome and the runs with power and speed that he came up with were awesome.

A champion effort.

It is so hard to give a 3, 2, 1 because the whole team were great. ET tackled everything that moved. Eisenhuth just kept going forward. Thompson was safe. Nofo killed them out there. Heaps of great performances. I think Packer and Matulino played big as well especially Matulino. I'm starting to really like Mats. He seems like a quiet guy who goes out there and plays hard.

I said to my mate Lawrence and Taylor were the best of a very very good team effort

Shredder

Juniors
We just need to keep up this intensity all year - and if we keep winning and do OK with injuries, I think we will.

It also helps that pretty much everyone is fighting for their spot every week.

Ahhhh depth....

:)

stryker

First Grade
I think you had the entire rugby league world on your side last night. Even with the refs obviously doing their absolute best to gift Storm the win,Tigers still pulled through. GREAT win, well done.
Rugby league fans are usualy united when they see injustice. Those refs last night were affecting the result as they have done in many games over the years when a premiere side is being pushed by a cellar dweller. The game needs equality so that every result can go either way, generating more interest in the product and greater ratings, which leads to more revenue and expansion. The NRL needs to address the perception that the refs are following a script. The evidence is starting to mount.

Tigerm

First Grade
Positives

- Defence
- Win the forward battle twice against good packs.
- the spirit in the joint can feel it.
- just overcoming all the pre match bullshit for both games with Cronk/Tedasco, Slater/Smith jizz fests from past players commentators that also have given our team no respect now along with a farce of a second half tonight.
To be fair we haven't deserved any respect (as a team and club) for quite a while, still amazed IC come on board.

I’m actually starting to question where the f**k does Reynolds fit in when he comes
Back

Benji has been immense. Brooks has been the perfect foil
B
een thinking the same thing.In an ideal world Reynolds would play hooker.

It’s looking like the best fit for us re spine is : 1 Thompson
6 prodigal son. 7 Brooks
9 Reynolds/Liddle

The bonus for us & pleasant surprise has been Benji’s measured game management.No doubt the temperamental taskmaster Wayne Bennett deserves credit.

I posted this on the game thread:

I never watch the Ch9 footy show but today I did (want to hear what all the experts have to say).

Fitler said that Reynolds will come back as a bench player who can come on as a dummy half. Didn't think about that as just assumed it would be Reynolds at 5/8 and Benji as a reserve, well now with that thought, Benji to keep playing the backs leader and Reynolds to come on and relieve the 9 and lift the team in his own way. Still have him as playing as a 6 or 7 if required and naturally in the 9 role, that's not bad.

That win was absolutely amazing. The refs got the storm out their end with a penalty almost every set and absolutely did their best to hand them the game including that diabolical sin bin. An early pick for next years oscars.

Played our guts out for each other. All we've ever wanted is a team to be proud of. Well I'm feeling bloody proud today.

Tiger05

First Grade
To be fair we haven't deserved any respect (as a team and club) for quite a while, still amazed IC come on board.

I've always said we have no problems attracting a quality coach because we are a first grade rugby league team with a tonne of potential.

The problem is that we choose poorly when we bought on JT. I think Potter was hard done by.

We did though make a great decision last season in sacking JT and bringing in IC.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I've always said we have no problems attracting a quality coach because we are a first grade rugby league team with a tonne of potential.

The problem is that we choose poorly when we bought on JT. I think Potter was hard done by.

We did though make a great decision last season in sacking JT and bringing in IC.
The very repulsive Taylor came in on a platform of concentrating on fixing our amateurish defence & it regressed under the imbecile.The useless morons who recruited this pissant obviously didn’t give him the coaching job based on merit & this consequently led to our downwards spiral.

Thank goodness for IC.Theres been noticeable improvement from the moment he joined the club & after one full off season he has swiftly made us a force to b reckoned with.

We're just fortunate that Ivan came in at a time where he could name his price (even though we were the only open job at the time coaches are forever being replaced now so wouldn't have waited for long,) and had the opportunity to unlock the entire salary cap which verily he did. We could have easily missed on him to the Dogs once it became apparent that Dessy was on the nose and we stuck it out with Taylor.