What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | R1 | Thu | Roosters 10-28 Rabbitohs | Allianz

Round 1: Roosters v Rabbitohs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DoggiesBroke

Juniors
Fine performance by the Rabittohs tonight. They look as though they've done the right things in the off season and are now set for a big year.

Red Bear

Referee
G.burgess was bloody massive tonight

I saw him a few times for norths and he was deadset ordinary
I saw him quite alot for Norths and thought he was bloody excellent. Not flashy but made alot of metres.

The exact way to develop a good prop forward though, get them playing in reserve grade, a level where they wont dominate purely on size (ala under 20's).

Seemed a reasonable game from what I saw at work.

Roosters need to fix their discipline. Alot of new players, they'll come good I think.

super_coach

First Grade
They looked a lot sharper when Mortimer came on,and that is a worry because he is a very average footballer.

Geohood

Bench
Penalty after penalty after penalty.. Ended up doing too much tackling and couldn't get enough cohesion happening under pressure first game up.. Gave ourselves no chance.

Penalty after penalty after penalty.. Ended up doing too much tackling and couldn't get enough cohesion happening under pressure first game up.. Gave ourselves no chance.

If you guys can get your shit together discipline wise, you will be a good side. No team can win without the ball and if you get your share of ball, you have the arsenal to do some damage. Discipline will be key.

That's assuming he doesn't shit himself when he see's the fullback coming at him every week.

In fairness to Jennings, not every fullback is 110kg's. Everyone saw what he did to Young on the end of a break last year... You'd be mad not to be looking for him.

BranVan3000

Coach

I'd be worried that nothing has changed under a couple of Smith protégés - Robinson and Taylor.

If you had told me you guys had the same coach as last year based on tonight I'd have believed you

Big Pete

Referee
Really like the Souths variation of the third man play. They've got it down to an art form and the combination of Sutton, GI & Merritt is going to be awfully hard to stop this year. Reynolds might have the best short distance kicking game in the world right now and Luke is just so lethal. Thought the tide turned when Lima and G. Burgess were introduced to the fray. Souths certainly got more value out of them and Crocker than the Roosters did from their benchies.

Speaking of, the Chooks showed that old habits die fast. Started the game like a house on fire but let themselves down by giving away silly penalties and taking bad options. Just need to get back to basics for the Warriors next week.

Red Bear

Referee
I saw Nafe Seluini a few times last year in NSW Cup, absolutely tore the game up, would seem like a reasonable option off the bench at some point.

Friend is good for about twenty minutes at the start of the game, after that his game starts to fall apart. Ill disciplined.

My two cents..

Roosters look no better than last year in that they have no direction or structure and Tuivasa-Sheck and Tupou are in for a long season because neither can tackle.

Maloney and Pearce are one dimensional and neither will win a game off their own skill if they don't start adding some structure to what they are doing.

Geohood

Bench
As has been said before the game and IMO was proved last night, we need time to gel and should improve over the season.

Last edited:

Latest posts