What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R17 Sun :: Panthers 38 Eels 34 @ CUA

Round 17 :: Panthers v Eels

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mxlegend99

Referee
I never suggested otherwise. I just want to see Tighe being dropped to make room for Michael Gordon, and Maurice Blair/Gavin Cooper to be dropped to make room for Geoff Daniela.

I have a feeling that Matt Elliott would select Brad Tighe and Shane Elford ahead of Geoff Daniela and Junior Tia Kilifi when we're at full strength.

Flapper

First Grade
What a game! First game I'd been to in a while and the Panfas made my $20 worth every cent. Goddamn it was thrilling stuff. Good to see Penrith get up though, otherwise the blokes I sit with may have torn the stands up!

The Teach

Juniors
1. Jarrod Sammut
2. Brad Tighe
3. Maurice Blair
4. Andrew Emilio
5. Junior Tia Kilifi
6. Wade Graham
7. Luke Walsh
8. Tim Grant
9. Paul Aiton - picked up a calf strain today so he's no certainty to play either mx
10. Frank Puletua
11. Gavin Cooper
12. Joseph Paulo
13. Nathan Smith

14. Joel Romelo
15. Matt Bell
16. Sam McKendry ?????
17. Daniel Penese / Junior Moors ????

The Teach

Juniors
Woeful refereeing, woeful defence, and woeful attitude...why did I even bother watching

Haha, you obviously didn't watch the game, because I don't think the refereeing cost either team today. If anything, Parra got the better of the 50/50 calls, but you keep being a sore loser mate.

murraymob

Coach
2 guys who get few wraps normally get hammered had big games today
pulutua
meters gained........103 meters....12 tackles
paulo
meters gained........109.............12 tackles
both had good games today

mxlegend99

Referee
I also have to say that Nathan Smith had a solid game. He gave a beautiful long range pass over the top of another player for Joseph Paulo to score and i'm still not sure how he managed to break away from the Eels to defenders to score his try. Noticed him doing a few things that impressed me. Even though it was probably just the sub standard defence of the Eels, he was still solid for us and his effort helped us win.

Maurice Blair also had a solid game. He had some nice strong runs and the Eels seemed to struggle to tackle him. Being overweight has seemed to help him in the last couple of games. This week the Eels struggled to tackle him, and against the Doggies Jamal Idris injured his arm while trying to palm Maurice Blair away from tackling him.

It's great to see these blokes trying to step up in the absence of Petero and Lewis. Hopefully the Pritchard injury has them even more fired up next week.

murraymob

Coach
I also have to say that Nathan Smith had a solid game. He gave a beautiful long range pass over the top of another player for Joseph Paulo to score and i'm still not sure how he managed to break away from the Eels to defenders to score his try. Noticed him doing a few things that impressed me. Even though it was probably just the sub standard defence of the Eels, he was still solid for us and his effort helped us win.

Maurice Blair also had a solid game. He had some nice strong runs and the Eels seemed to struggle to tackle him. Being overweight has seemed to help him in the last couple of games. This week the Eels struggled to tackle him, and against the Doggies Jamal Idris injured his arm while trying to palm Maurice Blair away from tackling him.

It's great to see these blokes trying to step up in the absence of Petero and Lewis. Hopefully the Pritchard injury has them even more fired up next week.

i am starting to think i am dreaming
1.under strength penrith beats the heels
2.i make a killing at the tab on getting a 1-12 victory
3.and the big one MX has praised smith
:lol::lol:

The_Savage_1

Juniors
was it just me or was one of jennings' tries a text book double movement? he got tackled from behind by hindmarsh i think it was, ball carrying arm hit the ground and then he reached out to score. momentum might have carried him over, but it was certainly in doubt and he promoted the ball. they didnt even go to the video though.

Big Pete

Referee
I've seen worse games, while defence was a joke at least they weren't making horrible error's.

Eels/Sharks still stands as one of the worst games of the season IMO.