What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd4 2024: 4pm Eels v Tigers GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium Apr 1st

hindy111

Post Whore
That's not always true, but what is true is that we have not improved as a team under Arthur's coaching. We've just shuffled the deck boards throughout his tenure. We play no differently now to what we did 5 years, 6 after he took the job on board.
This is year 12 for him is it not?
Why would the f**king club, or any club for that matter give a coach 12 years without seeing any success?
Yes, stability is great, but lack of success is not.
We are here for one thing, and one thing only.
To win a premiership. Or 3 on the trot like Penrith have done.

It just makes me sad that with all the resources we have, including an amazing stadium and supporter base, we are truly such a basket case.

I'm just lucky that I was alive during the 80's and saw our premiership wins back then, because nothing that the way this club is run gives me any confidence that I'll see another one.
37 years ffs.

Well I am not that lucky. I was a toddler when we won. BA has one game plan. The side looked mentally tough to start the season but come week 4 they decided it was touch footy today.
You never see this at the Panthers or Storm. They may lose but not from lack of effort. We didn't want to play tough.

We are in a lot of trouble I feel and 2025 is going to be far worse. Rcg,Jnr,Lane,Matterson will all be in their 30s. Any or all will decline at anytime. It's a young man's game.

The recruiting has stunk it up for the last 3 yrs. I genuinely felt top 4 was a shot. I'm unsure about top 8 now.

Let's hope if we miss the finals we move BA on.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
This will please Hiney

it’s obvious that our depth in miserable, and that’s on recruitment.

But today we saw an experienced coach with a decent roster, lose to a first year coach with a much better game plan. Changing the starting line up which has worked well was borderline stupid, and how does a coach not get a message out to the players to stop crashballs and use it wider. Mind numbing plays inside the 20 just underlines the problem.This may end up being a large question mark on BAs future, and it’s time for the board to review that and the HOF position.

The review needs to be honest and not an endorsement of what has been going on for the last 5 years.

Reserve grade and Flegg are a wasteland and how that occurs in a club as big as Parra opens massive questions on those in charge.
one of us GIF

Welcome.

Soto

Bench
This will please Hiney

But today we saw an experienced coach with a decent roster, lose to a first year coach with a much better game plan. Changing the starting line up which has worked well was borderline stupid, and how does a coach not get a message out to the players to stop crashballs and use it wider. Mind numbing plays inside the 20 just underlines the problem.This may end up being a large question mark on BAs future, and it’s time for the board to review that and the HOF position.

The review needs to be honest and not an endorsement of what has been going on for the last 5 years.

Reserve grade and Flegg are a wasteland and how that occurs in a club as big as Parra opens massive questions on those in charge.
💯 mate...perfectly put

hindy111

Post Whore
This will please Hiney

Why would it please me? I support the Eels. You are salty because I do like seeing the PANTHERS going well. And 8yrs ago in 2017 I told everyone on here Panthers are building a powerhouse. Most ridiculed me and laughed. Ah look at the 5yr plan. Flapping their gums. We finished top 4 and limped out once again. Fast forward to 2024- Who's laughing? Who was right? While resident peanut was calling Natahn a Jeff Robson 2 clone.

I also support the need for a new coach and a fresh start. For better or worse it's time to roll the dice. BA has had more then his fair chance. Now f**k him off.

Eelogical

Referee
We did a pretty similar play last week, only it was Dylbags throwing the ball into touch instead of Paulo. It's like they have it in their heads we have some speed demon out wide on that left wing when last week it was Morgan Harper and this week it was Sivo.
Speaking of Sivo, they contained him well. Kudos to Benji's game plan and the players to execute it.

Parra Pride

Referee
This will please Hiney

The writing should have been on the wall already, this team got a few top four finishes under BA but it was quite clear we just couldn't seem to find a higher gear as a team to push for more than that. Without RCG willing us across the line we probably don't get to the crown jewel of BA's career, a GF appearance that went about as well as you'd expect it to. Still can't get over the fact he named his plod son on the bench along with Nathan Brown who apparently wasn't good enough all 2022 to crack a game, yet was somehow good enough to play in the Grand Final?

