What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R23 Sat :: Raiders 24 Dragons 12 @ Canberra

Round 23 :: Raiders v Dragons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paullyboy

Coach
There is one thing I'm relatively good at doing, and that's predicting when we are about to upset someone. I couldn't be any more confident that we will win this game, feel free to make some easy money out of it and follow my advice. I know 13+ might seem like a stretch but it's very possible, but I'd lean closer towards Raiders by 8 or 10.

Paullyboy

Coach
Oh and if TLL plays, expect Soward to cop some pretty severe mental scarring as he'll doing nothing other than charge straight at him all game like he did against Stacey Jones a few weeks back and completely blunted anything he could have offered in attack (i'm aware Soward is much better than Jones in attack, but it wont matter)

Godz Illa

Coach
Canberra need to be at their absolute best to win. If the Dogs game was an indication of their best, then they'll lose. Saints have shown recently that they can play well below their best and still win by 20 odd points.

Looking forward to seeing Weyman and Costigan rip into their old team, particularly the Horse

mongoose

Coach
We're a sh*teload better than we were in 2008, and you guys are a sh*teload worse. I'm not saying I'm confident about this game, because I'm not given we'll probably have 4 of our stars on the sidelines. However previous trends go right out the window this year with this team, we are far better drilled than any other dragons team in the last decade or two.

Prior and Scott are hardly "stars".

The raiders will be missing some of their "stars" in Shillington, Herbert and Carney.

Dragon

Coach
Lets see...

The Warriors was a danger game for us..
Oh then Storm was a danger game
Then the Panthers were supposed to cause a certain upset...
Now the Faders are being talked up
Next week it will be Brisbane "ready to match it with Saints"
Then Bunnies "we beat them in the charity shield", certain to cause an upset!
Then "oh here comes Parra desperate for a finals spot with all the momentum"
Then it will probably be Tigers week 1. "Dont forget 2005" will be the cry from Tigpies fans....

I love how we are never quite favourites week in week out.

Jono1987

Juniors
Oh and if TLL plays, expect Soward to cop some pretty severe mental scarring as he'll doing nothing other than charge straight at him all game like he did against Stacey Jones a few weeks back and completely blunted anything he could have offered in attack (i'm aware Soward is much better than Jones in attack, but it wont matter)

If Scott is missing that's a pretty valid point. However to cover that loss I'm sure Benny will throw Neville Costigan out that side. Pretty handy replacement eh?

Paullyboy

Coach
This is true, I think that's the most important element to this weekends game, how they protect Soward. If they cant stop TLL from getting at Soward, it could be very damaging for him, Costigan should be able to do a decent job, but his endurance has always been questionable so he may not last all game.

(For the record I quite like St George and am not trying to start a sh*t-slinging fight about who is better, I just honestly think we are a massive chance in this one)

STG-Dragon

Juniors
If the raiders win it will have nothing to do with players being suspended ,their backups have performed brilliantly when needed this year. If the raiders are good enough to win I feel they would have been good enough to win anyway with Poore ,Prior and Scott playing. The players that come in will see it as a great chance to put their claims in for a permanent berth in the side and the dragons are going to lose zilch in these suspensions

Won't lose zilch :crazy:, what a load of sh*t! They are obviously in our side because they are the best players we have in their positions.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
There is one thing I'm relatively good at doing, and that's predicting when we are about to upset someone. I couldn't be any more confident that we will win this game, feel free to make some easy money out of it and follow my advice. I know 13+ might seem like a stretch but it's very possible, but I'd lean closer towards Raiders by 8 or 10.
Considering we've lost all our games by a cumulative total of 11 points, I think your prediction is a little bit off the mark. If you win, it'll be close, very close.

The Raiders are a huge chance in Canberra, esp if the Dragons lose players to suspension. They will have to play better than last week though, I am tipping Dragons by 6.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Teams have tried running at Soward all year, and the only times it (sort of) worked were round 1 against Melbourne (which we lost by a point in extra time) and round 16 against the Tigers (which we won on the back of an awesome defnsive effort). The two culprits were Inglis and Tuiaki - enough said. But feel free to keep trying. Meanwhile have fun trying to catch Soward in space or Ben Creagh off a short pass from Ben Hornby.

StinkyPete

Juniors
yeah if it was as simple as running at him all game he wouldn't have been so dominate this season. just limit their field position. kick far. chase fast. make them play out of their own half which is also not a easy task. and if you pull that off you might win.

Paullyboy

Coach
Considering we've lost all our games by a cumulative total of 11 points, I think your prediction is a little bit off the mark. If you win, it'll be close, very close.

I dont intend for this to come across as a 'o our team is sooo g00d lolz' type post, but the margin of this game hasn't got much to do with the Dragons, if the Raiders play like they are capable of in certain home games we'll win comfortably. When we are at home and play our best footy we are unbeatable - the problem is it is so freaking unpredictable - fortunately a lot of signs point to this weekend being one of those weekends when the green machine are on song.

Oh and by the way you've misspelt your username (it's spelt fiery)

Firey_Dragon

Coach
I dont intend for this to come across as a 'o our team is sooo g00d lolz' type post, but the margin of this game hasn't got much to do with the Dragons, if the Raiders play like they are capable of in certain home games we'll win comfortably. When we are at home and play our best footy we are unbeatable - the problem is it is so freaking unpredictable - fortunately a lot of signs point to this weekend being one of those weekends when the green machine are on song.

Oh and by the way you've misspelt your username (it's spelt fiery)
You are unbeatable? Delusional maybe, certainly not unbeatable. No team in this comp, even when at their best is "unbeatable". As for you winning comfortably, as I said earlier, no one has won "comfortably" against us, our biggest losing margin is 6, even when we've played terrible against the Titans and Knights, who were much better quality sides than yours at the time.

This game will go one of two ways. Raiders by 1-12 or Dragons 13+, if it's the latter this forum is bound to be flooded with Raiders fans whinging about how the ref robbed them.

I know my forum name is mispelt, with the correct spelling it was unavailable on another forum, so I just stuck with it.

Godz Illa

Coach
You can only really make a prediction based on the evidence at hand, and on that basis Firey is closer to the truth. How many of these "certain games" have Canberra won comfortably at home this year? Two, I'd say. The Warriors and Broncos - not contenders by any means. On the other side Saints haven't been beaten by more than 6 points all year.