What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R6 Thu - Newcastle 20-22 Sydney @ McDonald Jones

Round 6: Newcastle v Sydney

• Newcastle Knights

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Woody90

Juniors
Newcastle certainly had some calls go against them today. In the end though, Newcastle ultimately beat themselves by not having the desire or fitness to back up players who made breaks on two occasions in the last six minutes. Newcastle had a chance to win despite the ref, they just weren't quite good enough to get it done.

We went through same thing last year. I acutely remember we played the Roosters at home mid season, also went down by 2 and we were all crying out why we never had support play.

I think it mostly comes down to confidence and when they’re down on it they give up on the play. When they went on their run last year they had half the team supporting every half break assuming they’d score.

Saying that though if we had Frizzell or Gamble in the side last night we’d probably win given they’re always there on half breaks. Not that we’d deserve it though. That defensive lapse on Smith just wasn’t good enough.

Last edited:

skeepe

Immortal
The way the Knights clocked off on the Brandon Smith try reminded me of the way Dane Gagai and Nathan Ross casually let a missed field goal bounce between them straight into the arms of a chasing Jordan Rapana to score the winning try in golden point in 2016.

The Knights just never learn.

Uncle Kraka

Juniors
Any charge on the knight player who smacked Collins across the face? Or does the MRC clock off with high shots if the ball is dropped too?

Valheru

Coach
Newcastle certainly had some calls go against them today. In the end though, Newcastle ultimately beat themselves by not having the desire or fitness to back up players who made breaks on two occasions in the last six minutes. Newcastle had a chance to win despite the ref, they just weren't quite good enough to get it done.
And the roosters didn't?

Valheru

Coach
Hey, at least we know we’re shit currently. Roosters fans seem to still be deluded into thinking they’re still a top side. His fringe top 8 comment was pretty accurate and probably flattering to both sides.
Disagree and it's quite ironic that comment has come from a warriors supporter too

The game last night was decent and Newcastle won't lose too many more at home IMO. I see no clear favourite this year with even PENRITH coming back to the pack a bit. I certainly don't see four teams that are clearly better than us at this stage. I reckon there will be a bolter in the top 4 this year and Newcastle are as good a candidate as any if they get on a roll.

yobbo84

Coach
Disagree and it's quite ironic that comment has come from a warriors supporter too

The game last night was decent and Newcastle won't lose too many more at home IMO. I see no clear favourite this year with even PENRITH coming back to the pack a bit. I certainly don't see four teams that are clearly better than us at this stage. I reckon there will be a bolter in the top 4 this year and Newcastle are as good a candidate as any if they get on a roll.
I'm fully on the Wahs for the Premiership train knowing this season is a write off for my club

Any charge on the knight player who smacked Collins across the face? Or does the MRC clock off with high shots if the ball is dropped too?

Based on past experience, we probably won't hear about any charges till sometime around 10.30-11.00 am (AEST) today out of this game.

Latest posts