What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R17 | Fri | Eels 12-16 Broncos | Parramatta #nrlparbri

R17: PAR v BRI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Snappy

Coach
If Hayne was playing Parra would of won by 20. Refs and poor options by Parra made the Broncos win

But he wasnt cause of origin. so if he was in and so were broncos orgin players, it would have been no contest broncs by a mile.

AuDragon

Juniors
If Hayne was playing Parra would of won by 20. Refs and poor options by Parra made the Broncos win
Yeah, because he's better than Lockyer, Hodges, Yow Yeh, Thaiday, Parker and Hannant put together... :crazy:
Lol at the refs remark. You do know what the penalty count was, don't you? :sarcasm:

Pretty happy with the scrappy win, especially because the youngsters fought hard for it and wanted it more against a team who lacks, well... everything!

Feel for Hindy though, and definitely can understand his anger and frustration. Only he and Burt were up to standard. Amazing that Tits and Chooks manage to be worse than this Eels outfit...

With the bye and Tits next, we're looking good for a potential top 4 finish.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah, because he's better than Lockyer, Hodges, Yow Yeh, Thaiday, Parker and Hannant put together...

It's not that he's better than all those blokes combined but that the people we have to replace him are so much worse than the guys who replaced Brisbane's Origin reps.

The Broncos have always had a lower grade production line and the sooner there's a second team in Brisbane the better it will be for everybody. Except the Broncos.

AuDragon

Juniors
It's not that he's better than all those blokes combined but that the people we have to replace him are so much worse than the guys who replaced Brisbane's Origin reps.

The Broncos have always had a lower grade production line and the sooner there's a second team in Brisbane the better it will be for everybody. Except the Broncos.
Fair points, but we still had to replace 6 guys and you only one.
Still lolling at the 20 pts though... :lol:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Fair points, but we still had to replace 6 guys and you only one.

We also have Mannah in Origin and a couple of injuries and two halves in the NSW Residents 'rep' team but you're right; on paper both clubs with their best 17, you would have killed us.

Still lolling at the 20 pts though... :lol:

Had Hayne played I reckon we might have. He's worth that much to this team, and if we'd been able to score with all that early possession your young blokes wouldn't have gained so much confidence.

As you say, the reason Hayne didn't play was the same reason all your blokes didn't play. But knowing Ricky Stuart, Jennings and Morris will pass their fitness tests and Hayne won't play Origin anyway.

AuDragon

Juniors
We also have Mannah in Origin and a couple of injuries and two halves in the NSW Residents 'rep' team but you're right; on paper both clubs with their best 17, you would have killed us.

Had Hayne played I reckon we might have. He's worth that much to this team, and if we'd been able to score with all that early possession your young blokes wouldn't have gained so much confidence.

As you say, the reason Hayne didn't play was the same reason all your blokes didn't play. But knowing Ricky Stuart, Jennings and Morris will pass their fitness tests and Hayne won't play Origin anyway.
Yeah, I forgot about Mannah, and Hayne is definitely worth points of course, but 20? I doubt it against a full strenght Broncos, which is the only comparison I can make, since the missing players are all missing for the same reason.

It's all academic anyway, as you nearly won a game against an almost full strenght Dragons, who are still the benchmark of the comp atm, and just lost to the youngest team to play NRL this season...

natheel

Coach
it was a cripple fight tonight

positives to come out of it for my team was:

reni maitua

that is all

natheel

Coach
And if our 6 were playing we would have won by 12.

so your 6 rep players are 8 points wosre than Hayne? come on Nat...dont be silly.

hayne lost to f**king mccrone last week....

sadly my team are also rans this year...bring on 2012

broncos on the other hand will make the 8 and probs go close to scaring the eventual premiers in the preliminary final

Meth

Staff member
I can hardly comment because the Warriors are just as bad, but Parra were a rabble. They had so many opportunities to score that they didn't capitalize on. I really feel for Hindmarsh- puts in a massive effort every week and hardly ever gets the support that the rest of that mob should be inspired to provide. Moimoi and Horo have a go, but that's about it.

Gillett MOM for mine.

isaiah

Bench

i just love it when you are watching a different game to what i just watched. refs were all the home team when it mattered. if hayne played we would have had 6 hayne's, lol

We were abysmal but full credit to the Broncos - they turned up with the right attitude, were well prepared and really deserved the win. They were the better team all night and on reflection I think it would have been an injustice if we won. Thier side in a few years is going to be so good it is scary.

In saying that, we are a rabble. Kearney has done very little to turn us around. Even when we were in attack, there was no organisation whatsoever. Matt Keating is useless, too many times our forwards were not keen to run the ball and we don't seem to have any plays. The sooner this season is over the better. The only positive was Maitua.

Snappy

Coach
I I really feel for Hindmarsh- puts in a massive effort every week and hardly ever gets the support that the rest of that mob should be inspired to provide. Moimoi and Horo have a go, but that's about it.

I also thought Moimoi had awesome game last night. He was making metres with ease. In fact Eels easily won the battle of the forwards, and were steamrolling us up the middle most sets.
How they didnt convert that field position into points says a bit about Eels attack, but the Broncs young guns did scramble very well with goal line defence.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Tigers without marshall would go close

Tigers at least have Farah who can create. That extra option takes so much pressure off your main playmaker.

I think Hayne will go to a new level with Sandow at the club. With his better short kicking game, I'd say Sandow will become the main guy at the Eels, freeing Hayne up to attack the line.