What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 coach

franklin2323

Immortal
Bennett is certainly an improvement on Griffin, but im not convinced tbh - I think Wayne is past it now, it only would be a matter of time before Gus & Wayne come to blows and this circus starts all over again....

If both stay on the same page is good. What is clear from this circus is communication was poor

Panther Mick

Juniors
So if Ciraldo does well and is made head coach or he is keeping the seat warm for Ivan. In the short term what kind of assistant coach do we need next to him. (apart from Wal)
I am thinking we need someone with experience and a good background of defense.
Any names that anyone can come up with?

murraymob

Coach
well it appears Trent Barrett is available for next year .He has handed in his resignation but will see the year out

Panfa

Juniors
Im not sure if barrett and cartwright would like the idea of keeping the seat warm for cleary i reckon bennett wouldn't mind hes probably only got 2 yrs left in him

Sime_11

Juniors
I don’t mind Barrett but if sign him, that is a backward step for the club.... please let common sense prevail and pick someone else than Barrett....

kinghippo

Juniors
What is up with Manly?
Trent seems to have been doing a half decent job and he feels the club is that bad he quits.

He is not the man for our team, but those rumours have also been around for ages.

we can expect another circus shitstorm for the rest of the week, just what we don’t need.

mxlegend99

Referee
Im really worried Trent will be our coach... makes no sense to quit a head coaching job unless he had a new gig lined up.

Especially for an average young coach.

Sime_11

Juniors
Im really worried Trent will be our coach... makes no sense to quit a head coaching job unless he had a new gig lined up.

Especially for an average young coach.

id rather Ciraldo or Brennan brought back rather than Barrett....

maple_69

Bench
I’d nominate Madge as an assistant if we could bag him. Might be able to sort some of our discipline issues out.

As an unpopular conversation starter, I don’t think we should default to keeping Wall on as asssistant. Absolute legend of a bloke but this whole circus has been about us winning a premiership. If he isn’t the absolute best assistant we can put in place to contribute to winning a premiership we need to keep looking. By all means I think he has a hell of a lot to offer.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Cameron speaks well of Wal. To me he seems like a whole hearted kind of bloke. I's love him to stay. If Cameron is here for next 2 years I'd like at least one 'old hand' kind of assistant. Would Cartwright fit in or someone like that ?

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
Bennet's decision not to get a proper 7 and instead buy Bird is baffling. I wouldn't count him out but based on some of some of his decisions and the form of his team I'm very unconvinced he's still got it.

unKwn

Juniors
Bennet's decision not to get a proper 7 and instead buy Bird is baffling. I wouldn't count him out but based on some of some of his decisions and the form of his team I'm very unconvinced he's still got it.
that's why Gus would manage the cap and recruitment

unKwn

Juniors
plus, in just 2 years I don't think Bennett or Gould would do much recruitment in terms of the top 13. our lineup is there we just need someone to take it to a premiership

I still think it’ll be Cleary.

Statement the other day was to quell the talk leading into a charge to the finals, they’ll come up with some BS statement in the off season that it’s the best thing for the Tigers & Cleary to part ways.

If the tigers win this weekend at worst they’ll only be 2 points outside the 8, if Brisbane lose then they might even be in the 8. They didn’t want the distraction.