What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 coach

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Cleary? No. Has no idea how to coach attack in any shape or form.
Bennett? No. Too old. Lacks fire.
Barrett? Hahahahahahahahaha....

Please Ciraldo, be good.

OldPanther

Coach
I still think it’ll be Cleary.

Statement the other day was to quell the talk leading into a charge to the finals, they’ll come up with some BS statement in the off season that it’s the best thing for the Tigers & Cleary to part ways.

If the tigers win this weekend at worst they’ll only be 2 points outside the 8, if Brisbane lose then they might even be in the 8. They didn’t want the distraction.

On NRL 360 last night they said their mail was that Ivan will still come back. You could be right.

betcats

Referee
Hook got punted in part because he didn’t wanna use his support staff, Barrett left manly because he had no support staff....Jesus.

betcats

Referee
Out of all the current coaches besides Bellamy I think Nathan Brown would be the best. Newcastle is f**ked they have no forwards and yet they are 11th with a large chunk of their cap missing a lot of the season.

roofromoz

First Grade
Bennet's decision not to get a proper 7 and instead buy Bird is baffling. I wouldn't count him out but based on some of some of his decisions and the form of his team I'm very unconvinced he's still got it.

That and absolutely fking Newcastle up with his recruitment. But IF he comes keep him away from it.

martielang

Bench
I still think it’ll be Cleary.

Statement the other day was to quell the talk leading into a charge to the finals, they’ll come up with some BS statement in the off season that it’s the best thing for the Tigers & Cleary to part ways.

If the tigers win this weekend at worst they’ll only be 2 points outside the 8, if Brisbane lose then they might even be in the 8. They didn’t want the distraction.

Yep. Agreed.

I’d guess there is an agreement in place to wait till the off season to announce it. They probably also want to secure a coach to soften the blow before announcing Ivan’s departure.

OldPanther

Coach
As things stands now, our coach for 2019 will be either Ciraldo or Cleary.

I understand the club aren't considering any of the other options thrown up.

Interesting to hear the rumors are correct and Cleary is a valid option still.

I also called it a few days ago that they would be the only options. :)

Latest posts