What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R3 | Fri | Knights 10-24 Broncos | Hunter

Round 3 result: Knights v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lockyno1

Post Whore
Good win from the the Bronx in a drop-a-thon

That is one way to put it....honestly that was shocking...the positive is that we have 4 points and we threw the game away last week, so it shows that post Lockyer we still have points (that was the one worry I had). That said we are one Hodges injury (please don't get injured) away from the spoon!

Apey

Staff member
we were f**king hopeless, lol. Broncos looked much slicker but still had their own issues.

.. and Hodges.

2 Newcastle breaks in a row by slow players. Luckily.

WTB Uate in the clear instead of Houston and Taia :crazy:

isaiah

Bench
That is one way to put it....honestly that was shocking...the positive is that we have 4 points and we threw the game away last week, so it shows that post Lockyer we still have points (that was the one worry I had). That said we are one Hodges injury (please don't get injured) away from the spoon!

no, no, no, no no

top 4 side easily beating bottom 4 side without even playing at their best

Hutty1986

Immortal
Probably didn't feel like it, but there was actually more errors in the other game tonight.

Yep, plenty of mistakes in both games! Looks like it'll be a while before Newie click. Even without Locky, Brissy will win a lot of the key moments with guys like Hodges, Gillett, etc all playing well

dogslife

Coach
Yes we do.

F**k Ch. 9

What for? For putting 90% of your games on Friday night? For getting the home team to put the game back an hour to pander to the away teams supporters? For having a sideline commentator who for all intents and purposes doesn't know there's two teams playing?

dogslife

Coach
Only thing I could imagine you having a problem with would be having to put up with Raaaaay every week. I'd let him whisper sweet nothings in my ear until I fell asleep every night if it meant my team got some more fta time

Big Pete

Referee
Fair question user.

Sick of their ADHD producer showing us shots of the interchange bench when Brisbane are deep on the opposition line. Worse, they missed a try because they had to cut to an ad at every possible chance. The presentation was dreadful and we were without a scoreboard for the majority of the second half.

Saddling us with a crap commentary team that spends more time calling forward passes than player's names correctly and wouldn't know how to engross you with the game.

And of course the scheduling. Give us a Sunday for once.

Last edited:

dogslife

Coach
Mate they're pretty minor gripes at best. To be fair, that try they missed was due to Cuthbertson going down wasn't it, I think they cut to break when it was apparent he was going off, but he got back up and they scored 1 play later. And as bad as it sounds, Raaaay and Sterlo are a better option than those geriatrics Rabs and Gus. But I do feel sorry you lot don't get Sunday games :roll:

Big Pete

Referee
Cool story dogslife.

Really like the way our forwards played tonight, Petero added a lot to our formation in the opening exchanges, Hannant was good all-round, McGuire showed some great foot-work before the line and Gillett is just a weapon. If they can work on their support game, the Broncs will do alright this season. Too much one out crap at the moment.

Cheops

Juniors
Was Mcmanus not in the in-goal area when he caught the ball before his try meaning it should have been a mandatory 20-metre tap? Or are the refs allowed to play advantage in that situation?

perverse

Referee
come on, don't take the McManus try away from us, too. seeing him finally show a bit of pace and actually outrun someone was the highlight of my night.

user_nat

Coach
Was Mcmanus not in the in-goal area when he caught the ball before his try meaning it should have been a mandatory 20-metre tap? Or are the refs allowed to play advantage in that situation?

Pretty sure they play advantage for that.

Big Pete

Referee
Have they changed that rule? Because I remember a lot of controversy a couple of years back involving Michael Gordon from Penrith.

Pretty sure it's always going to be a 20m restart.