What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | R2 | Fri | Dragons 6-22 Broncos | WIN Wollongong

Round 2: Dragons v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I feel more pissed off than BunniesMan's parents.

On the plus side, we can't go any lower.

Unlike BunniesMan's folks.

beave

Coach
Soward should get a few weeks as well for crimes against playmaking.........and impersonating a footballer........

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
Trust me beave, Broncos fans are just as sick of it as you are. There's nothing more to be discussed other than Gyng is a wanker and the ARLC needs to grow a pair come the next tv rights deal.

Hook reckons about a month. Tough blow, really hope somebody can step up in the Queensland Cup this week.

Diesel

Referee
f**k off Tom...

What an utter f**king abortion of a game. For f**ks sake, I am already sick of watching the Broncos play and it's only rd bloody 2!!!!! Though I am glad our game is tomorrow night which allows me to attend it (daddy day care at the moment) and also maximises our chance of getting a good crowd at DFS.... whoops I mean 'The Clinic', but please explain to me how cows v storm isn't Friday night footy worthy?? It's gotta be better than that shit dished up tonight. Sure the Broncs showed a lot of heart, but other than that..... I want my money back.

Oh and Gus and Rabs are the 2 most f**king idiotic sporting commentators in world sport.

Well said Beave, I'm over the Broncos like most people. If they were playing attractive footy I'd understand but I think 9 have f**ked up bigtime by putting the Broncos on every Friday and ratings will fall.

Good luck for tomorrow's game

beave

Coach
:p

Regardless, should be an awesome game!!

prediction-JLolo runs riot coming off the bench

DoggiesBroke

Juniors
Dragons have lost their last 5 against the Broncos. That's really disappointing.

Good effort by Brisbane though. It's rare that you absorb that much pressure in the first half and then run away with the game.

Joely01

Bench
What an utter f**king abortion of a game. For f**ks sake, I am already sick of watching the Broncos play and it's only rd bloody 2!!!!! Though I am glad our game is tomorrow night which allows me to attend it (daddy day care at the moment) and also maximises our chance of getting a good crowd at DFS.... whoops I mean 'The Clinic', but please explain to me how cows v storm isn't Friday night footy worthy?? It's gotta be better than that shit dished up tonight. Sure the Broncs showed a lot of heart, but other than that..... I want my money back.

Oh and Gus and Rabs are the 2 most f**king idiotic sporting commentators in world sport.

Couldn't agree more, Broncos are such a boring team to watch, and listening to Wally go on and on and on about how great they are is just ridiculous. Cows v storm should have been tonight's game, the Broncs aren't the number 1 QLD team anymore.

Big Pete

Referee
and listening to Wally go on and on and on about how great they are is just ridiculous.

What?

Lewis is probably the most critical of all the commentators. He was pretty much the only commentator who said they still had a lot to work on after the victory.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Welp, as a Broncos supporter, not much there to be unhappy with. What a supreme effort. That defense was probably the best of the season so far from any team. Let the Merge cry, their team were a joke tonight. The value of this victory for us hinges on injuries. I swear to f**k, Hodges hamstrings are wet paper.

I remember back when Bennett was in charge of the Dragons. They'd only score two or three tries each week but they'd defend their arses off and win ugly. Even though they didn't have many points in them, they'd strangle the life from their opposition and the little they had generally proved to be enough.

That resolve in defence is long gone and the attack is not picking up the slack. If anything, it's declined rapidly as well. Looking at the squad, it's not a situation like the Dogs find themselves in ATM either. The Dragons don't have two or three "stars" to return from injury or suspension. The team that's been picked these last two weeks is almost as good as it gets. Unless some newb or newbs plural come into the squad and step it up a notch, I struggle to see them causing any team any sort of serious issues.

thommo4pm

Coach
I remember back when Bennett was in charge of the Dragons. They'd only score two or three tries each week but they'd defend their arses off and win ugly. Even though they didn't have many points in them, they'd strangle the life from their opposition and the little they had generally proved to be enough.

That resolve in defence is long gone and the attack is not picking up the slack. If anything, it's declined rapidly as well. Looking at the squad, it's not a situation like the Dogs find themselves in ATM either. The Dragons don't have two or three "stars" to return from injury or suspension. The team that's been picked these last two weeks is almost as good as it gets. Unless some newb or newbs plural come into the squad and step it up a notch, I struggle to see them causing any team any sort of serious issues.

Agree with this.

BDR

First Grade
If I was a Broncos fan I wouldn't be getting too excited. Your lot looked extremely dire for 60+ minutes, and Scott Prince is a liability in attack and defense...

That said there was a lot of spirit shown by a few players in particular, if you can get that going across the 17 you will win more games than you lose this season.

blaza88z

Coach
If I was a Broncos fan I wouldn't be getting too excited. Your lot looked extremely dire for 60+ minutes, and Scott Prince is a liability in attack and defense...

That said there was a lot of spirit shown by a few players in particular, if you can get that going across the 17 you will win more games than you lose this season.

Yeah, 11 continuous sets of 6 when defending will do that to ya. That's the stat I heard being thrown around anyway.

Spot On

Coach
I don't care how many sets the Dragons had on the Broncs line, if you couldn't read what was coming at you time and time again you shouldn't be in first grade. One of the worst games of league - ever. Criple fight. I thought the Broncos would have improved after last week. Both sides were deplorable and should finish the bottom of the ladder. Disgraceful.

blaza88z

Coach
So those saying the Broncos were deplorable, what did you expect from a team who had no field position, a player sin binned and 2 men down on the bench for a large part of the game?

Pretty easy from the luxury of an armchair I suppose.