Parra Pride

Referee
Speaking of Sivo, they contained him well. Kudos to Benji's game plan and the players to execute it.
Benji must have actually watched some film and realised Sivo doesn't run the ball. They were more than happy for that pass to Sivo to go down and just slowly shuffle on over to cover for it. Meanwhile Tupou who is half his size seemed to be beating Russell and the Penis one on one like it was nothing on his kick returns.

Gronk

Staff member
So, yes we were garbage. I said at half time that they dragged us into a slow shitty game and that didn’t change in the second half.

We played like a team without their gun 7 and we are going to need to find a solution to that.

You can complain about this n that, but we don’t have a Yeo to steady the ship and direct the troops (his receipts on Friday was 41, equal to Luai). So dunno what the answer is. We missed Mitch and it’s prolly min 6 more games to go.

King-Gutho94

Coach
This will please Hiney

Bravo buddy

Welcome to the club the only thing BA is winning in this joint is he is not paying is his 2 off-springs can pay for themselves

The Predictor

Juniors
Sivo was extremely poor 3/10
Lane has been poor all year 4/10
Harpic 3/10
Tulagi 5/10
Unfortunately cupboard bare in outside backs so don't expect much improvement there. And NSW Cup woeful, can only play 60 mins.
Changing Lanes was in reverse all day, absolute 🐶 💩

PARRA_FAN

Coach
So, yes we were garbage. I said at half time that they dragged us into a slow shitty game and that didn’t change in the second half.

We played like a team without their gun 7 and we are going to need to find a solution to that.

You can complain about this n that, but we don’t have a Yeo to steady the ship and direct the troops (his receipts on Friday was 41, equal to Luai). So dunno what the answer is. We missed Mitch and it’s prolly min 6 more games to go.

The whole game plan needs to change, they needed to play it up the middle at lot with the offloads and without Moses every second player was trying to be a half back throwing silly balls and taking too many wrong options.

Their tries were scored off their halves and ours were set up by a fullback and lock forward.

Eelogical

Referee
Sivo was embarrassing. How many meters did he make? Charlie Staines outplayed him ffs
When he joined us I thought he was a great signing. However, he has regressed to the point of reserves or the open market. Let's face it, our back line has less fire than a box of Redheads.

1711960191890.jpeg

The Predictor

Juniors
Well I am not that lucky. I was a toddler when we won. BA has one game plan. The side looked mentally tough to start the season but come week 4 they decided it was touch footy today.
You never see this at the Panthers or Storm. They may lose but not from lack of effort. We didn't want to play tough.

We are in a lot of trouble I feel and 2025 is going to be far worse. Rcg,Jnr,Lane,Matterson will all be in their 30s. Any or all will decline at anytime. It's a young man's game.

The recruiting has stunk it up for the last 3 yrs. I genuinely felt top 4 was a shot. I'm unsure about top 8 now.

Let's hope if we miss the finals we move BA on.
Here come the late 80’s and early 90’s all over again , thank f**k I was 18 when we won our last comp, as opposed to 40 yr olds not having a pot to piss in, poor bastards

hindy111

Post Whore
Bravo buddy

Welcome to the club the only thing BA is winning in this joint is he is not paying is his 2 off-springs can pay for themselves

We have no real gears. Our defense is not brutal. We can't belt sides. We don't hit hard and drive backwards. We let them come to us. Sides create overlaps to easily.
That's our defense. Attack can be good but it's impatient. You can blame NO Moses but that's a cop out. We often do similar when he is there. We still have enough leaders like Gutherson,RCG,MATTO, Jnr.
Dylan Browns had plenty of time in the NRL also.
We had a 10-3 penalty count at home and them down to 12 men. They are not a top 5 side. No excuses. That was a terrible loss