What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | R11 | Sun | Warriors 28-12 Knights | Mt Smart

Round 11: Warriors v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Meth

Staff member
Certainly that was significant, but the referee spent the vast majority of the game only officiating the warriors in the ruck and 10 metres. The officials, as they have been all year, were pretty f**king awful, but in this case i dont think they favoured one side more than the others. Points wise, they punished the knights but who knows what might have been should the warriors received some well earnt penalties

I was out getting some chips for my footy arvo for the disallowed knights try, on the replay at half time it looks a very ordinary call. Knights will be right to feel hard done by on that call and the gridiron pass to Taylor

This.

Knights were hard done by with their disallowed try. And, I suppose, with Taylor's 'flat ball' from Johnson (although plenty of those get through- it was beautiful play).

In saying that, the Warriors were the better team and won convincingly, despite getting raped in the first half for their line speed. Not sure what the penalty could ended up as, but it was very lopsided at the end of the first half, and not justifiably so.

Just happy to get a win. Desperate times over our ways.

Iafeta

Referee
Thrilled to get a win. Noticeable change in style today too, a lot of confidence, a lot of shackles off, go and play Warriors ball. Couldn't give a toss if people call it jungle ball or any other derogatory term, but frankly when your front row is carting it through the ruck and creating second phase you're going to create opportunities and quick ruck speed. The Warriors were noticeably quicker in the ruck today due to it.

For all the rubbish this year, Vatuvei's returning to some of his best football which is only good for us. Feleti had his best game in a year today. A couple of mistakes but it was great seeing him carting the ball forward and promoting the football. Packer, Rapira and Matulino set the tone with some hard carries in the centre, and Matulino hit one or two bell ringers out there too.

All in all, just thrilled to win again, and actually dominate a team playing our style of football.

Thrilled to get a win. Noticeable change in style today too, a lot of confidence, a lot of shackles off, go and play Warriors ball. Couldn't give a toss if people call it jungle ball or any other derogatory term, but frankly when your front row is carting it through the ruck and creating second phase you're going to create opportunities and quick ruck speed. The Warriors were noticeably quicker in the ruck today due to it.

For all the rubbish this year, Vatuvei's returning to some of his best football which is only good for us. Feleti had his best game in a year today. A couple of mistakes but it was great seeing him carting the ball forward and promoting the football. Packer, Rapira and Matulino set the tone with some hard carries in the centre, and Matulino hit one or two bell ringers out there too.

All in all, just thrilled to win again, and actually dominate a team playing our style of football.

Maybe Elliott is allowing them to play their natural game...you are right as they looked like the Warriors from two years ago.

The injuries to Boyd and Uate were a big factor but I still think the Warriors were deserved winners.

One Warrior

Bench
Like the time I rubbished the Chelsea- Man United rivalry and said that while Liverpool v Man United was a clash between two teams with a long, proud history, Man United- Chelsea is a clash between a team with a long, proud history and a team trying to buy one?

:p

:clap: Can't stand Chelsea.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
:lol::lol::lol:
Come on man... COME ON!
no one buys that and you shouldnt be selling it... he is hands down the most biased colour commentator RL has ever seen.

Halligan has never shown any inclination towards being pro-Warriors and it has always annoyed me (apart from him being a stuttering moron) that OUR commentator tends to take an anti-Warriors slant on things.

Sure, he called Johnson's pass flat when it was forward, but Halligan (and Costigan before him) have ruined dozens of Warriors tries down the years by saying there's a question mark on perfectly legitimate passes.

The only crime of our commentary teams has been and remains hopeless incompetence, not bias- hardly surprising when the team has included an incoherent Bulldogs fanatic and a Cowboys tragic who seemed to have some weird personality disorder.

Meth

Staff member
The only commentator that I think you could really call biased is Husband. Halligan and McIvor are out of the closet Dogs fans. Costigan spent more time acquainting us with North QLD geography than he did acquainting himself with the Warriors club. Voss goes fine.

How about the Australian commentary team and their complete ignorance of the Warriors? They're still referring to our big as 'big' and harping on about Manu v Parra all those years ago.

Some of you hear what you want to hear.

Iafeta

Referee
:lol::lol::lol:
Come on man... COME ON!
no one buys that and you shouldnt be selling it... he is hands down the most biased colour commentator RL has ever seen.

You're joking mate. He's a Bulldogs legend through and through. The amount of times he sees a phantom forward pass or a phantom foot on the sideline to try to take the gloss off a Warriors try is uncanny.

I have no problems with that by the way, that's Daryl's prerogative. But to think he has a hard on for the Warriors and is biased towards the Warriors is grossly incorrect. You may have been thinking of Dale Husband, or going back in the past Peter Ropati. Daryl Halligan is NOWHERE similar to those guys.

captainwarrior

Juniors
Sure, he called Johnson's pass flat when it was forward, but Halligan (and Costigan before him) have ruined dozens of Warriors tries down the years by saying there's a question mark on perfectly legitimate passes.

He wasn't the only one, was listening to 2gb and both Andrew Moore and Blocker said it was flat.

Latest posts