What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R1 | Fri | Eels 12-18 Dragons | Parramatta

Result: Eels v Dragons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The 18th Man

Juniors
Quality first half. Both teams have a good completion rate.

St George-Illawarra would be disappointed to be only leading by 6pts at halftime given they had the bulk of the posession and excellent field position. They look like a Bennett coached team, simple, no frills attack attempting to wear down the Eels. I've loved the contribution of their props Dan Hunt and Michael Weyman, Nathan Fein was good until he was injured and the bench has been excellent.

The Eels will be pleased to be only behind by six I feel. Their defence has been excellent, especially that of their half Jeff Robson who has made some telling tackles on Matt Prior and Ben Creagh. Jarryd Hayne has been a little quiet though looks once more ever threatening whenever he has touched the ball. Class act.

If I am Eels fan, I am little concerned with Fui Fui Moi Moi. Very uneventful off the bench. Looks pretty flat too. No enthusiasm in his game. Is he injured? The left thigh is heavily strapped, maybe he is carrying something in to this game.

The Eels with a better share of posession can win this game from where I sit. Whilst the Dragons have been clinical, they have been snuffed out barring the kick behind the line that led to the Hornby try and the flat ball from Fein to Smith close to the line.

Red Bear

Referee
f**k I hate these idiotic 9 commentators, oh that was a soft penalty. If you make contact with the head IT'S A f**kING PENALTY, both occasions contact was made.

oh he gave that one cause he gave the other one a penalty

no sh*t sherlock, they both made contact with the head...f**king imbecile.
The first penalty there against the tahu tackle was not even a penalty, there was no contact with the head/neck.

Second one there was minimal contact, parra player made it look a bit worse.

Parra butchered a try near the end there.

Inu needs to gets some spray on his hands, cant catch a cold this evening

The 18th Man

Juniors
Fein is a massive loss, he was giving the Dragons excellent service from dummy half and was their most dangerous attacking player, especially in and around the ruck.

aussies1st

Staff member
Yep Dragons haven't looked anywhere near as threatening since he left.

Burt in, if he converts the try that penalty goal didn't do much.

skeepe

Immortal
If the Dragons lose, they can look at their decision to kick that penalty because it brought Parra back into the game.

Noa

First Grade
Hows Hayne looked.

Storm showed how to shut him down, did the Dragons take notes.

skeepe

Immortal
Hayne very ordinary.

Do the commentators have money on Parra? Fair dinkum. A strip with 2 in the tackle is a penalty every time.

The 18th Man

Juniors
Great way to start the season, excellent win for the Dragons. Bad start to the tipping for 2010. My Man Of The Match: Jeremy Smith. Strong running out wide, scored a good try and was good in defence. Jamie Soward was good without being brilliant, his kicking game was pivotal. Michael Weyman was a good contributor for the entire game too.

Plenty of positives for Parramatta, some concerns raised too. I couldn't believe some of the decisions made by their halves late in the second half. They failed to direct the team and looked to rely on Hayne. Timana was good in his comeback, will get better. Luke Burt was solid, great try, safe as per usual.

3 - J. Smith (Stg)
2 - J. Soward (Stg)
1 - M. Weyman (Stg)

aussies1st

Staff member
Good game to start the season with. Dragons did look lost in attack towards the end, the play by Hornby near the end to just gift the ball back was very Herbert like.

Dragon

Coach
Wheres the 30k that couldn't even fill Parra stadium?

P.S we have lost nothing in our forwards with the loss of Poore, Merrin and the rest stepped up and Hunt was outstanding.