What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 4 vs Parramatta @ CommBank Stadium, Parramatta / Burramattagal

Who will win? Round 4: Parramatta v Wests Tigers

• Parramatta Eels 13+

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Parramatta Eels 1-12

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Rosco

Bench
Hey rhyno . . . . this table is creepy accurate.
So parra has won 14 wooden spoons. f**k me, that's a lot !!!!! but that's a discussion for another day.
Stay with me here rhyno.
14 spoons. We've won just 2.
If you subtract the 2 from 14, that makes 12.
Are you still here ?
So 12, multiplied by the total number of clubs spiritually involved, 3, is 36.
You're shit team hasn't won a comp for how at least how many years ?
Yep. At least 36.
Creepy, huh ?
It's like a ouijie board creepy.
Gutho should be crowned a King, especially after his head job... I mean head butt with the ball. Then, the crowning glory was his royal choke to steal the game. Laugh ?, I nearly shat.

Tigerm

First Grade
NRL twitter
David Klemmer has admitted he was embarrassed by his animated celebration after Eels fullback Clint Gutherson’s failed fulltime penalty goal attempt handed Wests Tigers a 17-16 win at Commbank Stadium last Monday.
————————-
Was anyone upset with his response?

simmo05

Bench
NRL twitter
David Klemmer has admitted he was embarrassed by his animated celebration after Eels fullback Clint Gutherson’s failed fulltime penalty goal attempt handed Wests Tigers a 17-16 win at Commbank Stadium last Monday.
————————-
Nope, but I would really love some one to rub that lowlife Moses nose in it somehow next time we win

WA Tiger

Bench
I thought Klemmer was yelling at Gutho before the kick..If I was Gutho I’d have been distracted. Esp with the pressure of the moment..I think we lose without Klemmers antics

Nutz

Bench
Brooksy is living the dream at Manly.

Gus let slip he rang Brooksy for a “welfare check” last year.

Obviously the dogs ran out of cash.
I blame the whole bad culture of the WT and not just Brooks. It goes back to when we first became a joint venture and we got a grant for doing so.
It seemed we used it recklessly buying players that imo was a waste of if money. Players like McCracken, Field, Hill, Hopoate and a couple of others I can't remember. But at the time I thought we were being a bit left field. We came ninth or tenth which I guess became the start of the norm.
Ever since then we've been a club that doesn't make great recruiting decisions.
Even after 05 we couldn't keep it all together and players were happy to leave the joint... eg Prince. We slowly became a club that couldn't attract marquee players so we hung onto fairytale stories like 1 club players.
To get back to Brooksey, it's just another example of our crazy decisions made by our board and coaches.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I have to give a huge wrap to Bateman and Papali'i in that game. I'm not the smartest footy brain, but it felt like they were hitting everything that moved out there. Neither of them backed off an inch. Even when someone needed to do that dirty one out hit up that nobody wanted they were there. It was a massive defensive effort and these two led the way.

Olam was great as well. You can see people on that side of the field are genuinely scared of taking a hit up with him and Bateman lurking around.

Nutz

Bench
I have to give a huge wrap to Bateman and Papali'i in that game. I'm not the smartest footy brain, but it felt like they were hitting everything that moved out there. Neither of them backed off an inch. Even when someone needed to do that dirty one out hit up that nobody wanted they were there. It was a massive defensive effort and these two led the way.

Olam was great as well. You can see people on that side of the field are genuinely scared of taking a hit up with him and Bateman lurking around.
Agree mate.
Pound for pound Bateman is up there with the toughest in the NRL often taking on the big boys and not giving an inch.
He reminds of Sharks 2nd Rower Briton Nikora, deceptively strong and aggressive.

The Rosco

Bench
NRL twitter
————————-
I loved it.
It was the moment I realised that Klem had a bit of Italian in him.
Bravissimo !

Das Hassler

Bench
Had to laugh when I noticed this little knife twister....after being told by the eels that he wouldn't be cutting any mustard with them and to please go elsewhere...the following year Galvin wins the **Peter Stirling** award on his way to us!

Tiger Ted

Bench
Agree mate.
Pound for pound Bateman is up there with the toughest in the NRL often taking on the big boys and not giving an inch.
He reminds of Sharks 2nd Rower Briton Nikora, deceptively strong and aggressive.
They certainly breed them tough in Yorkshire & Lancashire.Hopefully we can find the next Gareth Ellis

Tiger Ted

Bench
Had to laugh when I noticed this little knife twister....after being told by the eels that he wouldn't be cutting any mustard with them and to please go elsewhere...the following year Galvin wins the **Peter Stirling** award on his way to us!
Actually similar story to Moses & how he ended up in our junior reps & was influential in Balmain winning sg ball although he ended up returning to his original junior club something I hope never happens with Galvin.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
this is what I noticed on watching replay. Parra seemed reluctant to head that side of the way because of Olam, and when they did, he was ready to line up a hit.

makes a difference when you have an aggressive centre

Das Hassler

Bench
Agree mate.

I'm convinced that Api and Olam have embarrassed Bateman ...Papali'i and possibly Klem into the form they were signed on for....just as an indicator I couldn't help noticing Pap's reaction in the dressing room after the sharks game....he was as animated and happy as anyone in there