What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | QF3 - 2 v 7 | Sat 8:30 | Panthers 22-24 Raiders | CUA

Qualifying Final Result: Panthers v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Mick

Referee
I'm ecstatic. What a great performance. I love this team.

Up against it, away from home, rocked by an absolutely disgraceful call by the video ref that completely changed the momentum of the game, a dodgy forward pass call (tge second one) that cost us a try... And we hot it done.

The Raiders that started the season would have lost that game. I'm over the moon with the boys, and I can't wait to see then continue their finals journey at Canberra Stadium next week.

f**king hilarious that the Penrith crowd booed the refs off despite getting all the calls their way.

You really are a wanker Skeepe.

Up against it? you can't seriously be suggesting the referee was on Penrith's side? Apart from a sh*t video referee decision...the forward passes were correct. Knob.

Secondly...you were 2m offside all freakin night. We couldn't get a quick play the ball to save our lives because they were letting you lay all over our guys without one penalty the WHOLE game to Penrith. We do it once we get penalised.

Two garbage penalties got you down the field to score your first two tries...and then we don't get penalties when you did the exact same thing.

But in the end the referee's didn't cost Penrith the game. Canberra played out of their skin and deserved the win. Without Frank and Waterhouse for most of the game...I don't know things just weren't going our way.

And also...to SOME OF the Raiders army...you should be disgraced at yourself. To the idiots who were yelling and carrying on like pissheads during the moment of silence are knobs and should be held accountable. You shouldn't need EXTRA prompting by the Ground Announcer. Secondly, for breaking the god damn fence at CUA stadium. I'm sure all you heroes will put your money in your pocket to pay for the damage however...not.

And lastly. To the hero that poured beer over me on my way out after the game and threw the bottle he had at another fan, you deserved what you got, which was a punch in the head by a massive human behind me when you hit his 4 year old daughter with a bottle. You stupid prick.

To the good Raider fans who were vocal and fair all night. Congratulations on the win...and more importantly congrats on getting to the game...because lord knows a f**kload of "Penrith fans" didn't bother showin up.

I usually have a lot of time for Raiders fans, the knob quoted excluded, but after last night I hope you get hammered next week because it would be poetic justice for that little 4 year old. Although don't see it being next week because you play the Tigers @ home without Ellis and Benji likely. Another rails run.

For Penrith...I just don't know where to go from here. No Trent, No Frank...Civ to come back yes...but no impact on the fringe against the Roosters...I don't know. I'm proud of the fight they showed last night playing with 15 men for most of the game...Jennings will never have a game like that again this year...but it takes more than fight to win a comp. It takes creativity & taking opportunities...and we didn't have any last night. Don't think Walsh is fit because he didn't take on the line at all last night and that is when we are playing our best footy.

Last edited:

Leethal

Juniors
And also...to SOME OF the Raiders army...you should be disgraced at yourself. To the idiots who were yelling and carrying on like pissheads during the moment of silence are knobs and should be held accountable. You shouldn't need EXTRA prompting by the Ground Announcer. Secondly, for breaking the god damn fence at CUA stadium. I'm sure all you heroes will put your money in your pocket to pay for the damage however...not.

Unfortunately most of the senior RA guys weren't at the game last night and I can tell you if they were there that sh*t wouldn't be tolerated, particularly because one of them is a copper himself.

I don't get it. We start winning a few games and some of us think it's a licence to carry on like a tw*t. Pull your f*cken heads in. Show some grace in victory and some respect for other teams and fans.

mongoose

Coach
You really are a wanker Skeepe.

Up against it? you can't seriously be suggesting the referee was on Penrith's side? Apart from a sh*t video referee decision...the forward passes were correct. Knob.

Secondly...you were 2m offside all freakin night. We couldn't get a quick play the ball to save our lives because they were letting you lay all over our guys without one penalty the WHOLE game to Penrith. We do it once we get penalised.

Two garbage penalties got you down the field to score your first two tries...and then we don't get penalties when you did the exact same thing.

But in the end the referee's didn't cost Penrith the game. Canberra played out of their skin and deserved the win. Without Frank and Waterhouse for most of the game...I don't know things just weren't going our way.

And lastly. To the hero that poured beer over me on my way out after the game and threw the bottle he had at another fan, you deserved what you got, which was a punch in the head by a massive human behind me when you hit his 4 year old daughter with a bottle. You stupid prick.

To the good Raider fans who were vocal and fair all night. Congratulations on the win...and more importantly congrats on getting to the game...because lord knows a f**kload of "Penrith fans" didn't bother showin up.

I usually have a lot of time for Raiders fans, the knob quoted excluded, but after last night I hope you get hammered next week because it would be poetic justice for that little 4 year old. Although don't see it being next week because you play the Tigers @ home without Ellis and Benji likely. Another rails run.

For Penrith...I just don't know where to go from here. No Trent, No Frank...Civ to come back yes...but no impact on the fringe against the Roosters...I don't know. I'm proud of the fight they showed last night playing with 15 men for most of the game...Jennings will never have a game like that again this year...but it takes more than fight to win a comp. It takes creativity & taking opportunities...and we didn't have any last night. Don't think Walsh is fit because he didn't take on the line at all last night and that is when we are playing our best footy.

Thats disgraceful if true. I guess every club has their feral fans...

