What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R4 | Sat | Eels 22-20 Cowboys | Parramatta

R4: PAR v NQL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good game thus far.

6f58e97911thusly.jpg.jpg

Noa

First Grade
Great game to watch, Anthony Mitchell look good amongst others.

Eels look to be a class 6 (they could live with Robson, Mortimer lacks punch) from being amongst the better sides imo.

boxhead

First Grade
Great game, very close throughout most of the 80 minutes. We are lucky to win there, comes down to the always reliable Luke Burt. Three conversions from the side-line and two tries, also now our leading try-scorer of all time!

boxhead

First Grade
I agree with that Noa on both fronts, Anthony Mitchell looked very threatening when he came on and didn't put a foot wrong. Mortimer does need to step up, he looked decent tonight but he needs to keep improving. I thought Robson was very solid.

Didn't Carl Webb do well?

beave

Coach
I don't know why you guys think Webb went well. He made one decent tackle that led to a knock on, and made one decent hit up. I suppose though that is a lot for him..................

and to add, he got replaced after 7 mins after half time............. oh yeah he's fit alright. Pardon my skepticism but if he couldn't get up for this game (first for his new club AND against his old team) then god knows what can motivate him.

Y2Eel

First Grade
I don't know why you guys think Webb went well. He made one decent tackle that led to a knock on, and made one decent hit up. I suppose though that is a lot for him..................

and to add, he got replaced after 7 mins after half time............. oh yeah he's fit alright. Pardon my skepticism but if he couldn't get up for this game (first for his new club AND against his old team) then god knows what can motivate him.

Webb was better then any of the cowboys bench players... I aint a fan but when he came on in the first half he brought alot of enthusiasm...

beave

Coach
I don't know, Segerayo made some good scoots.

Regardless, as I said, if he can't get up for this game then nothing will get him up. Trust me mate, after watching him for 6 years destroy us late in games with stupid mistakes and penalties, that's about as good (tonight)as it gets for Webb I'm afraid.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Ashley Graham again.

I'm truly at my wits end with this bloke and his supporters (the most prominent being Neil Henry). The simple fact is - and it is one I've been reiterating for some time now - is that his mistakes at crucial moments always cost NQ points. He is a constant target and teams know that if they don't get him the first time, they'll get him eventually.

I don't want to hear any more nonsense about how he can 'find the tryline' or 'does the hard work hitting up the ball' or 'doesn't get turned over in a tackle'. It's all just a smokescreen. This player will make the crucial mistakes at key moments which can turn a match. It has happened too many times now for it not to be a coincidence.

I'm so disappointed right now.

aussies1st

Staff member
Been a great week of matches so far, this one and the Souths game were awesome to watch.

Shorty

Staff member
Ashley Graham again.

I'm truly at my wits end with this bloke and his supporters (the most prominent being Neil Henry). The simple fact is - and it is one I've been reiterating for some time now - is that his mistakes at crucial moments always cost NQ points. He is a constant target and teams know that if they don't get him the first time, they'll get him eventually.

I don't want to hear any more nonsense about how he can 'find the tryline' or 'does the hard work hitting up the ball' or 'doesn't get turned over in a tackle'. It's all just a smokescreen. This player will make the crucial mistakes at key moments which can turn a match. It has happened too many times now for it not to be a coincidence.

I'm so disappointed right now.
Ok love settle down.
I believe that Henry will wield the ax again after tonight, because one of the positives this year is that the team is really putting in and the liabilities in our time are getting more obvious.

I agree with you, I like Ash and I disagree with his treatment by some fans at times, but teams are targeting him and we need to get rid of it.
Winterstein will be in the team next week.

Mind you Thurston could have kicked better.