What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | Prelim Final 2 | Sat | Storm v Warriors | AAMI

Grand Finalist?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Evenflow

Bench
The week off will hurt you.

The same thing comes up year after year and year after year that it's proven wrong. The fact is some clubs be it the coach/fitness coaches/players plan, handle and prepare for the week off very well and some clubs just don't. Given the Storm's record after a week off it's very safe to say we're in the former category.

In all honesty the week off it the least of my worries towards this game and i sure as shit would prefer to face a team like the Warriors with fresh legs and full of running as opposed to coming off a tough game the week before. I can't see this game being anything but a close one with only a single figure margin in it to either team but i actually think it's that week off that will allow us to run out the full 80 minutes a bit stronger than a Warriors team that will have had to cross the ditch 6 times in only 3 weeks. Time will tell soon enough either way. Storm by 6.

ozbash

Referee
The same thing comes up year after year and year after year that it's proven wrong. The fact is some clubs be it the coach/fitness coaches/players plan, handle and prepare for the week off very well and some clubs just don't. Given the Storm's record after a week off it's very safe to say we're in the former category.

In all honesty the week off it the least of my worries towards this game and i sure as shit would prefer to face a team like the Warriors with fresh legs and full of running as opposed to coming off a tough game the week before. I can't see this game being anything but a close one with only a single figure margin in it to either team but i actually think it's that week off that will allow us to run out the full 80 minutes a bit stronger than a Warriors team that will have had to cross the ditch 6 times in only 3 weeks. Time will tell soon enough either way. Storm by 6.

not only the physical effects of the week off but particularly the psychological drama of 'getting back into it' .

Doomednow

Bench
No love for the cheats and it wouldn't be any fun backing them anyway.

It'll be tough, but a Warriors v. Broncos GF would be epic. Lockyer's last game (in case you didn't know :sarcasm:) v a hard fought maiden premiership from a team few thought could do it in a rematch to prove themselves.

COME ON WARRIORS YOU PLUCKY LITTLE f**kERS.

Butters

Bench
Oh no not the dreaded week off! It's been so cruel to Melbourne in the past what with all their prelim final losses after the week off. Oh wait... :lol:

skeepe

Immortal
I picked this as the grand final months out from the finals. Unfortunately they ended up on the same side of the draw, making my tip impossible, but this is the next best thing.

I fancy the Warriors to take this out, and the grand final too.

devoid

Juniors
Yeah, Melbourne might be fresh after their week off, but I remember we took a week off up at Brisbane to freshen up for the Tigers... :sarcasm:

Another stat - this is the third consecutive flight to Australia for us. Hoping for a fourth.

josh1111

Juniors
Hope the Storm get smashed, hate the Storm. Nothing but a bunch of cheats who have done nothing but attempt to make the great game boring with their slow the game down tactics. The most boring and frustrating team to watch, and they have a bloke by the name of Slater in the side so that saying something. Hope they get beat by 20.

devoid

Juniors
Interesting comments by Billy Slater - he is aiming to have as much possession as us, and as much territory as us. If stats are 50/50, I would back us, TBH.

Hope the Storm get smashed, hate the Storm. Nothing but a bunch of cheats who have done nothing but attempt to make the great game boring with their slow the game down tactics. The most boring and frustrating team to watch, and they have a bloke by the name of Slater in the side so that saying something. Hope they get beat by 20.

Yawn...5 years too late.

Goddy

Juniors
If the Warriors win this, it will be the biggest boilover this season; I hate both teams so I really don't give a toss who wins, but I'll say Storm by 12.

natheel

Coach
I think if warriors arnt lethargic and r on their game they can beat anyone. They have a dangerous side (so do storm) but I think warriors will win by 8.

I think storm could go into this one thinking they have it before it began