What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | R2 | Fri | Dragons 6-22 Broncos | WIN Wollongong

Round 2: Dragons v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spot On

Coach
Welp, as a Broncos supporter, not much there to be unhappy with. What a supreme effort. That defense was probably the best of the season so far from any team. Let the Merge cry, their team were a joke tonight. The value of this victory for us hinges on injuries. I swear to f**k, Hodges hamstrings are wet paper.

Utter bullshit. What the f**k was being thrown at them???? Trent Merrin can only be on the end of a pass from dummy half three out of six tackles. Wake up and take the goggles of dickhead. That was absolute shit from both sides. f**king terrible display all round.

Spot On

Coach
So those saying the Broncos were deplorable, what did you expect from a team who had no field position, a player sin binned and 2 men down on the bench for a large part of the game?

Pretty easy from the luxury of an armchair I suppose.

An absolute hiding to what possibly could be the worst attacking team in the NRL for many, many years. St George are an absolute rabble and will do well to avoid the spoon this year. They are farked.

BDR

First Grade
So those saying the Broncos were deplorable, what did you expect from a team who had no field position, a player sin binned and 2 men down on the bench for a large part of the game?

Pretty easy from the luxury of an armchair I suppose.

Brisbane's lack of field position/possession and Hodges sin binning were both their own fault.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Brisbane's lack of field position/possession and Hodges sin binning were both their own fault.

Rubbish. That sin binning was bullshit in the context of what other teams get away with on a daily basis and everyone knows this.

some11

Referee
Rubbish. That sin binning was bullshit in the context of what other teams get away with on a daily basis and everyone knows this.

Blatant professional foul, you cannot impede the player from playing the ball just to buy time for your team mates to get onside.

Seriously, how long have you been watching Rugby League?

I sniff another poster who has never played the game. Probably the most obvious one we'll see all year and im sure Hodges realised he would be going to the bin for it but played those perecentages well as it was almost certain try if he didnt hang on. Saints players were infront of alot of Brisbane players. It woulda been 13 on 7 or 8

At the end of the day the opportunities we got were legitimate but our attack is just so bad we couldnt execute

Fire

First Grade
I can't believe I want done to the Gong for that.

We had go forward but didn't know how to attack in the Bronc's 20m.

Hopefully the boys can figure this out at training.

Time for a beer!

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I can't believe I want done to the Gong for that.

We had go forward but didn't know how to attack in the Bronc's 20m.

Hopefully the boys can figure this out at training.

Time for a beer!

They need to figure out how to select properly first. I can think of at least 4 players who need to be given the arse and perhaps the coach along with them.

Fire

First Grade
They need to figure out how to select properly first. I can think of at least 4 players who need to be given the arse and perhaps the coach along with them.

That is true.

It is one bad game (specifically in goal line attack), so I'm going to wait until after the Canberra game.

If the same things occur, Cooper and Fien should be dropped and just put the kids Green and Drinkwater in.

I thought Cooper and Fien's experience may benefit the team, but them being out there may hinder us more than it helps us.

The coach, hmmm, well he just may not be NRL quality...

Kiwi

First Grade

Hodges deserved to be binned yes certainly ( so many others do for the same thing yet don't but that is another debate and I hate it when they don't get binned so certainly wont complain about Hodges getting rightfully binned ). The possesion flow though, sometimes you can do very little when the opposition gets such a roll on, at times all teams can do is try to hold another side out and force an error, which the Broncos did.

Last edited:

Iafeta

Referee
That was a sin bin every day of the week. Bloke makes a break away, fullback comes across makes a great tackle, and then lies and rotates in the ruck as his team gets back onside to kill momentum from the break. Sin bin every day of the week.

Saints, dreadful. Nathan Fien, is he the worst halfback in the NRL? Flat hospital passes like no other. Thats the first thing Price has to change. Fieny's a good bloke, but it'd do the club a favour if someone poleaxed him and he missed a couple of weeks (nothing serious of course). They look like they have no structure either. Its like the strategy is let the forwards go forward, and give Fien and Soward the green light to play it as they see it, straight off the cuff. Fien's definitely not that player to be giving that authority to. There's few of them you actually would, really. But none the less, Fien is not that good a runner or a ball player to be playing it like that.

New Guy

Juniors
Fieny's a good bloke, but it'd do the club a favour if someone poleaxed him and he missed a couple of weeks (nothing serious of course).

McGuire tried his best to do them that favour but didnt do a good enough job.

thommo4pm

Coach
I can honestly say I don't think we've ever been in contention for the spoon, but that thinking has well and truly changed. It's going to take a very poor team to stop us from getting the spoon this year.

Iafeta

Referee
I can honestly say I don't think we've ever been in contention for the spoon, but that thinking has well and truly changed. It's going to take a very poor team to stop us from getting the spoon this year.

The Warriors are keen to raise the stakes on that challenge...

ggmu

Juniors
I honestly think that if the Broncos came out one Friday night put up 50 points on a top side playing great football all of u other fans would be still saying thing like broncos are horrible most boring team in the comp get them off Friday nights. I guess ur hatred for them blinds u from seeing things how they really are.