Big Mick

Referee
And I will clarify I only said SOME fans...Most of the Raiders fans last night were fantastic..had one sitting next to me and we were having fun baiting each other.

But some of the Raiders fans...along with I'm sure Penrith fans...took it way over the line last night.

I don't think I deserved a beer poured over my head or that young girl getting hit with a bottle when we all paid $50 a ticket to sit in a grandstand.

mongoose

Coach
Just realised the last finals game we won was against the panthers back in 2000. I think Dave Furner was actually playing in that game.

Anyway, I would like to see panthers win next week, especially against the roosters and wipe that smile off that merkin carney's face.

murraymob

Coach
Big Mick

while i share the disapoinment at our loss last night .I am also extremley proud of the boys.At the start of the year i looked at the squad and thought it would be a average year.Given the fact pritchard was injured during the warm up and was a empty jersey all game .Lewis walsh grant waterhouse all injured during the game.It was a huge effort from the boys
Having said that the raiders where good last night and deserved to win

My plan for victory against the chooks

1.Give the coaching for the week to Melville and georgalliss
2.Graham to half
3.walsh and elliott sydney swans
4.Set up mobile KFC stands behind the try lines lets see them run anywhere near the tryline
Next week is a huge task with so many out but it is never impossible.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Thats disgraceful if true. I guess every club has their feral fans...

Unfortunately it is true, it was an embarrassment to the club. I can't believe how many times they were told to shut up and didn't.
That said, there were plenty of panthers supporters who were doing the same. I was also disgusted to see, while trying to leave the ground, panthers fans pissing all over the parking lot and having to try and get around two groups of panthers supporters punching on......in front of a lot of young children no less?

Raider Azz

Bench
People weren't talking during the minute silence on purpose, most of the hill didnt even know there was one at first because your sh*tty PA system doesnt even carry over to the hill so we couldnt even hear the ground announcer talking. Once we realized what was going on of course we stopped talking.

As for the fence, do you think raiders fans broke it on purpose you knob? How the f**k is it their fault if your sh*tty ground doesn't have a decent fence around the side of the ground?

Neither of those things would happen at Bruce.

murraymob

Coach
People weren't talking during the minute silence on purpose, most of the hill didnt even know there was one at first because your sh*tty PA system doesnt even carry over to the hill so we couldnt even hear the ground announcer talking. Once we realized what was going on of course we stopped talking.

As for the fence, do you think raiders fans broke it on purpose you knob? How the f**k is it their fault if your sh*tty ground doesn't have a decent fence around the side of the ground?

Neither of those things would happen at Bruce.

nobody else had any problems hearing it.As for the fence it has never been busted before maybe your fat asses where just to heavy for it

thommo4pm

Coach
the bottom line is penrith were only in the game because russell smith allowed them to be.

the raiders showed great spirit and determination to win it

I tend to agree with that.
If the Campese try was given, which I think it should have been, score would have been 30-12 and I think Canberra go on to rack up 50 points from there.

murraymob

Coach
I tend to agree with that.
If the Campese try was given, which I think it should have been, score would have been 30-12 and I think Canberra go on to rack up 50 points from there.

both sides could look at things during the game that turned the game.Thommo do you ever look at one of games without finding ways to bag us

Walt Flanigan

Referee
nobody else had any problems hearing it.As for the fence it has never been busted before maybe your fat asses where just to heavy for it

Yeah the well behaved panthers supporters put us to shame. I mean throwing objects at the raiders players at the end of the game while they were trying to thank their fans.....that was just class.

thommo4pm

Coach
both sides could look at things during the game that turned the game.Thommo do you ever look at one of games without finding ways to bag us

Mate I live in Penrith and have all my life.
I don't have a problem with your team.

My point above is not meant to upset or bag Penrith, and I don't see how it does it's more Credit to Canberra than bagging you guys. Canberra to my way of thinking were always in control, and only a few forward passes (which were slightly forward), and that video ref decision (which was wrong), stood in the way of the racking up a score.

As a Dragons fan I wanted you to win.
Our record against Canberra is well documented, and I would have loved you guys to knock them out, fact is Canberra were too good and always looked to have Penrith covered last night.

I've made some comments about Penrith in the last few weeks, purely because I think their winning form has "masked" their true form, playing against sides who were well down the ladder.

redvscotty

First Grade

Jamal Idris was there?

Caged Panther

First Grade
Yeah the well behaved panthers supporters put us to shame. I mean throwing objects at the raiders players at the end of the game while they were trying to thank their fans.....that was just class.

Was that after Cnberra deliberately went over to the Black Hole where there were virtually no canberra supporters and clapped and and carried on like massive smart arses?

pantherz9103

First Grade
I'm feeling de ja vu from 2000.

1. Hammer Sharks by 38 points in the last round (we beat them 44-6 in R26 of 2000)
2. Lose opening semi to Canberra
3. Could we go out to 'media darlings' in Week 2 (Parra in 2000, Roosters the media darlings in 2010 thanks to the Carney wankfest)

Please take this feeling of de ja vu away from me Panthers.

Big Mick

Referee

No you may not have done it intentionally but it doesn't change the fact that after the game when on the fence most of you idiots were acting like just that and when 200 people trying to push to the front to touch players what the f**k do you think would happen? Knob.