What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 v Titans

GongPanther

Referee
Didn't Peachey score 2 tries and give last pass for another last week? And he took the final bomb against Manly under pressure?

I still think it comes down to Peachey giving more variety in attack than DWZ - so we can apply our own pressure to Melbourne rather than just looking to mitigate and contain.
Against The Storm,I'd expect the bombing raid to be more pinpoint,and have more taller players contesting the ball much better than our past opponents.

It's a matter of risk management. And the body language of Peachy when he screws up suggests that if he remotely thinks he is going to have a bad day,he'll stink it up for the rest of the match.

BxTom

Bench
When we played Brisbane,that simply wasn't us. I'm going to base my logic on this being a new Panthers side. Sure,we sucked yesterday (Sat),but I was willing to forgive that even if we lost.

Now that we have that game out of our system,we can use the next few games to improve on what needs to be applied before we play the big guns.

I have a renewed fervor for our side. All they need is a chance to put it together,and the support from the fans.
Like you, I'll forgive yesterday. But if there is no obvious change in the way that we play, I will be querying some of what Gould says about Griffin (not that I trust Gould much about anything). I am not saying there were not problems with Griffin - there obviously were, but I am wondering how much Gus's interference with recruitment (Daz did say Griffin wanted Mcguire and Gus wanted Tamou), tactics, team selection etc are/were responsible for some if any of the problems

Abacus

Juniors
Against The Storm,I'd expect the bombing raid to be more pinpoint,and have more taller players contesting the ball much better than our past opponents.

It's a matter of risk management. And the body language of Peachy when he screws up suggests that if he remotely thinks he is going to have a bad day,he'll stink it up for the rest of the match.
Unlike DWZ? When he has a bad day he tends to really shit the bed. Usually saves them for the more important games too.

I'm still yet to see any significant reason to move DWZ to FB, bring in an inferior option on the wing and benching Peachey (I'm assuming you're not going to f**k with the centres in this master plan).

If Peachey is having a bad day, DWZ is a good back-up.

Dufmack

Juniors
I am trying to get my head around why we are the way we are, it obvious we have lost our groove in the middle of the park.

JFH, RCG and Yeo were axing any forward that got the ball during our patch of good form.
Wallace was keeping us stable as well.

Now opponents are getting quick play the balls that kills the up and in defence.

To many penalties against them because of the quick play the balls hurts and the extra space gives teams time to target Maloney.
Everyone is worried about Jimmy which in turn leaves us open to the inside pass away from him or teams going straight past him as we have seen since origin.

His bodyguards have been struggling to get back to save him from making one on one tackles because of the quick play the balls and offloads we are conceding.
so many tries have come directly from Maloneys defence that our whole defensive line is folding around him.
add the intercept pass that has become his trade mark and he can be blamed for a large portion of our bad form.

Maloney needs a break for a couple of games, bring him back for the storm match. He is busted, tired and struggling.

I am not anti Maloney and think we need him to get better, he just needs a refresher before the finals.
Absolutely right, not only is the defence and intercepts crippling our team, but he has struggled to come anywhere near making
up for any of it offensively. The problem is severe but not untreatable. The courage or lack Thereof we show by resting him or not will imo be the difference in us making an impact in the finals or not.

Put it down to “niggling injuries” and the media storm will
be nothing compared to what we’ve endured lately

mxlegend99

Referee
I have re-watched that clip numerous times. Without Jimmy being there, *it was a great pass set up at the right time too, we don't win that game.
Lets be honest. The game was on the line and literally any player* is going to spread it to the same guy. We get the ball to our edges and keep it alive. No matter who receives it.

Maloneys role in this was nothing more than a standard pass.

*Paul Gallen would take the hitup. But any OTHER player would pass it.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I have re-watched that clip numerous times. Without Jimmy being there, *it was a great pass set up at the right time too, we don't win that game.

By that rationale, we need to give May the real credit for the try, because if he hadn't have been there, the ball would have been played to no-one and the Titans would have fallen on it.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Lets be honest. The game was on the line and literally any player* is going to spread it to the same guy. We get the ball to our edges and keep it alive. No matter who receives it.

Maloneys role in this was nothing more than a standard pass.

*Paul Gallen would take the hitup. But any OTHER player would pass it.

I hear you. LOL

TheFrog

Coach
People not capable of giving credit where it is due. They are one-eyed, one dimensional supporters, all of them, and I am proud to disagree with them. If it were up to you lot, we would be chocolate for eternity. Maybe someone else would have thrown the ball, but he did it, no-one else, and with an injured knee too. He had a poor game, but he threw the ball that put Kikau in a gap and led to victory, and it was pinpoint. That is what he does.

This at least gives context to the very same people criticising Hook, equally unfairly.

OldPanther

Coach
People not capable of giving credit where it is due. They are one-eyed, one dimensional supporters, all of them, and I am proud to disagree with them. If it were up to you lot, we would be chocolate for eternity. Maybe someone else would have thrown the ball, but he did it, no-one else, and with an injured knee too. He had a poor game, but he threw the ball that put Kikau in a gap and led to victory, and it was pinpoint. That is what he does.

This at least gives context to the very same people criticising Hook, equally unfairly.

images (90).jpeg

BxTom

Bench
I've said so many and so have they. Sure people disagree on certain things like Griffin.

Also that pass from Maloney is pretty basic for an NRL player. The try was all Kikau onwards.
This is from the same people that are wetting their pants when Moylan passed the ball.