What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | Origin I | Wed 26 May | NSW 24-28 QLD | ANZ

Origin I - WHO WILL WIN?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sleep

Juniors
With the weather being so poor it'll come down to ball control and field position. I think both teams have great forward packs but QLD have far better kicking options.

I'll be surprised to see either team break twenty.

typicalfan

Coach
I don't understand how NSW are favourites. Everyone's claiming Ballin could be a liability - I don't believe QLD ever trained with Cameron, Ballin was always part of their plans.

He is still an origin rookie and not in the same league as Smith. Not saying he can't have a good game but he is a weakness in a very very strong team.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Preliminary match postponed
Rain has forced the postponement of tonight’s Harvey Norman State of Origin curtain raiser between the NSW under 16s versus QLD under 16s which had been scheduled to kick off at 6.10pm at ANZ Stadium.

The Harvey Norman State of Origin match will go ahead as scheduled at 8:10pm and the NSW v Queensland Under 16’s game will be rescheduled to the evening of the final 2010 Origin match at ANZ Stadium on July 7.

Australian Rugby League Chief Executive Officer Mr Geoff Carr said: “It is with disappointing that we have had to make the decision but we had to consider the playing surface for the Harvey Norman Origin match.

“ANZ Stadium have worked with us to ensure the kids will still have the chance to play on an Origin night by allowing us to play three games on July 7.

“We understand that parents and family will have come down from Queensland for this game but we simply can’t control the weather.

“We will look at compensating those immediate family members who have travelled solely to watch the Under 16’s game. Obviously we will need to review their costs and to verify individual situations but we certainly want to help where it is appropriate.”

Fans are reminded that the despite the postponement of the match that it is still important to arrive at ANZ Stadium early to avoid traffic congestion.

Public transport costs are included within the Harvey Norman State of Origin ticket price.

From the moment fans arrive they will be able to sample a ‘Taste of Origin’ with more than 30 Food and Beverage outlets operating within the Sydney Olympic Park precinct.

The ANZ Stadium Gates open at 5.45pm. The Hoodoo Gurus will perform live ahead of the Harvey Norman State of Origin match, which kicks off at 8:10pm.

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsar...onement-of-origin-curtain-raiser/default.aspx

The Gambler

Juniors
Mind you Canteburry race course is holding up well so far with multiple half ton horses running around.

Noa

First Grade
omg, i just saw mick hagan on the news.

f**k me, i forgot all bout him.

MightyBronco

Juniors
I just saw the NSW assistant coach and went want the f???? never seen him before. Was he floating around one of those infamous sydney all male bath houses, and struck up a convo with some NSW players? And got invited into the team that way?

I dont know really, but as sydney is Australias capitol of the ghey, thats how i presume he got the job.

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
origin_wideweb__470x336,0.jpg

BWNB

First Grade
I just saw the NSW assistant coach and went want the f???? never seen him before. Was he floating around one of those infamous sydney all male bath houses, and struck up a convo with some NSW players? And got invited into the team that way?

I dont know really, but as sydney is Australias capitol of the ghey, thats how i presume he got the job.

Sharks coach ;)

Latest posts