What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R26 | Fri | Titans 21-18 Tigers | Skilled

Result: Titans v Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shiznit

Coach
i checked the tape again... in 69th minute they used there 9th interchange... then in the 79th minute it looks like they brought on 2 players... number 18 and number 17.

im assuming number 18 was always on the field... playing in the backs... so they moved him into the pack... and 17 went into the backs.

so that would make 10 interchanges...

Danish

Referee
Wouldnt it be hilarious if the titans used too many and lost their points?

I thought they'd used all 10 as well so will be interesting if they have

juro

Bench
It seemed like both teams were happy with the result at the end of the game. Tigers were happy to lose by a close margin, giving up 2nd place. Titans were happy to win by a close margin, not trying to push for 2nd place.

Jason Maher

Immortal
What is it with the Titans? I have seen them do it a number of times - come out of the blocks all guns blazing, put on a couple of quick tries, and then fall asleep, and maybe scrape over the line, or even get rolled. Have they ever put in a full 80 minute effort?

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
What is it with the Titans? I have seen them do it a number of times - come out of the blocks all guns blazing, put on a couple of quick tries, and then fall asleep, and maybe scrape over the line, or even get rolled. Have they ever put in a full 80 minute effort?
they're the warriors mk 2

Ladmate

Bench
I would be worried if your team was playing the tigers. We had a 5 day turnaround, 4 players in our team injured 5 days ago, none of them backing up, a rookie fullback needed to play against the best halfback in the NRL and on top of that, versing the team coming 3rd in their fortress. And only losing by 3.

gronkathon

First Grade
I would be worried if your team was playing the tigers. We had a 5 day turnaround, 4 players in our team injured 5 days ago, none of them backing up, a rookie fullback needed to play against the best halfback in the NRL and on top of that, versing the team coming 3rd in their fortress. And only losing by 3.

True.

But without Ellis we would have copped a pasting.

Lui is truley awful in defence

Iafeta

Referee
I don't think the Tigers can go all the way. There, I said it. Too much gloryball going side to side, not enough hard word through the middle. At times last night Benji must have thought you earn 4 points by running over the sideline rather than going from one end to the other. Even when there's a try on, it seems some of their players want to go for the Harlem Globe Trotter alley-oop rather than play the numbers and go over after a patient build up.

gronkathon

First Grade
Fair criticism.

I do think however it is unwise to discount our ability to graft. When Fulton and Gibbs get back in next week it firms up our forward rotation and Fulton combines well with Payten to provide ball playing options and take pressure away from Marshall and Farah.

Our side lacked balance last night with one prop on the bench

gronkathon

First Grade
Oh and kudos to Birdey.

I have never seen a man so commited to the milk that they headstand themselves. It was a special effort

Last edited:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Very pleased with the recovery after that mediocre first half. Could still finish second if the Sharks get up.

We were missing Gibbs, Fulton, Lawrence, McKinnon and Daniella. Three of them will be back next week.

Ellis is brilliant, would walk into any team.

Iafeta

Referee
Very pleased with the recovery after that mediocre first half. Could still finish second if the Sharks get up.

We were missing Gibbs, Fulton, Lawrence, McKinnon and Daniella. Three of them will be back next week.

Ellis is brilliant, would walk into any team.
'

lol - McKinnon. Blokes barely running on one leg these days. Great player before all the injuries took away any pace he had.

Eelectrica

Referee

I think had scott Prince not gone off injured, the Titans could have had more points in the first half. But yes it is very frustrating watching them get fast starts at times and do nothing the rest of the game.

The first game against the roosters at Skilled comes to mind where they had 12 point lead in the blink of eye and ended up getting anihilated.

Doomednow

Bench

I think had scott Prince not gone off injured, the Titans could have had more points in the first half. But yes it is very frustrating watching them get fast starts at times and do nothing the rest of the game.

The first game against the roosters at Skilled comes to mind where they had 12 point lead in the blink of eye and ended up getting anihilated.

Sounds like the panthers. Usually strong starts and then snooze time.

On another note, how funny was Benji's little hissy fit when someone had the outrageous audacity to tackle him? I know he's got skills but something about him makes him unlikeable to me. He's got huge tickets on himself and that little spastic arm flailing episode last night was unsurprising and confirmed my disdain for him.

Farah, on the other hand had a pretty awesome game after a rubbish start. Good on him for getting himself into the game.

Latest posts