What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | Heritage Round | Sun | Storm 38-0 Eels | AAMI

R5: MEL v PAR

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Parra Guru

Coach
Would be a miracle if we won this, considering the mismatch in the halves... but stranger things have happened.

BDGS

Bench
First time I have ever seen one of those match day graphics. I'm talking about the first one, the big one.

It looks amazing timmah.

Billythekid

First Grade
Always good facing parra. Hopefully its a high quality close game but i wont be sad if we do run up a big score;-).

Evenflow

Bench
Broncs V Knights or Dogs V Drags

I know it might be a bit hard to fathom Johnsy but not everyone takes the simplistic approach of deciding their game of the round based only on ladder positions, which is clear you have given you've chosen 4 of the top 5 teams.

Now this is just a theory but I'm tipping others might take past history, rivalries and obvious hatred between the 2 clubs into account etc not to mention in this case the master versus apprentice angle into account which just adds a more intriguing aspect to it.

I'm not even saying I think it's the match of the round, well for me it is in that my team is playing but from a purely unbiased RL fan I'd say the the Dogs v Stains is. We all have a different criteria on what we think the best game will be but it's hardly funny just because someone doesn't agree with your choice :sarcasm:

Oh and Storm by 12.

user_nat

Coach
I prefer these Storm jerseys with the player names on the back. Looks to plain without them.

Not exactly the greatest tackle by Hindmarsh. Cronk walks over. 6-0

Last edited:

user_nat

Coach
Blair in. 12 - 0

Smith golden run is continuing.

In comes the rain to ruin the standard of football..

Last edited:

Iafeta

Referee
Fairly clear cut penalty try I would have thought. Numpties up stairs have no idea whats going on.

Dragon

Coach
To beat Melbourne you have to build pressure and wear them out, its your only hope. Parra dont have it in them

New NRL rules:

1. A Storm player can legitimately hold back an opposition player's arm as he tries to score
2. Storm players can legitimately attack the head of an opposing players head
3. Storm players can slow down their opposition by laying all over them BUT the opposition can NOT do the same to the Storm.

stormbati

Bench
Great set pieces from Melbourne. They score every time they get in the 20! Mortimer is a massive weak link because I've never seen that play with Blair as a second man close to the line. So obviously created just for Mortimer.

Parraren

Bench
To beat Melbourne you have to build pressure and wear them out, its your only hope. Parra dont have it in them

Spot on mate.

Doesn't help when you get hammered by the refs but ultimately you're right, we don't have it in us. Yet.