What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When do we call time?

Bazal

Post Whore
It’s not the point Strides. Players are dropped for disciplinary/loss of from reasons. Just like Austin was at the raiders and come back better.

The Raiders had Ata Hingano to replace him, though.

Norman might have been dropped if we had a guy like Hingano waiting in the wings.

strider

Post Whore
It’s not the point Strides. Players are dropped for disciplinary/loss of from reasons. Just like Austin was at the raiders and come back better.
Mate i am definitely not a Norman fan ... i've never loved him, but he has had periods where he plays well .... i would happily turf him if we had a better option - but i dont believe we do

Avenger

Immortal
The Raiders had Ata Hingano to replace him, though.

Norman might have been dropped if we had a guy like Hingano waiting in the wings.
The point is that he should not have even been here before season kickoff for reasons I can’t post. But Arthur kept him. There would have been plenty of choices if he bit the bullet early.

Bazal

Post Whore
The point is that he should not have even been here before season kickoff for reasons I can’t post. But Arthur kept him. There would have been plenty of choices if he bit the bullet early.

Mate, tbh, the point keeps changing with every post...we get it, you hate the merkin.

Bazal

Post Whore
Happy now cry baby ?

I'm just amused that you think anyone believes your insinuations that you know what's going on.

400 posts and your most valuable is this one, correcting an error in one of your own posts.

That's gotta sting...

lingard

Coach
My opinion:

* We need a more reliable halves partner for Moses (Norman has regressed imo).

* We need a big-bodied prop to take the first runs of the sets, and skittle defenders; this makes it easier for other forwards to take runs afterwards.

Hooker...would be nice, but I think our current options are serviceable until blokes like Mahoney and Schneider are ready tbh.

Our number one priority would be finding a new 6, imo. I like Norman, but he's calling the shots took often, and he's failing out there.

I think it's contributing to Moses' inconsistency.

Not a popular opinion, I'm sure, but I'd go for:

6. Smith
7. Moses

Smith has some errors in him, but he always gives 100%, and he's a dangerous runner of the ball.

Plus, he wouldn't overlay his hand, and I think Moses works better as the dominant half.

Just my two cents.

This is definitely not a long-term solution, but I'd put Hayne at six. Did well there in the world cup; just played a steady game and set others up. I'm over Norman, too.

hindy111

Post Whore
It's not like our cap is f**ked for the next three years. Or we're getting flogged every week.

And the jennings hate is ridiculous.

Jennings used to be that guy who could go 100mtrs like Roberts . Now days he seems more a bulldozing type. His form drop from last year is huge. He seems sluggish and lazy.

hindy111

Post Whore
We have options at 6

Taka
Hayne
Gutherson

We DONT have a ball playing hooker or fullback. If we did id be happy with Gutherson or Taka there.

W.Smith is a squad player. Lets not kid ourself. And lets also not f**k a guy like Guthersons long term progress for this season. Its dusted. If Guthersons our long term fullback he stays there.

Norman has the skill. He needs forwards running straight and hard . When has no option he is making the right call to stop and turn back in. Would ypu rather him throw a hospital pass for sake of it? He reads the play well when there is a man open.....

Are you suggesting that the coach wouldn't know the value of each member of his squad relative to the cap? Surely not?
Not only would he know, he'd also have a fair idea of who is being paid too much and who could do with an upgrade and who is a bargain relative to his contribution to the squad be that as a star or a backup. What a nightmare it must be to balance all that in your mind.

Latest posts