What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magic Weekend 2019 - Suncorp

DC_fan

Coach
no
the NRL method

it'll be 3 .. events .. with a total attendance of 156K or whatever it ends up divided into the total season aggregate
not 400K plus

it should be 156K divided by 8 & some sites will report it this way & in my opinion it should be this way.

I suppose what does it matter how they work out the average when come the end of the season it is the aggregate figure that counts. Season average only comes into play when comparing figures for seasons that have a different number of games played.

My suggestion of 400K was how some here on this forum would like to work the figures.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The NRL media release now says "Round 10 in May" so it looks like it'll be 10-12 May.

Marlins

Juniors
Weren’t the original dates announced before next years super rugby draw? I didn’t see the dates on the New article on the NRL site.

beave

Coach
Danes summed it superbly.

The way they rolled over when the NSW gov reneged on the ANZ stadium deal was pathetic.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Superleague did this as they struggle badly to get crowds..

They are ranked maybe 6th in the UK for pro sports

We don't need to be this desperate ..

Dogs Of War

Coach
It’s just footy overkill. Double headers around the country would have had the same effect. Perth. Adelaide Melbourne and Auckland. I think two games in each city would have kicked arse.

Starkers

Bench
I like it. It will be a good template to take this type of event to Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne and Auckland/Wellington as well.

The NRL can use events like this to seed new clubs in other states and use the revenue gained from the respective state govts for development officers.

Brisbane is an easy way to start, see where it goes from there.

no name

Coach
Who's playing the last match? They'll be playing on top soil and sand
This would be one of the reasons why they announced the Broncos as being on Friday night.
I reckon the Titans, Newcastle and Canberra will be involved in the later games of the weekend. I would have said Manly too, but they were lucky enough to be chosen to face the Fridays.

T-Boon

Coach
It’s just footy overkill. Double headers around the country would have had the same effect. Perth. Adelaide Melbourne and Auckland. I think two games in each city would have kicked arse.

Double headers are a waste of time. They aren't really an event that the NRL can promote because then the other clubs get upset. There was one this season I didn't even know was on (maybe there was two now I think about it).
Since this magic round is everyone involved the NRL can promote it, Nine will promote it and the Queensland government will promote it as a big thing for Queensland.

beave

Coach
Double headers are a waste of time. They aren't really an event that the NRL can promote because then the other clubs get upset. There was one this season I didn't even know was on (maybe there was two now I think about it).
Since this magic round is everyone involved the NRL can promote it, Nine will promote it and the Queensland government will promote it as a big thing for Queensland.
You ‘think’ there was 2 double headers this year??

FMD, you are in the top 5 ‘LU Pot Plants’ for 2018 awards list, well done.

taxidriver

Coach
not sure if already mentioned but it's been done before

23rd April 1977: Canterbury 13 Souths 12. Penrith 19 Balmain 19.

24th April 1977: Parramattta 18-Wests 10. St George 25 Norths 8.

25th April 1977: Cronulaa 37 Newtown 10. Easts 20 Manly 0.

3 games played on a Sunday and 3 on the Anzac Tuesday all 6 at the SCG

44,507 on the Sunday to see:

Manly beat Parra 27-15
Balmain beat Wests 24-14
Canterbury beat Souths 24-10

On Anzac day 25,004 turned up to see:

Norths beat Newtown 16-5
Cronulla beat Penrith 35-9
Easts beat St.George 22-6

Latest posts