What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 2 vs Storm @ AAMI Park

Who will win? Round 2: Storm v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

super_coach

First Grade
Egg on my face to weeks in a row. I basically thought no team could restrict the Storm to under 18 points and I thought we dont have 18 points in us.

Well once again wrong, can not remember a better D effort, they hit hard, they hit in numbers and they got up in their faces all night. The turn around in some players is amazing. Okay early days, but when Liddle comes back and combinations start to gel the attack will become much better.

I basically thought if we won two out of our first 8 we would be lucky, so every win in the next 6 weeeks is a bonus

Tiger Ted

Bench
Egg on my face to weeks in a row. I basically thought no team could restrict the Storm to under 18 points and I thought we dont have 18 points in us.

Well once again wrong, can not remember a better D effort, they hit hard, they hit in numbers and they got up in their faces all night. The turn around in some players is amazing. Okay early days, but when Liddle comes back and combinations start to gel the attack will become much better.

I basically thought if we won two out of our first 8 we would be lucky, so every win in the next 6 weeeks is a bonus
I’m stoked to b subjected to a tray of eggs after the team has joyously proven me massively wrong.

There’s no reason I want to have egg on face than Brooks proving me wrong & consistently playing like he did last nite.

I’m still pinching myself re that epic defensive effort & magnificent win against all odds.

Crazyperpman

Juniors
I don't think these types of wins are possible without Benji in the halves. He hinted more than ever that Reynolds would be hooker when he comes back and after an offseason of cringing whenever this was mentioned I have to agree now. In a group where the team is the star, Benji is the game manager/mentor.

If he played like this 10 years ago he would never have left and would have a grandstand named after him somewhere.

simmo05

Bench
I like how all the talk is about how the storms combos wernt clicking etc. We have an entirely new team and we lost our number 1 signing before round 1!

simmo05

Bench
They threw plenty at us, but we were good enough on the night. I dead set cant wait to see how we go with Reynolds, Fonua, and Liddle in the team. They should provide a bit of attacking spark we need. Imagine if we were up 12 nil against both teams instead of only 4 nil at half time

I never watch the Ch9 footy show but today I did (want to hear what all the experts have to say).

Fitler said that Reynolds will come back as a bench player who can come on as a dummy half. Didn't think about that as just assumed it would be Reynolds at 5/8 and Benji as a reserve, well now with that thought, Benji to keep playing the backs leader and Reynolds to come on and relieve the 9 and lift the team in his own way. Still have him as playing as a 6 or 7 if required and naturally in the 9 role, that's not bad.

I think as a mentor for the younger players you can't go pass the following in regards to Benji and what he is bringing to the club.

Wests Tigers veteran Benji Marshall has received widespread praise for ensuring his teammates cut short their victory celebrations to give 300-game Melbourne Storm legend Billy Slater a guard of honour.

Marshall was preparing to give a post-game interview for Fox Sports following his team's surprise 10-8 win over the Storm at AAMI Park when he noticed the Melbourne players were getting ready to give Slater a guard of honour as he walked off the ground.

Yelling out to his teammates over the other side of the field, Marshall told them to rush over to acknowledge Slater in his milestone match.

Past and former players have taken to social media to praise Marshall for his selfless act, including Monty Betham, David Mead and Jake Marketo, plus countless fans.

Benji might be a better player now than when he left. Back then he was unplayable at times but would make errors. Now he's a mature leader who can steer a team around the park and manage a game. If this is the new Benji we could easily get 2-3 seasons out of him. The fact he has kind of been in and out of first grade over the last 2-3 years will help his longevity. He also has a renewed spark to his game, like he belongs again. I haven't seen that since 2011-2012, well before he left the club.

Tiger05

First Grade
I think as a mentor for the younger players you can't go pass the following in regards to Benji and what he is bringing to the club.

He is a f**ken legend. I've always loved him. He is easily the best Wests Tigers player ever. Yes he acted a tiny little bit like a dickhead and he had trouble changing his game from flash to being a solid player but overall he has been great for our club.

Tiger Ted

Bench
He is a much more composed player now than when he left. We have got the improved version. The version that Sheens SHOULD have turned him into. Thanks Uncle Wayne.
No doubt Benji’s measured game management has Bennetts imprint on it.

Sheens converted Concord oval into a leisure centre & didn’t enforce specific kpi’s on the players.

Clifferd

Coach
No doubt Benji’s measured game management has Bennetts imprint on it.

Sheens converted Concord oval into a leisure centre & didn’t enforce specific kpi’s on the players.

How goods little mitchy going for Parra

His team is getting spanked & he’s nowhere to be sighted