What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | Origin 1 | Wed | NSW 10-18 QLD | Etihad

ORIGIN I WINNER: NSW or QLD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BunniesMan

Immortal
My thoughts:

The refereeing:
Firstly, the sin bin was disgraceful. What Jennings did happens in nearly every Origin game. Harden the f**k up.

As for the Inglis try, I realise I'm certainly in the minority but I don't see why it's such a big deal. He didn't lose control of it because of a knock on, he lost control of it because it was kicked out of his hands. Can anyone with a straight face really say he would have dropped it if it wasn't kicked? Even Ricky Stuart said it was a try in the press conference.

As for the game overall, Slater probably had the worst game of his origin career. Carney had a shocker, another 2 games like that and he won't be playing Origin next year. He's a big confidence player I'm curious if this game will affect him for Cronulla.

Uate was terrible. He might be the best attacking winger in the game but fmd he let in 2 tries with disgraceful positioning in defense. Defensively he was simply not at origin standard.

Farah was surprisingly good. I expected him to be awful but he really played well. WTF was the point of playing Buhrer? Such a waste of a bench spot and an interchange rotation.

Inglis breaks an all time record at the age of 25, I reckon whatever he sets it at when he's done, it'll never be broken.

Gallen, as a forward, was excellent. A candidate for man of the match IMO. But he is a shit captain. Captains have to be smart, he's never come across as a smart bloke. We're down by 2 and he goes for a kick from 40m out by a bloke who just missed an easy conversation. That was one of the worst choices by a captain I've ever seen. Even if he makes it it's 12-12, a draw does no good coz if the series finishes 1-1 it means nothing because they're reigning champions.

We had all the momentum and he killed it with that decision. Take the captaincy off him. Make him keep doing what he's doing as a forward because he was great today, but as a captain, hopeless.

tomdl

Bench
Hahaha this is going to be f**king hysterical. Can't wait to hear more reasons as to why NSW lost. Continue the hilarity please, New South Whales fans.

Would also like to know how Tate was not man of the match. He was f**king impressive.

Last edited:

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
The rule was brought in to stop players sliding in with their feet soccer style to knock the ball out (which is fair enough). What happened tonight was a totally different situation, Inglis basically planted the ball on Farah's boot, and whether Farah played at the ball or not should be totally irrelevant.

Dropped ball, knock on every day of the week.

Chainshada

Juniors
Both the other QLD tries came from dubious decisions as well. How the hell was Jennings the only player in the bin? How the hell was birds tackle a penalty?

Let's see..Jennings ran in, jumped above a team mate and punched someone who wasn't aware of his presence in the side of the head..If that had happened to Hayne he would have either collapsed on the ground knocked out, or pretending to be knocked out.

And Bird..You see there's this thing in Rugby League that when you tip a player upside down and drop him into the ground, you get penalised.

blacklock

Juniors
The rule was brought in to stop players sliding in with their feet soccer style to knock the ball out (which is fair enough). What happened tonight was a totally different situation, Inglis basically planted the ball on Farah's boot, and whether Farah played at the ball or not should be totally irrelevant.

Dropped ball, knock on every day of the week.
i get your sentiment but...farrah did go for it with his boot. his foot was in the air when he connected with the ball...also you can tell he was playing at it by the fact, as he was falling away he was still reaching with his boot.

i guess its a fine line between protecting players from tackles using the legs, but when it comes to these sorts of tries...just doesnt look right. but i get why they awarded it.

aqua_duck

Coach
Let's see..Jennings ran in, jumped above a team mate and punched someone who wasn't aware of his presence in the side of the head..If that had happened to Hayne he would have either collapsed on the ground knocked out, or pretending to be knocked out.

And Bird..You see there's this thing in Rugby League that when you tip a player upside down and drop him into the ground, you get penalised.

Upside down on his back?

The Joker

Juniors
That Bowraville kid won the game without the ball . . . His inside decoy runs had his fellow NSW players spooked

bileduct

Coach
Well well, according to Ricky Stuart, Bill Harrigan has admitted that the video ref made a mistake.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
The Bird tackle was a first class back slam. Haven't seen anyone mention Thurston's lovely dive in the first half when Hayne have him a little love tap. When Carney missed touch with his penalty kick and Qld were running it back, Rabs was still waffling on with some dreary anecdote until Sterling brought it to his attention. Wally said "dictate terms". At half time Sterlo said we were about to see a special preview of Prometheus, then they played the same trailer that had already been shown in every commercial break. Anyway it was a good game, certainly not the death of Origin, but they do need some more experienced refs for the next games.

some11

Referee
is such a thing even possible

144a2oz.gif

tomdl

Bench
The real tragedy of this game is Brent Tate not being awarded MOM.

This. Was amazing to see how f**king good he still is after all the set backs he has suffered. Not sure what game whoever was selecting MOM were watching to not give it to him.

Pugzley

That's fine with me. Inglis lost control and the ball hit the NSW player's foot. It didn't look like it went forward so Inglis regathers the ball and scores. Try.

Bad luck to us.

Latest posts