What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R26 | Sat | Panthers 50-12 Sharks | CUA

Result: Panthers v Sharks

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pantherz9103

First Grade
yeah pretty much

Where are the Sharks coming? seen that ladder recently? and even if you fluked a win its still ANOTHER year of sweet fa from the Shire boys.

We've scored the most tries this season of any team, and in recent weeks most of our tries have come through the hands, but if we can score off bombs, all the better, we are always likely to score points, particuarly against a Sharks side that travel poorly. Defensive lapses is more our problem and why we've not done so well over the past couple of months.

McLovin

Staff member
Sharks 13+ at $9 looking very enticing...also $3.50 for any team to miss the first conversion...

easy way to win catch all there bombs then they have nothing simple

It was mentioned during the Panthers/Bulldogs clash that they scored 100 tries so far this season, of which 39 were scored from kicks.

So if all 39 tries from kicks were diffused, I think you'll find that the remaining 61 tries would add up to slightly more than nothing.

By the way, if you're not familiar with the word 'nothing' just remember how many first grade premierships the sharks have won in their "illustrious" 44-year history.......it will eventually sink in pal!!

mxlegend99

Referee
Seriously - I don't know why people think that tries off kicks are all we have. They're certainly one of our strongest areas, but we've also proven we can score from from linebreaks, dummy half runs and even come up with a few tries from opposition errors, intercepts and a charge down.

I would certainly like us to focus more on getting Jennings, Gordon and Tighe in space. But at the end of the day we're averaging more points scored each week then any other team, so who cares how they're scored?

Sleep

Juniors
Added incentive for the Panthers now with the Titans winning. A win here is second place and a potential week off.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Seriously - I don't know why people think that tries off kicks are all we have. They're certainly one of our strongest areas, but we've also proven we can score from from linebreaks, dummy half runs and even come up with a few tries from opposition errors, intercepts and a charge down.

I would certainly like us to focus more on getting Jennings, Gordon and Tighe in space. But at the end of the day we're averaging more points scored each week then any other team, so who cares how they're scored?

Any time that Penrith are actually high up the ladder the media in general and the opposition fans in general prefer to write us off, because they can't believe that we are doing well. We're not a fashionable club. The Roosters are behind us on the table, have a worse for and against, got beaten easily by us back in Round 5, yet they get alot more positive talk than we do. It should make our boys more determined to prove the 'experts' wrong.

Frailty

First Grade
Heading to the game tonight... Hopefully a Sharks win, but I'm not too confident...

Doomednow

Bench
According to the live scoreboard sharks are paying 5.1 to panthers 1.21. Putting the issue over gambling advertising aside, I'm surprised bookies are giving such high odds. Would have thought that they had figured out we go to sleep after an early surge. But I suppose it is the sharks and we are at home and have something to play for. That's hardly a guarantee with us, though.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
As good as Penrith have been, they are the better team... Cronulla are getting arsed by the refs big time.

Latest posts