What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R20 Sun :: Warriors 4 Dragons 29 @ Mt Smart

Round 20 :: Warriors v Dragons

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gaba

First Grade
Well what do you say Gaba?....

As far as your Dragons go, is it a case of "Put the glasses away....it's in the bag"

I mean, the form they're in....who's going to stop them?

Surely you, the voice of reason is now prepared to declare once and for all...the Dragons will be Premiers in 2009. Aren't you?
but i did expect them to be in the top 4

i have never said the dragons would win the premiership it would be a good surprise to see them win this year

personally i wouldnt be upset if they made and lost the grand final, except if they lost to no plans bellamy team though :)

Last edited:

thommo4pm

Coach
Congrats Dragons, have been playing well and deserve to be on top and have the minor premiership wrapped up, hope we run into you come finals time

I think most Rugby League fans would like to see us meet in the Grand Final.

Meth

Staff member
Dragons did it easily and, no offense or poor sportsmanship intended, didn't play all that well. They coughed up enough ball in the second half to let the Warriors back in the game, but we weren't good enough to take the opportunities on offer.

Well done Dragons- I hope you win the comp

Daddycool

Juniors
So....I guess I'll take that as a NO.

Oh...and as for not being upset if they were to lose in the Grand Final. To quote that dimwit Terry Kennedy.....Pah Leese!

Dragons did it easily and, no offense or poor sportsmanship intended, didn't play all that well. They coughed up enough ball in the second half to let the Warriors back in the game, but we weren't good enough to take the opportunities on offer.

Finals are a different story...a team can play average now and still win but if you do that in the finals you are cactus.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Certainly the best Dragons 'team' since the merger started. They've had more illustrious squads of individuals but never lived up to the hype. Its their comp to lose.

I'd say its a positive that they are not playing to their optimum and still winning comfortably. It means they still have improvement in them and haven't peaked too early.

Gaba

First Grade
So....I guess I'll take that as a NO.

Oh...and as for not being upset if they were to lose in the Grand Final. To quote that dimwit Terry Kennedy.....Pah Leese!

ok i would be upset if they won it i didnt put money on them at $17

Jason Maher

Immortal
No team goes through a season without some lacklustre performances. Melbourne have had more than their fair share so far this year. I just love how opposition fans seem to love picking on our worst games (or halves of games) and assuming that will be our finals performance, while assuming their own team will front up with their A-game, no matter how many rubbish performances they put in during the year.

The fact is, as at this point in time, we are the best team in the comp. You can't be any more than that at this time of year. When the finals arrive, well, we shall see what we shall see. I have confidence, though, that the brand of football we play is the exact brand of football suited for semi finals.

thommo4pm

Coach

Totally agree with you.
Posted the same thing over in the Dragons forum.

I'm happy with the win and to get the 2 points, but it wasn't pretty.
Hopefully just rust after the bye, and we get more players back next week from injury.
Defensively we were pleasing, but the attack was horrible in the second half.

Gaba

First Grade
The dragons defence has been GREAT in both games after the bye which is the most pleasing point

Gaba

First Grade
nothing wrong wiht the scoreline, it shows teams just have trouble scoring many points against the defence

Last edited:

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
a completely moot point, but considering it happened on the far sideline both times i just wanted clarification.

what was the difference between wade mckinnon being dragged into touch and being ruled out vs the dragons play whose feet dropped on the sideline while there was still momentum?

Meth

Staff member
McKinnon hadn't stopped moving.

The Dragons player had come to a complete stop when John pushed his leg onto the chalk

Fair call, I thought

jpaciocco91

Juniors
If Saints didn't keep dropping the ball early in the second half, the score could have been even more. Still, it was a very pleasing win. It was good to see Boyd get his first try, Morris increase his tally of tries, and our defense really muscle up, as it always has this year. We continue our march on!!!

Good luck to the Warriors for 2010.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
a completely moot point, but considering it happened on the far sideline both times i just wanted clarification.

what was the difference between wade mckinnon being dragged into touch and being ruled out vs the dragons play whose feet dropped on the sideline while there was still momentum?
Momentum had stopped when Boyd was tackled, his foot was then forced on the line after the tackle was completed.

McKinnon his momentum had never stopped.

To be honest, the McKinnon call was right, the Boyd one I think was right, but could have gone either way. Isaac John made it bloody obvious that was what he was doing by looking up at the ref, then planting the foot, had he not done that he probably would have got away with it.

Latest posts