What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | ALL STARS, Feb 9 | Indigenous 32-6 NRL | Suncorp

Who will win All Stars 2013?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joker's Wild

Coach
I don't think Reynolds has done anything to really push for the spot. But he is one year in, that simple. Why people are talking about him in a Blues jersey already is just from desperation

I agree with you, those picking him for NSW are just hoping he is a better option than Pearce

Sadly he is not

Country Bronco

Juniors
I was at the game.Some Thoughts. I agree Nrl All Stars halves had a poor night. Reynolds was perhaps overawed by the occasion but will be better for experience. SKD and Uate were exposed for their defensive flaws. Barba will definately play for Queensland this year. Ryan James and Nathan Peats were surprisingly good. Indigenous pack held its own against more formidable opponent and its backline had too much class. Quarters don't work neither does other rule changes as it only confuses people. Highlight George Rose's shoulder charge.

Parra Pride

Coach
What's with the numbers on the shoulders?

Late reply, but I don't think anyone actually answered this, as far as I know the numbers on the shoulders reflect what number player they are for each respective side, for example, the first ever player to play fullback for the Allstars will always have the number 1 on their shoulder, while the second fullback would have 21 on his shoulder.

HankScorpio

Juniors
Late reply, but I don't think anyone actually answered this, as far as I know the numbers on the shoulders reflect what number player they are for each respective side, for example, the first ever player to play fullback for the Allstars will always have the number 1 on their shoulder, while the second fullback would have 21 on his shoulder.

I think it's just the order picked. So the first person picked EVER wears 1 regardless of position. Anyone debuting this year would be up in the 30's.

I could be wrong.

kdalymc

Bench
Yeah I think it's like the cricket numbers they get on their hats yeah?
Except its a big stupid patch on their shoulder...

natheel

Coach

Nah it's in what order they were picked for the side

Because smith and thurston both have 1 on their shoulders. As they were the first of their respective side. Jarryd hayne was number 20 (20th player picked for all stars)

SuperiorEasts

Juniors
Nah it's in what order they were picked for the side

Because smith and thurston both have 1 on their shoulders. As they were the first of their respective side. Jarryd hayne was number 20 (20th player picked for all stars)

Basically their cap number, just like in regular NRL sides... It's not a hard concept to understand

Big Pete

Referee
I was at the game.Some Thoughts. I agree Nrl All Stars halves had a poor night. Reynolds was perhaps overawed by the occasion but will be better for experience. SKD and Uate were exposed for their defensive flaws. Barba will definately play for Queensland this year. Ryan James and Nathan Peats were surprisingly good. Indigenous pack held its own against more formidable opponent and its backline had too much class. Quarters don't work neither does other rule changes as it only confuses people. Highlight George Rose's shoulder charge.

It's interesting that you mention Peats.

Like Prince, I thought he got better as the game wore on but I really thought his stints at hooker exposed him a bit. Thought he threw the worst pass of the game as well - arguably the worst I've ever seen.

Think Souths need to use him exclusively as a ball playing backrow from now on.

BranVan3000

Coach
It's interesting that you mention Peats.

Like Prince, I thought he got better as the game wore on but I really thought his stints at hooker exposed him a bit. Thought he threw the worst pass of the game as well - arguably the worst I've ever seen.

Think Souths need to use him exclusively as a ball playing backrow from now on.
Tamou threw the worst pass of the game, right out the back into an Indigenous players hands. Though I think it was Robinson who threw one jut as bad to Hayne which led to a try.

Peats is a good hooker, he was running a lot of the plays. Ultimately I can see him as one of our potential replacements for Crocker though

Big Pete

Referee
Ferguson actually.

Those pass choices were indeed horrible but Peats' delivery of the pass was abysmal. His service and running game from dummy half just isn't up to standard.

Latest posts