What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R14 | Sun | Warriors 22-26 Tigers | Mt Smart #nrlwarwes

R14: WAR v WST

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

no name

Coach
Benji threw the football at them. That's what set it off. And for what? A minor shove for being a smartarse? He's a child.

A minor shove? He was already over the dead ball line, it was only ever going to end badly with Benji either getting injured or reacting the way he did.

Packer was nowhere near the play and pulled off some Thaiday-esque heroics.

CJG 182

Juniors
McKinnon throws a forward pass. Ignored.
Next play (eerily similar to last weeks farcical display) the warriors get penalised for Gibbs starting a push & shove.

Poor tigers.

_addict

Juniors
Back to back weeks the tigers have had the game handed to the by the refs and it's disgusting.

That's one dumb post. In this weeks game the ref's didn't gift no-one nuthin'.

Heck of a weird game but. Falcons galore, swings, umpteen missed Malony conversions. A forward delivering a Benji to Benji, and even midget Locke putting in a ''smashed 'em bro'"

You're a nuffy. Last week was a bit suss but this week the Tigers couldn't buy a penalty mate. The Warriors had all the ruck play and more of the 50/50's.

We incurred a number of penalties in the first half as a result of our ill-discipline in the ruck. In the second half we cleaned up our act. I don't think the ref had any bearing on the outcome of the game.

Ladmate

Bench
Mateo always carves us up. Good win Tigers. Can't believe Warriors lost.
And that last try (?) for the Warriors, I thought the last pass went forward. Doesn't really matter now, but I don't see how the Tigers were handed the game.

Last edited:

JT_

Juniors
Mateo always carves us up. Good win Tigers. Can't believe Warriors won

And that last try (?) for the Warriors, I thought the last pass went forward. Doesn't really matter now, but I don't see how the Tigers were handed the game.

Huh?!

MacDougall

First Grade
We incurred a number of penalties in the first half as a result of our ill-discipline in the ruck. In the second half we cleaned up our act. I don't think the ref had any bearing on the outcome of the game.

Only because they were crap for both teams. Missed multiple forward passes on both sides, called knock ons when there weren't any. Just another week with lame reffing.

Doomednow

Bench
A minor shove? He was already over the dead ball line, it was only ever going to end badly with Benji either getting injured or reacting the way he did.

Packer was nowhere near the play and pulled off some Thaiday-esque heroics.

It was tiny. Limp wristed, half hearted shove to say "yeah yeah good on you, smartarse." Benji gets his panties in a knot and throws the ball right at him. He's always having a cry.

Not excusing Warriors players running halfway across the field to join in, but f**k me he's a baby. Great player, just has a really unlikable attitude.

Only because they were crap for both teams. Missed multiple forward passes on both sides, called knock ons when there weren't any. Just another week with lame reffing.

The only forward pass consistently picked up by the refs is the inside ball to the flying outside back. It's as if the refs are following a directive that marginal passes will be deemed forward. I wish they would apply the same level of scrutiny to passes thrown from dummy half.

no name

Coach
It was tiny. Limp wristed, half hearted shove to say "yeah yeah good on you, smartarse." Benji gets his panties in a knot and throws the ball right at him. He's always having a cry.

Not excusing Warriors players running halfway across the field to join in, but f**k me he's a baby. Great player, just has a really unlikable attitude.

He ended up hitting the sign, it was unnecessary. If he doesn't push him, the ball doesn't get thrown. I don't think Benji did anything wrong.

Doomednow

Bench
He ended up hitting the sign, it was unnecessary. If he doesn't push him, the ball doesn't get thrown. I don't think Benji did anything wrong.

Being a smartarse in the first place was unneccessary. If he can't hack a gentle acknowledgement that he is, in fact, a smartarse then he needs to grow up. Any adult would have laughed that off.

I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree though.

Eddie.

Bench
These were the 2 sides at the start of the season I picked to play in the Grand Final. I didn't tip either in the Tpp 3-4 because they frustrate their fans with inconsistent efforts during the regular season. However both sides have the talent and the audacity to win a 4 week comp in Semptember. Both these sides could beat the Dragons or a Manly when things are sticking and going their way. A thrilling game of football, and a much needed one in this middle of the season grind where teams are playing half strength in most cases.

innsaneink

Referee
These were the 2 sides at the start of the season I picked to play in the Grand Final. I didn't tip either in the Tpp 3-4 because they frustrate their fans with inconsistent efforts during the regular season. However both sides have the talent and the audacity to win a 4 week comp in Semptember. Both these sides could beat the Dragons or a Manly when things are sticking and going their way. A thrilling game of football, and a much needed one in this middle of the season grind where teams are playing half strength in most cases.
Both games today were very exciting however the latter didnt have the refs influience of the first
Nice change tho

kay

Juniors
can't believe how Beau Ryan has conned everyone with the put down of the last try. He had no downward pressure can be seen from the sideon angles, particularly when watched in real time (from any angle).
from the front on angle when they slowed it down it was deceptive that he had his hand on the ball, but it was a bounce/chuck.
Locke wanted to pick it up and run it back.

MacDougall

First Grade
I agree, I've seen multiple replays of it now and there's no way in the world there was any downward pressure on it, and there also appeared to be separation.

I still think the Tigers would have finished over the top of the Warriors but one can never be sure.

no name

Coach
The rule has changed, you don't need downward pressure.

I don't reckon there was separation but.

Big Pete

Referee
Really enjoyed the game, easily one of the best if not the best of the season.

Not a fan of Marshall's aggro behaviour lately. He should know better than to retaliate to that push. Champion player though, at his best nobody can touch him.

Latest posts