What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R3 | Sun | Panthers 24-40 Rabbitohs | Centrebet

Round 3 result: Panthers v Rabbitohs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Caged Panther

First Grade
I found the refereeing frustratingly inconsistent but all credit to souths we were outplayed in every aspect. Hard to believe with defence like that we managed to keep a team to nil last week.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
f**k you Souths. I live in Tonga. Tipping is hard enough when you don't see the games without your rabble being so inconsistent in their form.

soc123_au

Staff member
Well played 50uff$. I didnt think we were that bad to be honest. Just outplayed. Inglis, Taylor & Sutton played their best games in quite a while. We should still towel up the Eels next week. I still think we will be closer to the 8 than the spoon, I cant see us being much of a threat to the top teams though.

BranVan3000

Coach
f**k you Souths. I live in Tonga. Tipping is hard enough when you don't see the games without your rabble being so inconsistent in their form.
I think we've played pretty consistently, lost a game we were the better team in for round 1. Were the lesser team against the Storm but played consistently. Round 3 is that form finally paying dividends. Moving Inglis to FB and Luke back to starting hooker brought our attack back in line too.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Finally. This is what happens when we play to our potential and all of our key players perform in the same game.

Burgess, Taylor, Luke, Inglis, Sutton.

There is simply too much talent in this team to lose more games than we win.

Yes we are 1-2 atm but this is a vastly improved team from last season. Reynolds had his breakout game and he's already more consistent than the bloke he replaced.

Hiring Maguire is the best decision we've made since the start of the Crowe era.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
I think we've played pretty consistently, lost a game we were the better team in for round 1. Were the lesser team against the Storm but played consistently. Round 3 is that form finally paying dividends. Moving Inglis to FB and Luke back to starting hooker brought our attack back in line too.

Merely the grumbles of a discouraged tipper after a frustrating weekend.

Not seeing the games make tipping form so much harder...

BranVan3000

Coach
You forgot to mention that we have the Premiership wrapped up for the next couple of years Bunniesman.

And that we are guaranteed to put 40 on every team this year

And that they will give Reynolds the Dally M. And then shortly after rename the award to the Adam R. award for all future years

BunniesMan

Immortal
f**k me dead, souffs score 40 and farrell still does nothing
Strange obsession you have there with Dyl.
You forgot to mention that we have the Premiership wrapped up for the next couple of years Bunniesman.

And that we are guaranteed to put 40 on every team this year

And that they will give Reynolds the Dally M. And then shortly after rename the award to the Adam R. award for all future years
I do think we are good enough to go all the way if we play like we did today.

BDR

First Grade
Luke needs to play 80 if souffs are a chance this year.

Don't know why he was brought off the bench in the first two games

BranVan3000

Coach
Luke needs to play 80 if souffs are a chance this year.

Don't know why he was brought off the bench in the first two games
To give Peats a go. I think Peats is good but has a lot to learn if he wants to be a first grade hooker. Probably better service to the halves but a bit too slow off the mark

pantherz9103

First Grade
To be honest I don't think we've got the personnel right now to really worry a good side when they are on. That Souths team with their talent- Inglis, Burgess, Taylor etc, if only they could find consistency for once they should definately be top 8 and a smokey for top 4. I expected a better effort today from the Pink Panthers but maybe they were just outplayed. Hopefully they'll bounce back against Parramatta in the Friday Night 'blockbuster' :roll:

Noa

First Grade
He didn't play the first. I liked he wasn't playing with the blinkers on today though.

Bunnies could probably do with a fensom type in the pack, maybe peats could fill that role. If they tighten up late in games and leave gi at fullback they could go along way.

the dude

Juniors
We certainly have looked like a better team this year than last year imo. Hopefully that translates to a couple more wins than last yr and a spot in the top 8.. If the big players like Burgess, Taylor, Inglis and Sutton can stay healthy we'll be in with a shot come the end of the year

benntash

Juniors
Full credit to the bunnies, they turned up for 80mins for a change. Bit disappointed with our effort. Few soft try's early on and the game was over. I think both sides have a chance at the 8 IMO. Well done bunnies, a deserved win

age.s

First Grade
Yeah well played Souffs. That looked very difficult to stop and we were the inferior side for most of the game. I'm still skeptical that Souffs will produce that consistently though. If there's anything consistent about Sutton, Taylor and Luke it's that they're inconsistent performers, and when your halfback is a talented youngster in his first year that can be trouble. Inglis looked very good at FB though, the extra room really seemed to help him and if he stays fit will really add something your team has been missing for years.

As for us I don't really know how to take that. We were totally outgunned but I felt like it would have been worse in previous years. A couple of tries were crazy efforts (Etheringham, Taylors first), so I think we hung in there well. Still I think it shows we might not yet be a team able to stick it out with the bigger guns.