What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R5 | Sun | Panthers 28-6 Roosters | CUA

Result: Panthers v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Panther_Daz

Staff member
On a positive note, our SAVIOUR :)lol:) Greg Waddell is finally back, named for the NYC. I will be able to see him live for the first time ever! :crazy: (Assuming he actually plays).

Don't expect too much from him this week. I'd imagine Greg will just try and get through the game injury free after being out for so long. However, in a couple of weeks he could really tear the 20's comp to shreads.

I still can't get over that there is apparently some shirts going around Penrith saying 'I have seen Greg Waddell play' :lol:

bigfoot

Juniors
Don't expect too much from him this week. I'd imagine Greg will just try and get through the game injury free after being out for so long. However, in a couple of weeks he could really tear the 20's comp to shreads.

I still can't get over that there is apparently some shirts going around Penrith saying 'I have seen Greg Waddell play' :lol:

Yeah I know mate, I was just kidding. :D
Poor bloke has been out for so long.
It will be good to see him all the same though, since I don't even know what the guy looks like! And I'll be able to cheer him on for his first game in a long time.

Must suck to have so much expectation on yourself, and I bet those shirts would make it even worse if they exist. :lol:

Hopefully in time he lives up to the hype and we can see a centre pairing of a fully fit and firing Jennings and Waddell. :D

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Yeah I know mate, I was just kidding. :D
Poor bloke has been out for so long.
It will be good to see him all the same though, since I don't even know what the guy looks like! And I'll be able to cheer him on for his first game in a long time.

Must suck to have so much expectation on yourself, and I bet those shirts would make it even worse if they exist. :lol:

Hopefully in time he lives up to the hype and we can see a centre pairing of a fully fit and firing Jennings and Waddell. :D

I have no doubt that if Waddell didnt have all these injuries he would have debuted in 2008 with Graham and Coote (all 3 are born in 1990) and would have established himself as Jennings centre partner by now.

abpanther

Staff member
Laurie and Graham will have fitness tests this week, if they pass they will play.

ME says Burns will play, Waterhouse is also a chance to play, 1-17 will definitely not be as listed for the Panthers

stormbati

Bench
I have no doubt that if Waddell didnt have all these injuries he would have debuted in 2008 with Graham and Coote (all 3 are born in 1990) and would have established himself as Jennings centre partner by now.
Im not too sure if he'll be as good as Jennings though. We'll see how he goes in toyota cup first. The injury could have an effect on how he plays for a while.

Kilkenny

Coach
Im not too sure if he'll be as good as Jennings though. We'll see how he goes in toyota cup first. The injury could have an effect on how he plays for a while.

Greg Waddell was or is a totally different player to Michael Jennings.

Brian Waldron (former Melbourne Storm CEO) made a statement some years ago now that Waddell was the best junior talent he had ever seen.

He hasn't matured or grown unlike Greg Inglis with whom there were some comparisons 3 years ago. He hasn't played any footy either.

There has to be serious doubts about Greg Waddell after almost three years of no footy due to injury.

Expectations he will play a handful of NYC and suddenly be ready for NRL are way of the mark.

stormbati

Bench
Greg Waddell was or is a totally different player to Michael Jennings.

Brian Waldron (former Melbourne Storm CEO) made a statement some years ago now that Waddell was the best junior talent he had ever seen.

He hasn't matured or grown unlike Greg Inglis with whom there were some comparisons 3 years ago. He hasn't played any footy either.

There has to be serious doubts about Greg Waddell after almost three years of no footy due to injury.

Expectations he will play a handful of NYC and suddenly be ready for NRL are way of the mark.

Fair enough, hope he develops into a first grader, my opinion on Matt Elliot is slowly changeing to maybe he just isnt a good coach.

abpanther

Staff member
Andrew Voss just reported that Waterhouse trained today and will train tomorrow, if all goes well he will play

abpanther

Staff member
Hasn't that been the story for the past 4 weeks though?

No, he hasn't trained for weeks, he trained yesterday and today, I'd say he's a pretty good shot of playing.

Then again I've been hoping that for a few weeks now.

Laurie will play for Windsor this weekend, rumours swirling that Burns and Graham may also be fit

bigfoot

Juniors
It's official, Waterhouse is IN :D, Pritchard moves to the bench and Cooper is OUT.

Which means Penrith run out as:

1. Lachlan Coote
2. Michael Gordon
3. Michael Jennings
4. Adrian Purtell
5. Brad Tighe
6. Luke Lewis
7. Luke Walsh
8. Tim Grant
9. Kevin Kingston
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Nathan Smith