What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R13 | Mon | Eels 29-20 Sharks | Parramatta

Round 13 result: Eels v Sharks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bartman

Immortal
I have faith in the players Nath, they've all proved they can play last year, and in selected games this year. The current coach just isn't giving them the reason to, or able to focus them and pull them together imo, which is a shame.

There's only a few of our grade players left unsigned for next season, so whether we offer contracts probably just depends on whether we can recruit anyone, rather than how we play. If we can't recruit, we offer extensions to those players we already have (Poore, Fuifui), if they're interested in staying. (But for all we know, those two may have already got somewhere else lined up given how things have been this year...)

Patorick

Staff member
Sensing an upset.

Or the cold weather is going to my head.

One or the other.

Eelectrica

Referee
I'm sitting at 6/6 so far this round (as I'd imagine most people would be) and picked the Sharks. So Parra are damn near certainties - This round has yet to produce an upset...

blacklock

Juniors
mark my words....

eels to start on fire. full of grunt...hitting it up hard and tackling hard. 15-20 in, if they havent scored and gone ahead by 12 points, they get ground down and outpointed.

if the sharks score once or twice first...eels never recover. they need an early lead and keep it.

BunniesMan

Immortal
The thing is, the Eels don't recover when they're behind and they still lose when they're leading for most of the game. They just can't find a win.

Still tipping them to do it tonight.

Grapple

Bench
-Hayne to get 3 tries.
-Sandow to shoulder charge Bukuya and break all his ribs, but also crucially miss the FG at the end to win it when it's charged down by Pomeroy to run 90m to score as the siren sounds.
-Kearney to meet up with Carney after the game and get on the piss then go round to Greg Bird's house to get some extra beer glasses.

blacklock

Juniors
The thing is, the Eels don't recover when they're behind and they still lose when they're leading for most of the game. They just can't find a win.

Still tipping them to do it tonight.
agreed... i think the cold weather might be conducive to tight games. i think the eels only hope is if the sharks attack isnt flowing and they commit unforced errors. lately the sharks havent been firing smoothly. just the other day i was telling my friend that i felt theyve gotten distracted and perhaps buying the hype (well deserved mind you!) of their position and winning streak.

if they get back to that solid defense...eels are no chance. the first half hr should say alot about how the game will pan out. i think the eels may also suffer with the issues regarding their coach. sounds like he is on the way out...and i dont think the players really want to keep him there.

Latest posts