What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R3 | Sat | Titans 24-4 Raiders | Skilled

Result: Titans v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Iafeta

Referee
I'm guessing it was probably mentioned in another post, but how catty a play was it from Scott Prince to come up and try to body check Terry Campese as he was running forward to take a quick tap? It was fairly ordinary sportsmanship.

I'm sure though "It's not his go" as he is a rep player.

Jason Maher

Immortal
I actually sat down and watched the recording of the game last night (my wife was hogging the telly on Saturday night). The one thing that got lost in all the bitching and moaning from you Raiders fans was that the Titans controlled the game pretty effectively, especially in the first 40. Like the Dragons in round 1, they should have won by a lot more, so I guess some credit has to go to the Raiders goal-line defence. Certainly far more impressive than their first two games.

As for some of the specific moans I saw in here:

1) Greg Bird's knee to Fensom's head was completely accidental, not deliberate as implied by skeepe. :lol:

2) While you might like to bitch about the 3 decisions that preceded the Tits' 3 2nd half tries, sport is always about playing the whistle, and it's not the Tits fault the Raiders didn't muscle up.

3) I will admit to being baffled by the penalty that Tongue blew up about. I still don't know what it was for, and no replay was shown.

4) The knock on call in the play the ball - these are 50/50 incidents. Half the time it's a penalty for interference, the other half a scrum for losing control. I've yet to cotton on to any real way to tell the difference other than complete referees discretion. In actual fact, the Raiders received a penalty in similar circumstances not long after. If anything, I thought the first one should have been a penalty and the second one a scrum, but that's Rugby League.

5) The knock-on call against Dugan - you see a heap of these every season, where a foot touches the ball and makes it look like it was knocked on. Very often the refs, with no chance of a second look, call them a knock on. As for the suggestion that Dugan would have run 105 metres to score, well, I want something of what you Raider fans are smoking. The Titans defenders played the whistle and never even attempted to tackle him. :lol:

All in all, I point to my pre-game prediction that no matter what happened you Raiders fans would be here bitching and moaning about the refs. The easiest prediction to make in Rugby League. ;-)

Simply because its all skeepe does doesn't mean the rest of us are entirely the same, but hey, maybe thats the only prediction your pea sized brain can think of?

Latest posts