What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R17 Sun :: Panthers 38 Eels 34 @ CUA

Round 17 :: Panthers v Eels

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mxlegend99

Referee
We're playing a team that'a almost at full strength and has just come of their best win of the season. It might only be the Eels, but any decent team will beat us with ease. We look to be one of the worst teams in the NRL when playing without Luke Lewis.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
We're playing a team that'a almost at full strength and has just come of their best win of the season. It might only be the Eels, but any decent team will beat us with ease. We look to be one of the worst teams in the NRL when playing without Luke Lewis.

I think we are a huge chance even without Lewis. Hopefully you will still get out to the Stadium and support the team even though they are missing a few players. A crowd of 18k+ plus is a must.

mxlegend99

Referee
I'll support the team no matter who we're missing. I just don't see us being able to overcome so many injuries. Especially the week after the Eels have finally learned how to play football again.

pantherz9103

First Grade
I'll support the team no matter who we're missing. I just don't see us being able to overcome so many injuries. Especially the week after the Eels have finally learned how to play football again.

They had learned how to play football after beating the Knights in Newcastle. Then promptly followed up with a rubbish showing against the Tigers, getting pumped at home. I don't rate the Eels at all. If they beat us it will be more about how bad we are missing key players than how good they are. Why should we be so scared about a team that has Jeff Robson at halfback?

Someone

Bench
I believe Inu has pulled out of game, Ben smith in.

only minutes away from kick off now. should be a tight game..

Someone

Bench
They had learned how to play football after beating the Knights in Newcastle. Then promptly followed up with a rubbish showing against the Tigers, getting pumped at home. I don't rate the Eels at all. If they beat us it will be more about how bad we are missing key players than how good they are. Why should we be so scared about a team that has Jeff Robson at halfback?

And eels dont have injuries? we lost Finch after round 4, then Kris Keating and Feleti Mateo were injured. now Inu has been ruled out (i believe) and theres doubt over cayless. Panthers arent the only club with missing players...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
No defence in this game so far... 32-28 Penrith in front with just under 15 left.

Timmah

Staff member
Parra 34-32. Unbelievable footy being played today.

aussies1st

Staff member
Eels get the ball back by Hayne but throw it away next play. Hayne must be sick of playing with nuffies.

Timmah

Staff member
Penrith win that one in a thriller, 38-34. :crazy:

Paullyboy

Coach
I'm not sure if I've seen a worse game of rugby league this year. Sure some people will say it was close and high-scoring - but that is the single most embarrasing defensive display I can remember an NRL game ever producing.

Someone

Bench
Orwell for the eels. our season is over, meanwhile Panthers still have a shot. Defence was disgraceful. most of the tries scored were so easy for the attacking team.

Godz Illa

Coach
I'm not sure if I've seen a worse game of rugby league this year. Sure some people will say it was close and high-scoring - but that is the single most embarrasing defensive display I can remember an NRL game ever producing.
Your memory doesn't stretch too far.

Round 2 2006, Canberra v Newcastle. 70-32

Bazal

Post Whore
Woeful refereeing, woeful defence, and woeful attitude...why did I even bother watching

murraymob

Coach
considering penrith had 7 first graders not available for selection it was a mighty victory by the boys.Walsh is still finding his feet after just 5 games with the top team.Tia kilifi making his first grade debut was a standout

Latest posts